Is there a Marriage Crises in the Somali-Canadian community? There's so many single young Xalimos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
How old are you? Are you a man or a woman? And why do you always have a random white woman as your profile pic?

I'm a 43 year White suburban mom from Birmingham, Alabama. I'm not your type b.:whoa: Also, that's the one and only beautiful queen Rosamund in my dp

N

nadia

I don't blame them being single since most Canadian somali guys are qashin just like the somalis in the UK and besides isn't there a high homicide rate amongst somali males because all I hear on the somali media is somali teenager shot dead in York 100 somalis died since 2005 in canada etc.. it's very sad what's going on over there and to think since we live in a western society we will behave well and use all the resources they provided us and succeed but no were instead killing each other like were warlords backhome disgraceful and shameful

I've noticed there aren't that many marriages here from the under 30 crowd, especially Toronto.

People have their own reasons but I think the most common reason is that they want to first wipe out their student loans and be years into their careers.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
I've noticed there aren't that many marriages here from the under 30 crowd, especially Toronto.

People have their own reasons but I think the most common reason is that they want to first wipe out their student loans and be years into their careers.
It's so retarded when somalis get married while they're still in school.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
I know so many beautiful, educated, young, single Somali women. Many of my female cousins are still single. I don't understand why though. They're beautiful, light skin, educated, have sweet personalities, etc. Most of my sisters' friends are single too. Are there not many good quality Somali men out there? There's this one girl that I can't believe she's still single. She's 26, has a nice car, lives with her hoyoo, has a good paying job, and is drop dead gorgeous. Like model level...and yet my Sister told me she's not dating anyone, she's been single a long time.

I think there is a marriage crises going on in the Somali Canadian community. I don't think this problem exists in the UK though. I always hear of a wedding happening there every week. England is so small, all Somalis tend to live in the same neighbourhoods, so all Somalis know each other there. You don't need a car to get around and so there's a higher chance of meeting other young Somalis.

But Canada is so big and the cities are very widespread and you need a car to get around. Somalis here don't generally live in the same neighbourhoods, so there's a lower chance of meeting other Somalis. What's going on? Why are there so many single Xalimos?

The answer to your question/s is this.

The Somali Community in general is seen as an outsider in Toronto.
We do not really bend in well. We stick to our culture and religion.
We are seen by the whites as a foreign threat. So, to control us, measures of population-control were undertaken by 'they who shall not be named'.
One of these measures is the enslavement of Somali men through the School-to-Prison pipeline. <--- Click

I say enslavement, because once you get a criminal record in Toronto, you can never redeem yourself.
For ex: Almost all jobs require criminal back ground checks. A person with a record is rarely hired.
This enslavement, and it's psychological consequence, makes it almost impossible for Somali men to enter into the work-market for the desired jobs.

According to gender-role stereotypes, a man's eligibility for marriage is tied to his "education-status" and "work-status".
Therefore, Somali girls perceive a Somali man without a good education, and without a good job, as a waste-man.
And they also perceive a Somali man with a criminal record as not-marriage-material.
These are the ruling ideas that govern the shukansi market and the Marriage-market.
So even if a Somali girl who is over-educated and well-paid wants to marry a Somali man who is under-educated and unemployed,
her family and friends would probably object and say she deserves better.
This expected-interference, and the negative experiences that it might generate,
often forces Somali women to look for better marriage-candidates who are at, or above, their socio-economic level.

Naturally, this task becomes very difficult because a large portion of Somali men are [in-reality] poor and defeated.
There is, of course, a minority of Somali men who've always been on the right path.
And there is another minority of Somali men, who were almost destroyed by the 'school-to-prison-pipeline' and other mediums,
but who somehow managed to survive and purse their educational aspirations and careers.
The Men who fall in both of these categories appear very small [both metaphorically and literally population-wise],
when they're compared to large population of Somali girls who are reaching new heights of success everyday.

On the other hand, most Somali men who have become downtrodden,
have distracted themselves from the fact that they cannot positively-fulfill the gender role stereotype that a man is his wallet,
by focusing on the religious beliefs that espouse that men are indeed innately superior to women.
So they focus on their 'imagined-innate' superiority, when in reality they are socio-economically inferior to Somali women.

The socio-economic successes of Somali Women within Toronto,
And the Socio-economic exclusion [through the school-to-prison pipeline] of Somali men from the Work-market in Toronto,
And the Gender roles that equate a mans worth to his wallet,
Has created the currently Dominant perception [among Somali women and their families] that Good Somali men are scarce.
The truth, however, is that there are many Good Somali Men. There are many men [ex-convicts] who are trying to improve their lives.
There are many men [high-school and uni drop-outs] who have survived the violence that was inflicted upon them by school-to-prison pipeline
and the slave-culture that they've been niggerized with.
But we do live in a capitalistic society, and we do all worship money.
So at the end of the day, it's all about the dollars and cents.

What is the eventual result of all of this?

Well: When Somali men and women don't understand and marry each other [because of aforementioned perceptions], less Somali Children born.

Also: If Somali families continue to put immense pressure on Somali women,
to only marry well-educated and employed Somali men, [when in reality these men are few and far off],
then most Somali women, who are afraid to engage inter-racial relationships, are bound to be single forever.
And this means that there will be less Somali children.

So Endriam, What you are witnessing on the ground-level,
is for many reasons a mere consequence of events that were put into motion
by "they who shall not be named".

