Italian language teaching is back in Somalia

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

come state oggi ragazzi?

This is disaster! Walaahi. English should be a requirement every where. Faarmaajo is takin a book out of Siyaad Baare.

Cripple citizens with useless foreign language

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Prepare for colonization
sons of anarchy GIF

If Italy recolonized Somalia would it be develop Somalia at a fast rate? (I am not advocating I am simply asking a hypothetical). Since no qabil would be in power there would be no clan disputes politically.:kanyeshrug:

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Pretty useless. They're better off pushing all their resources into English lessons.
If Italy recolonized Somalia would it be develop Somalia at a fast rate? (I am not advocating I am simply asking a hypothetical). Since no qabil would be in power there would be no clan disputes politically.:kanyeshrug:
Somalia under Italy was already a massive shithole. A Chinese style authoritian crackdown is the only way.

If Italian was a useful language, I wouldn't mind, but if they are going to teach a indo-european language, English, French or Spanish would make more sense lol. This is stupid.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Pretty useless. They're better off pushing all their resources into English lessons.

Somalia under Italy was already a massive shithole. A Chinese style authoritian crackdown is the only way.
These savages do not deserve an inch of liberty.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
As much as I preach post-colonialism, we still need a small Italian speaking community in Somalia.

Many old documents, records are in Italian including old city plans and architectural plans of old buildings.

Also Italian is a gateway European language. Those who speak Italian can easily learn Spanish and Portuguese.

Why do people here seem to think that colonisers actually engaged in developing their subject possessions?

Why do people here seem to think that colonisers actually engaged in developing their subject possessions?
The only time Italy would develop Somalia in that hypothetical Colony 2.0 scenario would be if there was large scale settlement of Italians in Somalia. The Italian government would be more keen to ensure the quality of life in their Somalia Italiana colony would be good enough for their people.

Otherwise, if there were to be no large scale Italian settlements in Somalia then it would be an extractive colonial economy.

what kinda coon ****** would want to speak the language of his colonizers
I mean most african countries has many tribes that speak different language so they use their colonizers language to be offical language for communication between different tribes and not give a tribe upperhand ( pretty much west and central africa. )

However when it comes homogenous countries like us then yeah what can of coon shit is that i only accept english. we don't want to become eritrea 2.0 or djibouti 2.0 that somehow to this day speak their colonizer language. :susp: :idontlike:

English is the lingua franca of the world so it is the only European language to know especially in Somalia.

Wallahi this is embarrasing, Italian serves no purpose for somalis. This just reinforces our colonial past. The italian embassy knows what its doing. SNU should be ashamed.

This is what we get when Somalia relies on international funds. Nacalaa

Trending