It must be tiring to be black in America

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Despite our internal issues be it political or racial, there are millions of people working hard to make changes and million of others who are listening to the concerns of the people. I have lived in number of states, traveled to the most remote areas without any issues or incidents, met people and made friends from all walks of life. This country still has unforeseen potential and I can feel things will change for the better :)

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Despite our internal issues be it political or racial, there are millions of people working hard to make changes and million of others who are listening to the concerns of the people. I have lived in number of states, traveled to the most remote areas without any issues or incidents, met people and made friends from all walks of life. This country still has unforeseen potential and I can feel things will change for the better :)

Let's hope America can overcome it's original sin and people of colour can feel part of the country.

You must be truly deluded if you believe this. Im sorry go to bumfuck alabama and see if you arent treated like any other african american.
Why would I do anything you tell me to do? And why would I go to any place that has such a bad reputation? Also, I would still be Somali not 'African American' that's for people that don't know what part of Africa they're from. And it's true we don't face the same issues, you aren't associated with piracy, terrorism, refugees etc. And if they treated me differently it wouldn't be because I am black but because I am Muslim and I look ethnic. I do truly believe that we're not all black the way America portrays it, all African immigrants come to new countries with the mindset that they'll get a degree and some experience on the job then go home. But all you are associated with is crime, slavery, drugs etc. You could say that the reason why so many of them live in run-down parts of america is because of a lack of opportunity or poverty but african immigrants and asian immigrants were in the same spot as 'black Americans' but within 1 generation we somehow manage to lift ourselves off from there and contribute to society instead of being a burden.

Apollo

VIP
They do that in mainland yurub? The non-whites in the UK are called an integral part of the country, they expect you to integrate and live here forever :icon lol:

Although I'm probably gonna move, I've seen what living there for a long time did to pakis. Some of them will walk up to you and tell you their name is Cameron without batting an eyelid.

Yep, they do.

But it is mainly boomers and older gen x who have asked me those type of questions. I haven't heard it from young people.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I would take being black in America over being black in Europe any day. I was born here and can claim to be American just like the white man, I bet you guys can’t say the same :mjpls:

AMERICA / USA
ITS A WEIRD PLACE / YOU CAN BE A DUMBASS AND BECOME A BILLIONAIRE AKA JACKASS MOVIES
ITS THE ONLY PLACE ON EARTH WHERE YOU CAN DANCE A BECOME A MILLIONAIRE BECOME A VIRAL VIDEO SENSATION AND GET RICH
IF YOU GET EDUCATION AND SOME HOW PAY OFF YOUR DEBT AND LAND A JOB THIS COUNTRY IS GREAT

THE RACISM IS REAL AND IF YOU ARE NOT WHITE STRAIGHT AND CHRISTIAN AND MALE YOU EXPERIENCE SOME RACISM
OR SEXIST BULLSHIT

IT WILL GET BETTER BUT IM THINKING END OF CENTURY TO MUCH PAIN IN THE SOIL AND AIR FROM SLAVERY TO KILLING OF NATIVES THAT ENERGY IS STILL IN THE AIR AND IT TAKES A WHILE FOR A CURSE LIKE THAT TO BE LIFTED FROM THE LAND

I would take being black in America over being black in Europe any day. I was born here and can claim to be American just like the white man, I bet you guys can’t say the same :mjpls:
CORRECT SAME WITH SOMALIS BORN IN CANADA

NORTH AMERICA IS THE IMMIGRANTS LAND ALL IS WELCOME AND IF OUR BORN HERE YOU ARE THE NATION

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
To preface this I don't care if you think you are black or not, the white man sees you as black thus you are treated as such.

I have been to the whitest parts of Europe from northern Sweden and Norway to the Scottish Highlands and never have I faced direct racism or did I fear for my life.

For you people living in America youre hunted down simply jogging, being on your own property, visiting rural parts of your own country.

It must be truly sad to be black.in America.
Fake news. My dad NEVER had issues with the cops and drove around with pot in the 60s. I experience a lot of racism from AAs. Not all blacks are treated the same. Think about it. The first black president was mixed and Rosa Parks was chosen by the NAACP because of her light skin

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
White trash just stare at me with a confused look. Even if there’s other blacks around. So, I do believe that there’s a difference. When I’m in a white area with a group of other minorities, white folks will only talk to me. Chicago is very racially segregated, but me or my African side of the family never had a problem going in Little Village or Bridgeport.

Jamal The Magnificent

Smoking on that tooka pack
You went to Chicago?

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Like I said in the question of being black in America, you face the exact same problems as any African American. Your personal feelings on whether you're black or not is irrelevant in this equation.
Do you not read??? I live in America and I’ve never felt the “African American struggles” heck I don’t even understand their struggle.

It’s not my personal feelings but actual facts we as Somalis didn’t go through the struggles African Americans went through and which they continue to go through.

Don’t conflate two different people with different experiences with different cultures and say the share the same experience.

Trending