Here is your next question: why would "they who shall not be named" target only Somali men and not Somali women for socio-economic exclusion?

And this is my answer: In the time of Moses, Why did the Pharaoh kill of all the male babies and allow the women to live? What did he fear?

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300

We are seen by the whites as a foreign threat. So, to control us, measures of population-control were undertaken by 'they who shall not be named'.
One of these measures is the enslavement of Somali men through the School-to-Prison pipeline. <--- Click

I say enslavement, because once you get a criminal record in Toronto, you can never redeem yourself.
For ex: Almost all jobs require criminal back ground checks. A person with a record is rarely hired.
This enslavement, and it's psychological consequence, makes it almost impossible for Somali men to enter into the work-market for the desired jobs.

According to gender-role stereotypes, a man's eligibility for marriage is tied to his "education-status" and "work-status".
Therefore, Somali girls perceive a Somali man without a good education, and without a good job, as a waste-man.
And they also perceive a Somali man with a criminal record as not-marriage-material.
These are the ruling ideas that govern the shukansi market and the Marriage-market.
So even if a Somali girl who is over-educated and well-paid wants to marry a Somali man who is under-educated and unemployed,
This expected-interference, and the negative experiences that it might generate,
often forces Somali women to look for better marriage-candidates who are at, or above, their socio-economic level.

Naturally, this task becomes very difficult because a large portion of Somali men are [in-reality] poor and defeated.
There is, of course, a minority of Somali men who've always been on the right path.
And there is another minority of Somali men, who were almost destroyed by the 'school-to-prison-pipeline' and other mediums,
but who somehow managed to survive and purse their educational aspirations and careers.
The Men who fall in both of these categories appear very small [both metaphorically and literally population-wise],
when they're compared to large population of Somali girls who are reaching new heights of success everyday.

have distracted themselves from the fact that they cannot positively-fulfill the gender role stereotype that a man is his wallet,
by focusing on the religious beliefs that espouse that men are indeed innately superior to women.
So they focus on their 'imagined-innate' superiority, when in reality they are socio-economically inferior to Somali women.

And the Socio-economic exclusion [through the school-to-prison pipeline] of Somali men from the Work-market in Toronto,
Has created the currently Dominant perception [among Somali women and their families] that Good Somali men are scarce.
The truth, however, is that there are many Good Somali Men. There are many men [ex-convicts] who are trying to improve their lives.
There are many men [high-school and uni drop-outs] who have survived the violence that was inflicted upon them by school-to-prison pipeline

Well: When Somali men and women don't understand and marry each other [because of aforementioned perceptions], less Somali Children born.

to only marry well-educated and employed Somali men, [when in reality these men are few and far off],
then most Somali women, who are afraid to engage inter-racial relationships, are bound to be single forever.

Here is your next question: why would "they who shall not be named" target only Somali men and not Somali women for socio-economic exclusion?

And this is my answer: In the time of Moses, Why did the Pharaoh kill of all the male babies and allow the women to live? What did he fear?
You are implying that it is not the Somali men's fault for becoming criminals and getting a criminal record, and that "the establishment" is out to get them, which isn't the case.
These men are qasaaros and the only person to blame for their "enslavement" is them, not the white man.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP

:camby:

It's better for all Somali women to marry non Somalis than families to accept their daughters to marry criminals. There are plenty of ways to gain a halal income after being in jail you just needs some hustle and hard work.

I'd say 80% of Somali girls wear hijab in Toronto, do they not face discrimination in the workplace too? I don't see them ing.

Wallahi Somali guys in Canada are qasaarothrough and through if you can write that car unironically. What sort of society is ok with girls marrying unemployed criminals? What kind of children are going to become of such a foul union? :susp:

It's better for all Somali women to marry non Somalis than families to accept their daughters to marry criminals. There are plenty of ways to gain a halal income after being in jail you just needs some hustle and hard work.

I'd say 80% of Somali girls wear hijab in Toronto, do they not face discrimination in the workplace too? I don't see them ing.

Wallahi Somali guys in Canada are qasaarothrough and through if you can write that car unironically. What sort of society is ok with girls marrying unemployed criminals? What kind of children are going to become of such a foul union? :susp:

Canadian Somalis lack in terms of quality compared to their diaspora counterparts.

Ottawa seems like the only city with a "decent" somali community.

The rest like Toronto, Edmonton, and Vancouver are absolute Qasaaro and a waste of space.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
Canadian Somalis lack in terms of quality compared to their diaspora counterparts.

Ottawa seems like the only city with a "decent" somali community.

The rest like Toronto, Edmonton, and Vancouver are absolute Qasaaro and a waste of space.
There's somalis in vancouver? :what1:

There's somalis in vancouver? :what1:

I used to live there a couple years ago, most of the males are either in jail, partying, or chilling at shisha lounges.

That City has literally no Somalis pursuing Post-Secondary education aside from a Handful of Somali

females and a couple of Somali males.

Madara x

Sleep soundly

If you are looking at it from an individualistic perspective,
then obviously marrying a broke [economically and psychologically] nigga is a bad deal.
It's a no-go.

But from a wider social-communal perspective, marrying non-somalis
or avoiding Somali men because they are currently downtrodden,
and thereby reinforcing the aforementioned stereotypes,
is exactly what 'they who shall not be named' wanted to happen.
So in the long-term, this is a graver loss to community as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending