Islam civilized Somalia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Somali gaals hate to admit it but Somali golden age was Islam and that is facts. Even respected historians admit it. With Islam, we conquered the most territory in Africa as a single ethnic group with such a small population.

5s.jpg

If you study Somali civilizations, most of them existed during the mediaval period and the early modern period. Sure, we had ancient civilizations but they were few and insignificant compared to the Islamic period of Somali history.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Somali gaals hate to admit it but Somali golden age was Islam and that is facts. Even respected historians admit it. With Islam, we conquered the most territory in Africa as a single ethnic group with such a small population.

5s.jpg

If you study Somali civilizations, most of them existed during the mediaval period and the early modern period. Sure, we had ancient civilizations but they were few and insignificant compared to the Islamic period of Somali history.

You raised many crucial factual points, I agree with you 100 percent. The question is do apostate Somalis use logic and what are their arguments refuting the claims Somali Muslims make regarding this claim? I think they have no argument. We'll see

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
How? Was the macrobian kingdom civilised? Gotta stop acting like we were uncivilised before Islam, cause we clearly weren't. Keep that salafi shit out.

I don't think he meant that and I never denied ancient Somali history but all I am saying is that it was nothing compared to the Islamic period of Somali history and all historians agree with that testimony.

Ancient Somali history was beautiful such as Land of Punt, Macrobia Kingdom and Somali City States but most Somali civilizations existed during the mediaval period and the early modern period and they were far greater too.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
How? Was the macrobian kingdom civilised? Gotta stop acting like we were uncivilised before Islam, cause we clearly weren't. Keep that salafi shit out.

Our history started with Islam before that we were unknown pagans, I'm not salafi at all. I'm just going the historical facts of Somali trend, we become very involved after we become Muslims, who are the microbian kingdom you speak of, quick Google glance pointed to them living in modern day Libya, I'm thinking it has to do with ancient Egypt, land of punt?

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Ancient punt being in Somalia is still a question of speculation, I see everyone from Eritrean to Ugandan claiming the history of Punt

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Our history started with Islam before that we were unknown pagans, I'm not salafi at all. I'm just going the historical facts of Somali trend, we become very involved after we become Muslims, who are the microbian kingdom you speak of, quick Google glance pointed to them living in modern day Libya, I'm thinking it has to do with ancient Egypt, land of punt?

Here is the ancient Persian (Achaemenid Empire) map.

788px-Herodotus_world_map-en.svg.png

It was located in southern Ethiopia and the Macrobian Kingdom suceeded from Punt Kingdom meaning they were ancient proto-Somalis.

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrobians

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
They are the proto somalis that lived south of ethiopia, they were seafarers as well as herders, can't exactly find a proper map for it right now, will edit post later should I find said map.
Anyways, unknown pagans? The somali city states for example were massive traders that had luctrative trade routes, if they were unknown, nobody would have bothered with those routes. Trade networks all the way from rome to India and china. Our people are well known merchants and warriors.

You believe what you want.

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
I don't think he meant that and I never denied ancient Somali history but all I am saying is that it was nothing compared to the Islamic period of Somali history and all historians agree with that testimony.

Ancient Somali history was beautiful such as Land of Punt, Macrobia Kingdom and Somali City States but most Somali civilizations existed during the mediaval period and the early modern period and they were far greater too.
It's like comparing the united states of today with Rome. Different eras sxb.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP

It was located in southern Ethiopia and the Macrobian Kingdom suceeded from Punt Kingdom meaning they were ancient proto-Somalis.

Lol,

Lol, this more like speculation , the claim punt being in Somalia has no substantial prove now supposedly their offsprings were Somali?

I'm gonna need more information to believe this, the description of the kingdom, multiple outside sources etc.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
They are the proto somalis that lived south of ethiopia, they were seafarers as well as herders, can't exactly find a proper map for it right now, will edit post later should I find said map.
Anyways, unknown pagans? The somali city states for example were massive traders that had luctrative trade routes, if they were unknown, nobody would have bothered with those routes. Trade networks all the way from rome to India and china. Our people are well known merchants and warriors.

You believe what you want.

Can you name the Somali city states, I'm guessing you're referring to Mogadishu etc? Weren't we Muslims already at that time?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
There was no Somali ethnicity Somali tribes and identity came during the medieval period

Oldest Somali "Somaal" was referenced back in the 9th century during the period of Mogadishu Sultanate and the early Adal Kingdom. Although most historians agree that Somali was much older and modern day linguistic studies have confirm our ethnicity is more than 3 thousand years old.

Whole of Africa was called berber

Again, we were reffered as Barbara by ancient Greeks, Romans, Indians and Persians meaning dark skin Berbers while Arabs refered us as Bilad Al-Berber also meaning dark skin Berbers.

Let me quote a historical fact for you.

Barbara, also referred to as Barbaria, referred to two ancient regions in littoral Northeast Africa. The two areas were inhabited by the Eastern Barbaroi or Baribah (Berbers) as referred to by ancient Greek philosophers. These inhabitants were the ancestors of today's Somali people who used to border the Axumites in the north and border the Azanians in the south.

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_(region)

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Our modern tribes developed after islam though

Have to disagree with you there. Our lineages were Arabized during the Islamic period because we tried to create a closer connection with Arabs but there are scripts for pure Somali lineages for Dir, Hawiye and rest of Somaale. Sab branch only managed to keep their lineage purely Somali and yet dominate Arabs during the Geledi Sultanate period just goes to show you that Rahanweyn are the real Somalis and yet they carry the deen better than us.

The Rahanweyn clan were mentioned as the people of Reewing who lived in the fertile lands and coastal provinces and were very wealthy and powerful people during the antiquity period in southern Somalia. They were said to be a sub group of Barbara or Barbaroi people ancestors of the Somali people.

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahanweyn

Have to disagree with you there. Our lineages were Arabized during the Islamic period because we tried to create a closer connection with Arabs but there are scripts for pure Somali lineages for Dir, Hawiye and rest of Somaale. Sab branch only managed to keep their lineage purely Somali and yet dominate Arabs during the Geledi Sultanate period just goes to show you that Rahanweyn are the real Somalis and yet they carry the deen better than us.

The Rahanweyn clan were mentioned as the people of Reewing who lived in the fertile lands and coastal provinces and were very wealthy and powerful people during the antiquity period in southern Somalia. They were said to be a sub group of Barbara or Barbaroi people ancestors of the Somali people.

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahanweyn
True I guess us darood are the most recent qabil maybe issaq are newer than us I have a suugo theory that issaq is an offshoot of dir clan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending