Italian language teaching is back in Somalia

Xoxoxo

VIP
As much as I preach post-colonialism, we still need a small Italian speaking community in Somalia.

Many old documents, records are in Italian including old city plans and architectural plans of old buildings.

Also Italian is a gateway European language. Those who speak Italian can easily learn Spanish and Portuguese.
This! It’s an easy gate way language that isn’t as hard or complicated like french or Spanish.

Som

VIP
If Italy recolonized Somalia would it be develop Somalia at a fast rate? (I am not advocating I am simply asking a hypothetical). Since no qabil would be in power there would be no clan disputes politically.:kanyeshrug:
Italy is one of the reasons why Somalia was so corrupt from day one. Italy is a developed country but also one of the most corrupt in western Europe.
According to recent reports of the Corruption Perception Index Italy is more corrupt than Botswana and on the sane level as Caribbean countries like Grenada or arab countries like Saudi and Oman

Says while speaking english, a language of people who also colonized Somalis,
English is for utility America is the world power(tho that will change soon), what kinda use would that grease monkey language have in Somalia, Italy hasn't been relevant since the Roman days,

I mean most african countries has many tribes that speak different language so they use their colonizers language to be offical language for communication between different tribes and not give a tribe upperhand ( pretty much west and central africa. )

However when it comes homogenous countries like us then yeah what can of coon shit is that i only accept english. we don't want to become eritrea 2.0 or djibouti 2.0 that somehow to this day speak their colonizer language. :susp: :idontlike:
by god do I pity those Djibouti fuckers, having to speak that mongrel tongue they call french.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
As much as I preach post-colonialism, we still need a small Italian speaking community in Somalia.

Many old documents, records are in Italian including old city plans and architectural plans of old buildings.

Also Italian is a gateway European language. Those who speak Italian can easily learn Spanish and Portuguese.
Why do we need to learn fucking european langauges like Portuguese wtf? Makes more sense to teach Swahili or Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish kulaha

After all Somalia came from Italians :trumpsmirk:

1632172069555.png

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Everyone speaks English.

Learning Italian is actually high in demand with limited supply (number of speakers outside nof Italy).

Trillion dollar market. Would also create opportunities for our boomers who can still speak/read it.

I only see benefits here.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Why do we need to learn fucking european langauges like Portuguese wtf? Makes more sense to teach Swahili or Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish kulaha

Im not saying there’s a need but Italian is generally a gateway language to learning other European languages.

Also it’s an academic language. A lot of historical works, music composition and philosophy were written in Italian.

Last edited:
Italian? The country that was on the verge of collapse why are we learning Italian teach chinese or something useful

reer

VIP
Im not saying there’s a need but Italian is generally a gateway language to learning other European languages.

Also it’s an academic language. A lot of historical works, music composition and philosophy were written in Italian.
only useful ajnabi languages are english and arabic. english world language and our trade is mostly with arabs. i would go as far as replacing italian loanwords and banning pasta. wallahi. curse italy. curse the people who brutalized our grandparents.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
only useful ajnabi languages are english and arabic. english world language and our trade is mostly with arabs. i would go as far as replacing italian loanwords and banning pasta. wallahi. curse italy. curse the people who brutalized our grandparents.

I agree that Arabic and English are most important but I also believe the more languages the merrier.

Universities generally offer several languages to learn.

As long as Italian doesn't become too big and it doesn't become official it's not THAT big of a concern.

We should start teaching other African languages as well. Overall learning any language is good for you no matter where it's from

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
As long as Italian doesn't become too big and it doesn't become official it's not THAT big of a concern.

We should start teaching other African languages as well. Overall learning any language is good for you no matter where it's from

I completely agree.

Trending