Is there any djiboutian in sspot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Cisse in Djibouti are migrants as well. They came for better job opportunities mostly from Dir Dhabe. The only natives are Cisse nomads and Afars.
i heard Isaaqs that are even born in Djibouti they are still not classed as Djiboutian by anyone Somali or Djiboutian, coz of the fact of what tribe they are and how well know Isaaqs are etc

I beg to differ Djiboutians are no different from their Northern cousins in terms of linguistic , they are also the second black country to join the Arab League which isn't something appealling , unfortunately they took in large waves of Yemenis with hospitality a hospitality that it's current leader Omar Guelleh often neglects and turn a blind eye when it's his own countrymen living in abject poverty .

Also Djibouti would of been a barren empty desert if it weren't for geopolitics , Bab Al Mandeb a close proximity to the Middle East attracted International players to set up bases , basically 90% of the country's entire revenue depends on the rents allocated
It has limited natural resources and the region itself is sparsely populated duet its extreme weather and scarcity

Djiboutians are tired of the corruption but they can not address their issues without being labelled as menaces , the corruption within the authotarian government lead to mass migration

Djibouti City itself have the largest slum in the Horn of Africa

Djiboutian are also at stake since their banking system use Francs as the currency leading mass scale debts ,don't forget they signed an accord deal with the Chinese they'll soon be in another debt trap

This country also provides shipping to its landlocked neighbour , if the French weren't present the entire region would have been the 10th kilil
I was talking bout the ppl and the country. You can have good time there. Its safe, they got very Sophisticated people, they are not like other somalis stalking and acting like sheikh(while they are not). They got amazing nightlife, i mean you can chill like in paris if you got the money:)

But i agree with you everyhin you said here.
Djibouti gets more than $300 million from foreign militaries alone plus their port, ethopia(100million ppls 95% import/export) alone pays around 1.5 and 2 billion dollars to Djibouti in port fees. But ismail omar gulled and his family takes all that money and they have also monopoly of djiboutis business.
Its shit government but super people and super country

Last edited:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
i heard Isaaqs that are even born in Djibouti they are still not classed as Djiboutian by anyone Somali or Djiboutian, coz of the fact of what tribe they are and how well know Isaaqs are etc
People who say that are hypocrites. A Isaaq or Samaroon is as Djiboutian as s Cisse. We have been in the country since independence and in have been living in Djibouti as long as most Cisse (for reasons i stated earlier.)

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
I was talking bout the ppl and the country. You can have good time there. Its safe, they got very Sophisticated people, they are not like other somalis stalking and acting like sheikh(while they are not). They got amazing nightlife, i mean you can chill like in paris if you got the money:)

But i agree with you everyhin you said here.
Djibouti gets more than $300 million from foreign militaries alone plus their port, ethopia(100million ppls 95% import/export) alone pays around 1.5 and 2 billion dollars to Djibouti in port fees. But ismail omar gulled and his family takes all that money and they have also monopoly of djiboutis business.
Its shit government but super people and super country

Sorry I may have been bit a harsh about the current political situation

You are right Djiboutians are secular compared to their counterparts Somalia
Their way of life is not exaggerated , they know how to socialize with neighbouring states unlike autistic Somalia , the only concern is the large influx of Arabs plaguing the region

If this continues unfortunately social events like partying , clubbing , way of life will be intervened

Please take notes , Somalia was once a secular , vivid and spontaneous nation
Look at today we are the Afghanistan of Africa
The laughing stock of the world the men dress and talk like Arabs , our women replaced their traditional clothes to unknown burqas
Our language is almost extinct
In xamar almost everyone can read and write in Arabic than their mother tongue

I cannot even look at Mogadishu in the eye anymore without vomiting and cringing

Since your Issa , preserve your culture

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
People who say that are hypocrites. A Isaaq or Samaroon is as Djiboutian as s Cisse. We have been in the country since independence and in have been living in Djibouti as long as most Cisse (for reasons i stated earlier.)

Is weed available in Djibouti , I know there's a rasta movement and probably they smoke that loud
I might apply for citizenship
lol
But me non parle francais

Last edited:

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Is weed available in Djibouti , I know there's a rasta movement and probably they smoke that loud
I might apply for citizenship
lol
But me non parle francais
cannabis is available and cheap but not legal. imported vodka are cheap too. a bottle of vodka is $8

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
I wonder is there djiboutians in this forum?
Love them...i met few djiboutians in hargeisa last summer, wlhi they knw how to enjoy life. Cid ku mashquulayso cid kale ma jirto. Haday soomaalida sidaa ahaan lahaayeen uun. If i could change my clan i would change it to the clans of djiboutians.
Cool and Djiboutians usually cross the border to get into Somaliland during the summer holidays as they see it as a vacation because of the sweltering weathers back there.

Invader

Somalis are seen as Somalis to the ciise during my stay there for a year. They see everyone as their brothers in a Islam but there are ethnic tensions between the youth there.

Invader

somali is actually the official language. half of the population don't even speak french or arabic
Well you can only get a good job if you know them. My cousins only speak Arabic because of TV and my other cousins speak Arabic,French and English fluently and are seen as the fit example of what Djiboutians should be . The reason illiteracy is in its 60s is because of kids not caring about school and see it as a playground to date or make mates.

Macalin M

Out here
I was speaking to a Djiboutian Somali girl, a couple years ago. She told me how she doesn’t want to fall in love with a reer Xamar because they have multiple wives.

She always called me reer Xamar but she never knew if I was from Xamar or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts