Italian language teaching is back in Somalia

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I always liked how the Italian language sounds. Nothing bad will come from it.

Maybe that will make Somalis more romantic

As much as I preach post-colonialism, we still need a small Italian speaking community in Somalia.

Many old documents, records are in Italian including old city plans and architectural plans of old buildings.

Also Italian is a gateway European language. Those who speak Italian can easily learn Spanish and Portuguese.

You could create a department within the tourism Ministry and have them responsible for translating those works and plans.

If Italy recolonized Somalia would it be develop Somalia at a fast rate? (I am not advocating I am simply asking a hypothetical). Since no qabil would be in power there would be no clan disputes politically.:kanyeshrug:
Italia has it own problem back home, no job for the young adults, debts. Its not the same italy

Mashallah Somalia reviving their Italian heritage. If Djibouti speaks French then Somalia should speak Italian two romance speaking Somali nations.

200 (2).gif

What "Italian heritage"?

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Nothing to be alarmed of, let us remember the average Somali is a polyglot. One more language added to the list won't hurt.

Il buongiorno si vede dal mattino :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is disaster! Walaahi. English should be a requirement every where. Faarmaajo is takin a book out of Siyaad Baare.

Cripple citizens with useless foreign language
...Didn't Siyaad Bare ban Italian and promote the Somali language instead? I don't like the guy but just sayin

People crying over Italian in this thread, we already learn English so what do you want.

Imagine Somalis speaking Spanish lol, and f*ck the French their language is terrible.

:mjlol:

People crying over Italian in this thread, we already learn English so what do you want.

Imagine Somalis speaking Spanish lol, and f*ck the French their language is terrible.

With the exception of Portuguese, I actually like the sound of all Romance languages -- especially Italian.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Then how is the language pretty much non existent in Somalia today?

A lot of the students who went to SNU were not really fluent in Italian despite attending classes in Italian.

After 1972, Italian was banned from public schools. So any Somali who wanted to attend university had to become fluent in Italian quick.

Many took quick immersion courses in their final year of high school, which taught them enough to survive at university.

reer

VIP
A lot of the students who went to SNU were not really fluent in Italian despite attending classes in Italian.

After 1972, Italian was banned from public schools. So any Somali who wanted to attend university had to become fluent in Italian quick.

Many took quick immersion courses in their final year of high school, which taught them enough to survive at university.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

English is actually important. What are you going to do with stupid Italian.