Is the unification of Somaliweyn still possible?

Is Somaliweyn still possible?

• Not in our lifetime, but it is possible in the far future

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Somaliweyn is dead

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Somaliweyn is still very much possible within our lifetime

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • The Somali people are simply far too divided, just give up

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Results

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Ngl the situation looks bleak & I feel that with the more & more clan enclaves vying for independence, that Somali unity is drifting further away with each passing day.

It’s in my opinion that Somalia should focus on its own internal affairs until it becomes a developed nation and during that time, should develop close friendships & allies with more powerful nations, to win their support.

Only then should Somaliweyn happen, the nation must first ensure its own long term stability & prosperity so we actually have leverage this time around. We should bide our time, it’s not like Ethiopia & Kenya are going to become like South Korea anytime soon.

The last chance and attempt at any Somali unity was the ICU and that died in 2006. It will never happen in our lifetime so we must focus on planting the seeds of unity for our future children. This means development and reconciliation

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi. Sub-Saharans are cursed
SL is not interested in what you are selling, maybe reer Jabuuti will be more eager in the failed state's obsession with Somaliweyn.

Somaliweyn is dead, dont know why so many somalis are fixated on it when Somalia itself is a shithole where its people destroyed their own country. How will inviting more somalis fix anything, if anything it makes things worse.

economically yes. But politically….no. Our enemies number 200mil, and we’re fighting amongst ourselves when Somalia is a mere 18mil

The world will change very rapidly in the next decade. I mean changes that haven't been seen for maybe at least 150 years.

With the coming changes, absolutely anything is possible and it might well remove all impediments for Somaliweyn

In this continent where borders were drawn by colonial powers the current borders are sacred. Not a chance at least in this lifetime
The old world order is changing and many if not most African countries probably already exist only on paper... There are big demographic changes happening too Hausa and Fulani might come to form a near majority of all West Africa, etc

Nin123

Somali supremacist
VIP
Ngl the situation looks bleak & I feel that with the more & more clan enclaves vying for independence, that Somali unity is drifting further away with each passing day.

It’s in my opinion that Somalia should focus on its own internal affairs until it becomes a developed nation and during that time, should develop close friendships & allies with more powerful nations, to win their support.

Only then should Somaliweyn happen, the nation must first ensure its own long term stability & prosperity so we actually have leverage this time around. We should bide our time, it’s not like Ethiopia & Kenya are going to become like South Korea anytime soon.
In 100 or 200 years maybe

These are dreams. Unless Somalia wakes up as a regional power, it ain’t happening. Half the regions in Somalia borders don’t even recognize the government having legitimacy over them. And Somali region in Ethiopia is probably better off without Somalia.

I honestly believe it is possible, but certain requirements must be met for that to happen. A stable and reliable government that ensures the security and territorial integrity of the nation. One that unites the people under a common rule. One that brings prosperity into the country, and helps the people, and one that is consistent. Wallahi if this is achieved, everything else will fall into place I believe.

There are those out there who benefit from our destruction, both foreign and domestic. In order to want change, you yourself must advocate for change.

At this moment with this current politicians in Mogadishu who are stelaing and looting and feeding off the ignorance and retardation of the people on qabil there is no hope. Somalia has a severe problem of human capital. There is very little education and we lost 34 years. 2 Generations of people lost without education due to the country's collapse. So we have zero human capital and very little people who are educated.

its very much possible, its just not in the interest of the current leaders of somalia for such a thing to be achieved

Trending