Is this normal 2 see in the UK? I thought these people were very racist to allow this

Status
Not open for further replies.

black

live and let die.
That was fairly early. If you're not aversed to dating out in highschool, you wont be in later life. Your expectations for a partners may change, your tastes probably wont. My point was, I've been seeing it since early and it isn't a weird sight.

People's reason for not dating out isn't always tied to preference or taste. For lack of a better word, dating gets more 'politicized' as you get older. In school, very few people would even care at all about things like cultural stigma.

VixR

Veritas
People's reason for not dating out isn't always tied to preference or taste. For lack of a better word, dating gets more 'politicized' as you get older. In school, very few people would even care at all about things like cultural stigma.
:cosbyhmm:I'm super curious at what your reality is. Interracial dating here is incredibly common with all kinds of variations to it. Forget Blacks, which are notorious for dating anything other than their own, Somalis around here are up here in their variations. My coworker in her 40s told me about her trials with her parents and her Black husband, but she's old, and I've known ppl and am aware of folks hiding ppl under their bed, in the closet or keeping secret boyfriends or girlfriends bc their parents wont accept other than from their background as being a reality for some ppl currently, but all in all it's pretty freaking commonplace enough that it isn't weird to see a mixed couple.

Here in London ,dating is often a code word for smashing.I know somali sand black fellows who have Asian girls ,but those Asians girls are messing around and will be expected to marry some poor fellow from her community .even in my high school ,they loved anyone with chocolate skin and who said wagwan three times.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
:cosbyhmm:I'm super curious at what your reality is. Interracial dating here is incredibly common with all kinds of variations to it. Forget Blacks, which are notorious for dating anything other than their own, Somalis around here are up here in their variations. My coworker in her 40s told me about her trials with her parents and her Black husband, but she's old, and I've known ppl and am aware of folks hiding ppl under their bed, in the closet or keeping secret boyfriends or girlfriends bc their parents wont accept other than from their background as being a reality for some ppl currently, but all in all it's pretty freaking commonplace enough that it isn't weird to see a mixed couple.

You have a 40 year old Somali coworker?

black

live and let die.

Don't get me wrong, interracial dating, marriage and whatever else in between isn't 'rare' by any means. Aside from the notorious Black male - White female coupling, you'll find some Asian - White couples. Usually South Asian female and white male, sometimes reverse. They're still fairly uncommon if you factor in that (South) Asians have been here a while and have the highest minority numbers by far. Africans and other groups are far more recent immigrants, they're economically worse off and still have a higher % of interracial relationships.

Somalis seem a mixed bag over here also, I know a guy that married a Romanian woman not too long ago, and a close friend of mine is with a Bulgarian (or something like that) girl. She's Balkan anyway. Should be interesting, because I think this generation of Somalis is going to be vastly different from the previous for obvious reasons. Some less serious Somali-cadaan couples also.

The UK just seems to have more 'conservative' group of immigrants. Hindus, Sikhs, Pakistanis, Somalis, Arabs etc. where as America seems to have AAs, South/Central Americans and East Asians. Hindus and Sikhs barely intermarry, let alone throwing a Black or Arab Muslim in the mix. In America, at least the image I perceive it seems that for example, every Asian female is with a White guy. To the point where it seems very questionable. There seem to be less barriers.

I just disagree that if someone would date out in school, they'd likely date out as an adult. From my experience at least, 95% of the kids in school couldn't care less about someone's background. If they're into them, they're into them and that's all there is to it. I wouldn't say it's the same for adults. For whatever reasons, I'd say even within the same generation, the % of interracial couples in school is far higher than the % of interracial adult couples.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Here in London ,dating is often a code word for smashing.I know somali sand black fellows who have Asian girls ,but those Asians girls are messing around and will be expected to marry some poor fellow from her community .even in my high school ,they loved anyone with chocolate skin and who said wagwan three times.
TRUE east asians had a thing for mathows in school and college when they hit universty in far of towns like Leicester and Coventry they go wild

My Pakistani friend loved black guys and Arab guys so I think if their families weren't so strict they would have pursued black and Arab guys instead of pursuing Pakistanis.
Pakistanis care about family honor so much. Once my friend who liked black and Arab guys finished school she wasn't allowed outside the house without a chaperone. Another one of my friend that I used to work with had a tracker installed on her phone so that her brother could track her every move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending