Is this true?

Are you randomly showing up unannounced or were you called and visiting for a reason? I agree it's ceeb unless you're a woman yourself, a kid or bringing your own kids.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Are you randomly showing up unannounced or were you called and visiting for a reason? I agree it's ceeb unless you're a woman yourself, a kid or bringing your own kids.
well im In Hargeisa now been here for few days I visit as many relatives as possible I dont show up unannounced I call ahead and see if its ok with them after I visited a female cousin whose married I was told its ceeb for a guy to visit female cousins who are married and ive never heard about this and was wondering if others in here have heard of this rule

well im In Hargeisa now been here for few days I visit as many relatives as possible I dont show up unannounced I call ahead and see if its ok with them after I visited a female cousin whose married I was told its ceeb for a guy to visit female cousins who are married and ive never heard about this and was wondering if others in here have heard of this rule
Yeah thats true.

I fail to see how that is a problem provided her husband is in the house as well. It doesn't very Somali but more like Arab culture tbh.

Arab culture isn’t a monolith. A lot of Arabs freemix.

They freemix a lot less than us, well Gulf Arabs anyway. It is ceeb in their culture for a woman to even initiate a salam to her own cousin if she sees him down the street. In Somali culture, if I was to see my couisn walking obviously i'd say hi and it would be weird for me not to.

Xaruun

VIP
They freemix a lot less than us, well Gulf Arabs anyway. It is ceeb in their culture for a woman to even initiate a salam to her own cousin if she sees him down the street. In Somali culture, if I was to see my couisn walking obviously i'd say hi and it would be weird for me not to.
Gulf Arabs aren’t all arabs though. In NA non-mahrams greet by kissing each other on the cheek.

yes it is.

cousin is halal to marry. so essentially she is treated like nay other woman. its like visiting a random married woman.