Is the movie dune based on islam

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Watching the trailer I could see why you would say that, it did kind of have similarities to the cartoon the last prophet.

I want to see it just for Jason Mamoa.:stressed:

Watching the trailer I could see why you would say that, it did kind of have similarities to the cartoon the last prophet.

I want to see it just for Jason Mamoa.:stressed:
What did you see in the cartoon movie about the prophet Mohammed???
(that's haram if you didn't knew)

I thought you girls were into Timothee these days?

GemState

36/21
VIP
Apparently the book the movie is based on is heavily influenced by Middle Eastern cultures

It's a great film, I enjoyed it. Preferred it to the new 007 film that came out

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
What did you see in the cartoon movie about the prophet Mohammed???
(that's haram if you didn't knew)

I thought you girls were into Timothee these days?
Whaaaaat? What was haram about it? If it was haram I would think they would raise hell and start beheading the creators :ohreally:

And no he looks like a girl:nahgirl:

World

VIP
Great movie and it has Middle Eastern/Islamic influence. Even using words like mahdi, jihad etc. But it’s not based on Islam.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Great movie and it has Middle Eastern/Islamic influence. Even using words like mahdi, jihad etc. But it’s not based on Islam.

Yeah but calling the guy Lihsan Al Ghaib (Voice of the Unseen) but in the movie they translated it as Voice from Other World

Felt iffy to me

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Apparently the book the movie is based on is heavily influenced by Middle Eastern cultures

It's a great film, I enjoyed it. Preferred it to the new 007 film that came out

Pretty much. Even the Emperor of the Imperium is called the Padishah Emperor. It's heavily influenced by Middle Eastern cultures. They even call the messiah figure that the main character is supposed to be the "Mahdi" at one point. But there are other elements in there too. The main character's family are basically Greek and supposedly descended from the ancient house of Atreus and are supposed descendants of King Agamemnon of the Mycenaean era. Just a lot of Mediterranean-MENA stuff jumbled up but I wouldn't say there is at all an actual Islam equivalent in the story, @Never Broke Again.

Pretty much. Even the Emperor of the Imperium is called the Padishah Emperor. It's heavily influenced by Middle Eastern cultures. They even call the messiah figure that the main character is supposed to be the "Mahdi" at one point. But there are other elements in there too. The main character's family are basically Greek and supposedly descended from the ancient house of Atreus and are supposed descendants of King Agamemnon of the Mycenaean era. Just a lot of Mediterranean-MENA stuff jumbled up but I wouldn't say there is at all an actual Islam equivalent in the story, @Never Broke Again.
you liked the movie?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
you liked the movie?

Yeah, it was decent. Bit slow paced without much real action spectacle and the characters are a bit dry but the world building, score and overall look are on-point and you can't argue with the cast.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Read the books when I was a kid. The story is set around 30k years in the future, with mankind spread around the universe.

The Fremen, the people of the desert planet of Arrakis, originated from Egypt, and have a mixed belief system of Islam and Buddhism, and were called the Zensunni.

Frank Herbert, the author of the Dune books, must've been on some quality gear, to have thought that Islam and Buddhism are compatible enough for people to mix the two together.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

They trashed it bad though, calling that scrawny cadaan kid the Mahdi, the whole spitting on the floor as a form of greeting, the whole thing was embarrassing :mjkkk:

World

VIP
They trashed it bad though, calling that scrawny cadaan kid the Mahdi, the whole spitting on the floor as a form of greeting, the whole thing was embarrassing :mjkkk:
Why? That’s just the source material from the book.

Trending