Islam and Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it was from al-Qur'an chapter 8 verse 67.

If you're gonna misrepresent my arguments then all I have to say is enjoy your day. Pointless engaging with you on this subject.
Yes it is from the Qur'aan, there is no denying that.
However I explained the context behind when the ayah was revealed.
It was revelead during The Battle of Badr.

The verse is telling us before thinking about taking captives, make sure that you've won the war.

Stop taking things out of context
:what1:

The importance of this verse was seen in the Battle of Uhud, when the companions of our prophet (s.a.w) pre-occupied themselves with the early 'spoils of war', which allowed the enemy to grasp the opportunity and manage to carry out a vicious counter attack which resulted in martyrdom of many Muslims.

a barrage of violent acts in the Quran.
Keep your gaalnimo but stop trying to put out this false narrative that "Islam is violent and calls for a barrage of violent acts", when it's clearly not the case.
:umwhat:
سُوۡرَةُ البَقَرَة
Surah Al-Baqara
وَقَـٰتِلُواْ فِى سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلَّذِينَ يُقَـٰتِلُونَكُمۡ وَلَا تَعۡتَدُوٓاْ‌ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَا يُحِبُّ ٱلۡمُعۡتَدِينَ (١٩٠)

And fight in the Way of Allah those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allah likes not the transgressors. (190)

You don't need to insult Islam to justify your decision.

:umwhat::snoop:

Last edited:

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
How many atheists here are going through the first stage of atheism ? The stage where they are crusading against their ex religion.

Why can't we just get some apathy from dese atheists?

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
Yes it is from the Qur'aan, there is no denying that.
However I explained the context behind when the ayah was revealed.
It was revelead during The Battle of Badr.

The verse is telling us before thinking about taking captives, make sure that you've won the war.

Stop taking things out of context
:what1:

The importance of this verse was seen in the Battle of Uhud, when the companions of our prophet (s.a.w) pre-occupied themselves with the early 'spoils of war', which allowed the enemy to grasp the opportunity and manage to carry out a vicious counter attack which resulted in martyrdom of many Muslims.

Keep your gaalnimo but stop trying to put out this false narrative that "Islam is violent and calls for a barrage of violent acts", when it's clearly not the case.
:umwhat:
سُوۡرَةُ البَقَرَة
Surah Al-Baqara
وَقَـٰتِلُواْ فِى سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلَّذِينَ يُقَـٰتِلُونَكُمۡ وَلَا تَعۡتَدُوٓاْ‌ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَا يُحِبُّ ٱلۡمُعۡتَدِينَ (١٩٠)

And fight in the Way of Allah those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allah likes not the transgressors. (190)

You don't need to insult Islam to justify your decision.

:umwhat::snoop:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I explained to you the context behind the verse and it certainly wasn't what you posit. I told you it's pointless engaging precisely because of your level of dishonesty.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I explained to you the context behind the verse and it certainly wasn't what you posit. I told you it's pointless engaging precisely because of your level of dishonesty.
Don't even bother with this one sxb. He's been honing his skills ever since he was a clan warrior on somnet boards. Intellectual honesty is not his thing
:farole:

Nah it was me returning the favor. Gaal crew can't go a day without making stupid threads like these or starting bullshit arguments on other threads unrelated to religion. Everyone on this forum can bear witness to this.

The past it wasn't too bad but these days you are getting too extra with this. The forum has become Atheist vs Muslim debate spot and It's getting annoying as f*ck.
What else are you supposed to talk about in the religion area? You muslims don't make sense

Violence isn't so bad when justified and deserved like those assholes who came sick to the prophet. He gave them his camels until they got healthier, then they killed the camel herder and then stole the camel? They deserved every ounce of that punishment.

The second one is a verse from surah anfal. Why did the war happen? They mocked him for 13 years in mecca, then tried to kill him, then chase him out in the middle of the night, then sent an army? What the hell should he have done? Give them milk and honey? Islam is pretty straightforward on violence ad self defense. It never tells people to be violent for no reason.

Violence isn't so bad when justified and deserved like those assholes who came sick to the prophet. He gave them his camels until they got healthier, then they killed the camel herder and then stole the camel? They deserved every ounce of that punishment.

The second one is a verse from surah anfal. Why did the war happen? They mocked him for 13 years in mecca, then tried to kill him, then chase him out in the middle of the night, then sent an army? What the hell should he have done? Give them milk and honey? Islam is pretty straightforward on violence ad self defense. It never tells people to be violent for no reason.
I agree with the death sentence but gouging their eyes out??:susp:
What about the one where the woman is split into two, do you think she deserved that??

Last edited:
I agree with the death sentence but gouging their eyes out??:susp:
What about the one where tho woman is split into two, do you think she deserved that??
No and the prophet did not say it was a deserved death either did he?

The pagan Arabs were repulsive people. They attacked the muslims in Medina twice. When in war, all is fair. Apparently westerners want a peaceful islam when even their religion is more violent and usually without reason.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
No and the prophet did not say it was a deserved death either did he?

The pagan Arabs were repulsive people. They attacked the muslims in Medina twice. When in war, all is fair. Apparently westerners want a peaceful islam when even their religion is more violent and usually without reason.

No mate killing is one thing but making it into Mortal Kombatesque artform is another.

:susp:

Gouging peoples eyes out and leaving them to die in thirst is sheer barbarism and I can't believe you'd even begin to try justify it.

No mate killing is one thing but making it into Mortal Kombatesque artform is another.

:susp:

Gouging peoples eyes out and leaving them to die in thirst is sheer barbarism and I can't believe you'd even begin to try justify it.
:manny: so is stealing and then killing from the man who feeds you. Life is harsh. People can't do whatever they want. :stopit:

:manny: so is stealing and then killing from the man who feeds you. Life is harsh. People can't do whatever they want. :stopit:
Wax!!
IMG_1388.GIF

Stealing and killing are different to torture and savage killings!!! What moe did was pure savagery, isn't this meant to be a peaceful person. If he's so perfect and peaceful wth is that?

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Moe was the perfect person except he had slaves, tortured people, killed entire tribes including teenage boys, married a child under the "inspiration of god" and so on.

:ohhh: Interesting...

It's not that the Prophet is actually a peaceful man, it's that Muslim's say that he is and everyone else has to accept it or they're "islamophobes".

:drakekidding:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending