Is the unification of Somaliweyn still possible?

Is Somaliweyn still possible?

• Not in our lifetime, but it is possible in the far future

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Somaliweyn is dead

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Somaliweyn is still very much possible within our lifetime

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • The Somali people are simply far too divided, just give up

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Results

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
The division and hatred among Somalis is so deep that unification of Somalia proper is far far far fetched right now, and you're talking about Somaliwayn.
I would love nothing more, but it's almost impossible. It'll require some miracle, maybe a direct divine intervention.

The division and hatred among Somalis is so deep that unification of Somalia proper is far far far fetched right now, and you're talking about Somaliwayn.
I would love nothing more, but it's almost impossible. It'll require some miracle, maybe a direct divine intervention.
I am hopeful there will be a sudden revolutionary change

The time for such a change is very close

I mean what other choice do we have but to have hope.
The clan hostilities and mistrust is so deep that even clans with a single major clan hate each other and fight each other.
It sucks.
I don't really believe that Somalis actually 'hate' each other like that or at least not in the way that some people describe here.

This is an issue of politics and some grievances and stuff

I don't really believe that Somalis actually 'hate' each other like that or at least not in the way that some people describe here.

This is an issue of politics and some grievances and stuff
We do hate each other. We despise each other.
We literally kill each other everyday, how can you say we don't hate each other?

We do hate each other. We despise each other.
We literally kill each other everyday, how can you say we don't hate each other?
Who is 'we'. Most Somalis have never taken part in the conflict. The conflict involved various militias and before the Siad Barre collapsed rebel movements.

The conflicts that exist are to do with who controls the country and its resources.

How do Somalis get on well outside of this politics abroad if they all 'hate' each other??

Who is 'we'. Most Somalis have never taken part in the conflict. The conflict involved various militias and before the Siad Barre collapsed rebel movements.

The conflicts that exist are to do with who controls the country and its resources.

How do Somalis get on well outside of this politics abroad if they all 'hate' each other??
Most somalis didn't take part in these conflicts, you're absolutely right about that but most Somalis do support these conflicts. They are the ones buy the arms and ammunitions to engage in these wars. 90% of Somalis practice qabyaalad. 90% of Somalis support and praise their world adeers.
You don't need to actively partake in clan conflicts to be hateful, if you support murder and displacement of your own people, are you any better?
Just take a look at the FKD section, none of those dudes ever took part in clan wars, but that doesn't stop them from spewing so much hatred and dehuminizing each other does it? I think you're underestimating how much we hate each other.

Ngl the situation looks bleak & I feel that with the more & more clan enclaves vying for independence, that Somali unity is drifting further away with each passing day.

It’s in my opinion that Somalia should focus on its own internal affairs until it becomes a developed nation and during that time, should develop close friendships & allies with more powerful nations, to win their support.

Only then should Somaliweyn happen, the nation must first ensure its own long term stability & prosperity so we actually have leverage this time around. We should bide our time, it’s not like Ethiopia & Kenya are going to become like South Korea anytime soon.
Somalis will not unite until I become president. Just wait until 2045 and you will see that I will be the Muawiyah of Somalia

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi. Sub-Saharans are cursed
Somalis don’t get along in the diaspora. Every clan and subclan are xenophobic to other Somalis whether an Ciise to a Hawiye. Somalis use qabiil to fight over control of masaajid in Western nations.

Somali culture is rotten to it’s core. The problem that Somalis face is that their culture is incompatible with the modern era. They are a medieval people forced into the 20th & 21st century.

Somalis don’t get along in the diaspora. Every clan and subclan are xenophobic to other Somalis whether an Ciise to a Hawiye. Somalis use qabiil to fight over control of masaajid in Western nations.

Somali culture is rotten to it’s core. The problem that Somalis face is that their culture is incompatible with the modern era. They are a medieval people forced into the 20th & 21st century.
Qabiil will die and is dying in the diaspora. There will only grouped as Somali or even just Muslim

I honestly believe it is possible, but certain requirements must be met for that to happen. A stable and reliable government that ensures the security and territorial integrity of the nation. One that unites the people under a common rule. One that brings prosperity into the country, and helps the people, and one that is consistent. Wallahi if this is achieved, everything else will fall into place I believe.

There are those out there who benefit from our destruction, both foreign and domestic. In order to want change, you yourself must advocate for change.
I agree

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi. Sub-Saharans are cursed
Qabiil will die and is dying in the diaspora. There will only grouped as Somali or even just Muslim
Qabiil will only die in the diaspora because the Somali identity will also die as the Somali parents who arrived in the 80s/90s get older.Majority of the Somali youth in the West don’t speak a lick of Somali.

In the West you will end up with a population that identifies partly as Somali but also with their nationality and the Islamic religion. Majority of the Somali youth who are married and have kids don’t speak Somali to their children (including myself) and decent percentage have also mixed with other Muslims & even gaals.

Qabiil in the Somali-inhabited parts of the Horn will never die. Whether HA vs HY, HG vs Abgaal, Mx vs OG, HJ vs Dhulos, MJs vs HG etc. Ethnic Somalis have a deeply despise one & another and tbh it’s getting worse from what I seen. People are cutting off family members for being from another clan.

How can you unite with a group that has no dignity, accepts foreign occupation and is ruled by mooryans and bantus??

Who wants to be associated with shameful people like that.

Trending

Latest posts