[Issue solved] 23andMe's description of the Somali cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.
they replied this:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the 23andMe Team. We are currently using modern countries and names to reflect locations where borders have changed in the last 200 years. We did this because we felt that 23andMe members would be more familiar with modern names.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about the description we are using and have forwarded your comments to our ancestry team to be considered for incorporation into future updates.

I hope you found this information helpful.

Best regards,

Dale
The 23andMe Team

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Are they seriously including the civil war in our ethnic description. :noneck:

And don't even get me started on the Arab-Somali fan fiction. :noneck:

Are we so cursed that being Arab muts and warring in the 90s is all there is to us. :noneck:

they seemed to have changed it (from reddit)

Most ethnic Somalis live in Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya, or Djibouti, and speak Somali — a member of the larger Cushitic language family spoken from southern Egypt to northern Tanzania. While united by strong religious traditions rooted in the spread of Islam from the Arabian Peninsula, almost all ethnic Somalis harbor ancient ancestral roots in northern east Africa and share genetic similarities with other Cushitic-speaking groups, like the Oromo people of Ethiopia. With a deep history of pastoralism, many Somalis continue to rely on goat, sheep, camel, and cattle herding for their survival.

https://you.23andme.com/published/reports/76fe05ae4066436d/?share_id=e106d93845b64b34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending