It’s Embarrassing How Low Our GDP is........

Yes its a poor country with one of the largest immigrants living around the globe what did you expect.

This isn't any better but actually the informal economy( what is not reported into the GDP that is not taxed) is about $24billion. What you see accounted into the GDP is what the government could collect.

Ethiopia has the same issue as well but they are able to collect what looks like more taxes even though its thanks to their population being big. More don't wanna pay taxes but getting at least 40% of the population to forcefully pay taxes boosts their GDP.

We love to compare ourselves with Ethiopia but their GDP is nearly 25x ours

All the other countries below us are like small islands with 500k-100k population:farmajoyaab:, were like a 15 year old still in 5th grade. Are we a nation of autistics or what. 68 is much too generous
Until the country fully stabilizes for tourism/foreign investment, eliminates corruption and secure trade deals with resources or production idk it’s gonna happen. Most of the fat calool niggas in charge don’t care.

Well this is what happens when you have terrorist insurgency and a feeble federal government. The current "presidents" and other heads of state enjoy role playing as politicians that are making Somalia better, but for the most part they have been extremely sluggish and uninspiring in their execution.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Dude, There's no proper national statistics office that can confirm such complex numbers. Informal sector makes up to 80% of Somalia's economy. The government has zero effect on that sector and that sector is where majority of the population make their living.

I'd say Somalia's annual GDP is at least 35 Billion.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
I don’t believe that’s our GDP I highly doubt Somalia’s GDP can be accurately calculated at the moment

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
I don't know what you expect when we have 6 differently governed regions and corruption is not punished. Even then a large amount of our economy is comprised of the informal sector which is what the government does not report.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
whats funny to me is how all somalis defend politicians or presidents just cause they share same tribe they show loyalty and wont call them out for all the bullshit they get away with

We have murderers and rapist that have a whole tribe running to defend them

Its around 20b. Xamar alone pays close to a billion in taxes each year and we all know the majority of people in Xamar evade taxes. Normally gdp is like 4x-5x of the tax revenue. Which brings Xamars GDP to 4-5b. The wiki page is not wrong since the FGS only keeps records of xamar and the federal states don't pay any taxes to FGS.

Trending