Is the Federal government wasting the Ministry of education budget?

It's become obvious that Mogadishu recieves the most money in terms of the FGS education budget, but their students are repeatedly scoring the lowest amongst all regions. This was proven during last year when they tried to steal the test and spread it in Bakaraha which prompted the ministry to postpone the test and make a new one.This year they had nearly 8,000 students fail to pass the exams and performed poorly overall.

I believe the Federal government should partition the budget in terms of schools that are excelling and those that aren't. Since this will give an incentive for students to compete for better scores on exams so their region is allocated a higher portion. It will also reward those with more proven capabilities and thus fast-track the nations development.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Not satisfied with the entire country's scholarships, you want all of the education funds as well. Yaa ilaahi yaqaano. MX hunguri is boundless.
:dead:

Not satisfied with the entire country's scholarships, you want all of the education funds as well. Yaa ilaahi yaqaano. MX hunguri is boundless.
:dead:
If mx got the best marks will they be denied scholarships based on qabil? Should we divide the scholarships by 4.5? :kodaksmiley:What about the ogaden in afmadow? You guys are not even supporting jubbaland excellence but instead siding with the hotos from banadir. :pacspit:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
These statistics don't tell me much it is giving total of students and using simple substraction on failure rate over the total of students in each region. I want to know how many failed per 100 or 1000 students, this way I can gouge why my 100 students pass with 2 fails, while your 100 students have a failure rate of 20.

The difference is the percentage growth. Do Somalis even have a grasp of basic maths? maybe not 'ghetto' but u r not welcome in PL, this is heart-land of education excellence, u would bring down our education standard and quality.

@DR OSMAN stop the insults. Jubaland came top and got the highest. Afmadow and doobley have done waaaay better than banadir despite xamar area spending was more money.

show me the Puntland results for each degmo by degmo and let’s have a good old debate you and me and ignore the hotos in the Center of the country since they spend too much time on tiktok

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN stop the insults. Jubaland came top and got the highest. Afmadow and doobley have done waaaay better than banadir despite xamar area spending was more money.

show me the Puntland results for each degmo by degmo and let’s have a good old debate you and me and ignore the hotos in the Center of the country since they spend too much time on tiktok

Wallahi I am confused if this was a corrupt process or not. I am un-decided. I don't believe it is because the governor of banadir accepted it. Plus Goodax Barre said the students are not identified by any schools or regions and given to independent assessor for grading which is a good system if true, imagine getting a bunch of papers where the only thing identified is the 'name, surname' and some 'color code' given to each school so it's put back in the right pile.

Definitely workable if it's true, I haven't seen these independent assessors, who they are, what standard they use to mark the students. But if this is true and I think it is deep down, this can only mean benadir students probably rely on black-market tests sold, buy it, then spend time on tiktok and doing niiko and all that sort of shit and then probably come un-prepared for the test as they spent a couple nights doing the black market version.

The sad thing Somalis need to realize is, education isn't an area you can 'masuqmasuq' that easily, even if u granted your tribe the best scores, what can happen is they go to university and start failing, so you do not get a return on any investment by passing students because of tribe and the nation remains in the brain-drain continuously with foreigners coming in who end up taking the skilled work because they have the knowledge and expertise.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's become obvious that Mogadishu recieves the most money in terms of the FGS education budget, but their students are repeatedly scoring the lowest amongst all regions. This was proven during last year when they tried to steal the test and spread it in Bakaraha which prompted the ministry to postpone the test and make a new one.This year they had nearly 8,000 students fail to pass the exams and performed poorly overall.

I believe the Federal government should partition the budget in terms of schools that are excelling and those that aren't. Since this will give an incentive for students to compete for better scores on exams so their region is allocated a higher portion. It will also reward those with more proven capabilities and thus fast-track the nations development.

I also want this sort of system in PL for 'development'. I want each region in PL, each year to prove how many projects were completed, what outcome has been reached, and the states with the least 'masuqmasuq' get rewarded with further projectwhile the ones with more corruption are sidelined and prioritized lower.

We need to come up with a corruption proof development aid system so people do not cry 'development is being geared towards certain clans' there will eventually be no incentive for regions to allow corruption to occur in development if they realize there is data being collected and reported to an auditor who is independent of the government and gives the govt advice where corruption is lowest or highest in PL.

An example is, if Mudug created 10 schools, 20 water wells, 5 hospitals and another state has a lower figure, then we use a ranking system to give Mudug more development aid quota then the other region who has failed to demonstrate they are providing a return on the development investment, no more cryin 'qabyalad' we are using raw data and statistics now to demonstrate Mudug is a better investment then somewhere like Sool. This will create an eventual race among the regions to crack down on corruption or else they end up losing development aid.

I also want a development program that says 'the first 20%' of investment must come from the community itself and after such time the govt will contribute it's percentage, aid donors will contribute their percentage so now the community itself has a stake and can lead to them ensuring corruption is stopped.

