Is Somalia/land left-hand or right-hand drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
1. Is Somalia/land left-hand or right-hand drive?
2. Are both LHD and RHD cars imported?

All the cars I saw were RHD.

There are conflicting maps, but it seems most of the world is RHD.

Left-hand-and-right-hand-drive-conversion.gif

Last edited:

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
All the cars I saw were RHD.

Left-hand-and-right-hand-drive-conversion.gif
Ok so they drive right-hand drive on the right side? Do they import left-hand drive? If no, why not?
Somaliland’s links with the better-known Somalia are through language and religion, but the culture is different. Somalilanders are trying to balance maintaining their unique identity with borrowing a few things from their southern brothers. For example, while all vehicles are right hand drives, they still drive on the right side of the road like in the south — unusual anywhere in the world. Countries that drive on the left typically have right-hand drive cars, and vice versa.

Ok so they drive right-hand drive on the right side? Do they import left-hand drive? If no, why not?

Yes.

There is no difference in safety so why would they import LHD? RHD is more common and I believe most consumers would prefer it to LHD considering the trend.

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
Yes.

There is no difference in safety so why would they import LHD? RHD is more common and I believe most consumers would prefer it to LHD considering the trend.
It's very dangerous because imagine you tell a person "ka bax, right now" and he steps out in the middle of the road? I think it's very odd.

It's very dangerous because imagine you tell a person "ka bax, right now" and he steps out in the middle of the road? I think it's very odd.

Nobody would do that in the middle of the road lol. It's an obvious safety hazard unless there is a red light. I think most would pull over before they exit the vehicle.

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
Nobody would do that in the middle of the road lol. It's an obvious safety hazard unless there is a red light. I think most would pull over before they exit the vehicle.
Alright I drew this. This is an example of a RHD on the right side of the road. Even if you pull over, they will still be in the middle of the road, it's a very dangerous safety hazard. So what I am wondering is why they prefer RHD?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alright I drew this. This is an example of a RHD on the right side of the road. Even if you pull over, they will still be in the middle of the road, it's a very dangerous safety hazard. So what I am wondering is why they prefer RHD?
View attachment 22192

I'll assume your car is right behind the car that is pulling over. There's nothing dangerous about it unless the car behind yours tries to advance and heads into ongoing traffic on the left lane.

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll assume your car is right behind the car that is pulling over. There's nothing dangerous about it unless the car behind yours tries to advance and heads into ongoing traffic on the left lane.
No my car is right there I just drew it.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
I remember my uncle driving on the right side on the streets galkacyo. I knew it was right without even looking at the map:trumpsmirk::westbrookswag:

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
1. Is Somalia/land left-hand or right-hand drive?
2. Are both LHD and RHD cars imported?
1.Dont know about somalia but we drive right-hand.
2. Yes both are imported. but theres proposed regulation on importing commercial vehicles that open to the road side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts