"Islam is a religion of peace" has backfired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid

My qabiil has more camels than yours
The claim Islam is a religion of peace has backfired. After 9/11 Bush said it in a speech at Washington mosque and since then there has been a great debate which Muslims are on the losing side of. How can you make that claim while people are blowing themselves up all over the world in the name of Islam? Are they not Muslims but a radical kind?
Islam is not about peace, it is the total submission to Allah SWT and the teachings of prophet Muhammad SCW, there is no need to sugar coat it. It has been a big misrepresentation and it needs to be corrected.

You know, I realized that 9/11 was an inside job for America, to really have a reason to 'take control' of the world. The actual reason as to why they would do it isn't known to me. I'm not one to usually fall for these theories but do you think with how progressive America was even 15 years ago, would let a few Arabs run their planes into the fucking world trade centers. Honestly America's history in foreign issues before 9/11 was fucking shady. These terrorist were literally funded by the U.S. So, how is it that Islam, the entire religion itself takes the blame for what a mere percentage of people (who do more harm to others their own kind then to those who are outside) and are seen as such by the media have to do with the religion? I just ask you to have a more open mind and take those middle eastern families and kids who have died to a terrorist attack into consideration. No one deserves to be harmed but putting the blame on the religion instead of the people really takes away progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.