@DR OSMAN

I landed in xamar once and the lady who works int he airport forced me to pay a bribe, i had my 13 year old sister and my 11 year old brother to visit an uncle, i was so worried of them arresting me and doing God forbid harm to my siblings i paid the by throw 40 odd dollars to her and the dozens of kids with airport worker ID who picked up bags for travellers, some as young as 7 years of age and all the hotos chase for the money then i slipped away to my cousin waiting outside with a taxi

anyways, in Kismayo no one asks you for bribe, the Ogaden administration are made of Ogaden from Waamo Ogaden and Ogaden NFD, who speak English

the only think the Ogadens do to avoid potential terrorist is all young men with foreign passports who are alone are interviewed and a admin is needed and an application is filled up,

The Ogadens deal with you in a professional organised manner, they need damiin since hassan shekh used to fund groups to go to ksimayop to cause trouble

the Ogaden are very organised, honest, the army does no ask for bribe, I saw so many spaaro in xamar, yet zero in kismayo,

the hawiye is very dis organised and chaotic and very corrupt, they are like Bantu African nations, these people came to civilisation in 1960, they did not have the old kingdom mamuls or xeer or a system of ancient governance, they are also very individualistic, the average hawiye does not care for his clans men or his land, the average darood cares about it, he i connected to his land, people way better community oriented but the hawiye is like the bantu afruican, careless of how he harms his people,

the entire hawiye race saw somalinimo and governance in 1960 and came out of the wild country then, they have not contributed to their tribes or lands in anyway,

sometimes i do wonder what hawiye was doing before 1960? where was he since he did not fight for his own lands or other somali lands against the gallo invaders?

a very corrupt race these hawiye are, they lack community oriented mindset,

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN

I landed in xamar once and the lady who works int he airport forced me to pay a bribe, i had my 13 year old sister and my 11 year old brother to visit an uncle, i was so worried of them arresting me and doing God forbid harm to my siblings i paid the b**** by throw 40 odd dollars to her and the dozens of kids with airport worker ID who picked up bags for travellers, some as young as 7 years of age and all the hotos chase for the money then i slipped away to my cousin waiting outside with a taxi

anyways, in Kismayo no one asks you for bribe, the Ogaden administration are made of Ogaden from Waamo Ogaden and Ogaden NFD, who speak English

the only think the Ogadens do to avoid potential terrorist is all young men with foreign passports who are alone are interviewed and a admin is needed and an application is filled up,

The Ogadens deal with you in a professional organised manner, they need damiin since hassan shekh used to fund groups to go to ksimayop to cause trouble

the Ogaden are very organised, honest, the army does no ask for bribe, I saw so many spaaro in xamar, yet zero in kismayo,

the hawiye is very dis organised and chaotic and very corrupt, they are like Bantu African nations, these people came to civilisation in 1960, they did not have the old kingdom mamuls or xeer or a system of ancient governance, they are also very individualistic, the average hawiye does not care for his clans men or his land, the average darood cares about it, he i connected to his land, people way better community oriented but the hawiye is like the bantu afruican, careless of how he harms his people,

the entire hawiye race saw somalinimo and governance in 1960 and came out of the wild country then, they have not contributed to their tribes or lands in anyway,

sometimes i do wonder what hawiye was doing before 1960? where was he since he did not fight for his own lands or other somali lands against the gallo invaders?

a very corrupt race these hawiye are, they lack community oriented mindset,

Imagine Ali Mahdi back in the 90s when Abgaal is probably 40% of Mogadishu population, wouldn't u think, hang on, a war in my homeland will only result in my locals suffering, u wud think he would force all somalis to 'behave' themselves in mogadishu but he didn't, he actually participated in the destruction of his own city, then he brings the italian mafia and says destroy my sea also and dump toxic waste.

Hawiye remind me of a clan that persecutes itself and then boasts about it, wallahi it's shocking shit. I know if ali saleban-dashishe-osman mahmoud started arming up in Bosaso, cutting green lines, destroying the city like what happened in hamar, we would all call for a 'badbaado conference' to 'save puntland', no-one wud sit there and discuss who is right or wrong, but the fundamental fact that your destroying your own backyard doesn't make any logical sense to participate in such a war even if you are wronged and can prove it, most mjs will tanasul for the sake of saving what we have. We attack each other verbally in PL but it doesn't get to the point of guns and shit or cuqdad for 30 years. That's the other thing I noticed about hawiye, they are very cuqdad driven, they cant seem to move past a conflict, where-as conflict was so regular in PL history, we know when to fight and we know when to move on, maybe it's due to having a government in the past, this shit is new to hawiye i think and they dont seem to be adjusting.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Teeri-Alpha I was speaking to this Ghanian dude and he said Ghana is investing in automation technology at their ports and airports which has reduced the need for humans, he said the revenues have went up 10 folds for the government and it wasn't even a large investment. He is talking about those scanners u have at airports where u do not interact with a human but the machine, if we do this at Kismayo-Bosaso-Garowe airports, it will be quick, reliable, accurate system and it eliminates any corruption happening so govt revenue goes to govt and not some habar hawiye as u encountered. He said the workers got so angry they were laid off for the technology, some even tried to attack the machines(let's not forget it's africa) because haranti ay barteen ba dhamatay.

He looked at me and said in his thick west african accent 'young man africa needs u, we need technology, it's the answer to africa's corruption problem because it has no human involvement'. I thought that was brilliant idea, even though puntland is going 'high tech' for it's military, it's tiime we also look at other areas of region where we can roll out tech and avoid humans at all cost because they cannot be trusted. We should use cargo scanners at our port, we don't need that large supply of human labor, we must always look at ways to automate as much as possible in africa and bring it to the digital age.

They already use phones for transaction which is good, now we can roll out software at transaction places to register people with tax file numbers, this will mean when-ever he is making a purchase, their will be an automatic tax by the software, if it's a sales item, 10%, if it's income then 30% u get the drift.

Trending