Is Somalia a Salafi country?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I have never met a somali ashari.
For the most part, Shaffis and Malikis as Ashari. Somalis are Shaffi. Nuff said. They don’t know it but they follow it. Average Somali ain’t got a clue what an athari or ashari is though.

I have never met a somali ashari.
Most people are nothing they just follow there local imam but the default postion of somalis is being ashari. I have studied both maturdi and ashari. hanifis are mainly maturdi and shafis are mainly ashari while hambalis are mainly salafi. Us somalis aren't hanbalis and it's a new thing with in our communities to even be salafi its only been the last 30 years that any salafis have even been around and they only began to exist because of Saudi funding.

Most people are nothing they just follow there local imam but the default postion of somalis is being ashari. I have studied both maturdi and ashari. hanifis are mainly maturdi and shafis are mainly ashari while hambalis are mainly salafi. Us somalis aren't hanbalis and it's a new thing with in our communities to even be salafi its only been the last 30 years that any salafis have even been around and they only began to exist because of Saudi funding.
That’s really interesting to know, I think what shaped my thought is most of the majority Somali places I visited in Kenya and Ethiopia follow their masjid, which is taught by people who returned from Saudi Arabia and they are all salafis.

That’s really interesting to know, I think what shaped my thought is most of the majority Somali places I visited in Kenya and Ethiopia follow their masjid, which is taught by people who returned from Saudi Arabia and they are all salafis.
Exactly but if you ask the average guy that goes there they will say there shaffi or don't know 😂
And like you said those guy came due to Saudi funding to change the demographics to salafi

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Exactly but if you ask the average guy that goes there they will say there shaffi or don't know 😂
And like you said those guy came due to Saudi funding to change the demographics to salafi
Inshallah we'll create our own jaamaads and counter that stuff. I think as Somalia stabilizes, they'll become less popular.

Trending