Is it possible to stage a Coup in Somalia?

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
Not without spilling a lot of blood, and with our past, is that a route you're willing to take?

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
You can and I would like to do this and actually fix the ***** country but you will have to trade something BIG.

That is your life in the west, job and safety; Your blissfull and free existence as you will be in turmoil and have a shitty life trying to actually fix Somalia.

One one hand you have your own Somalis planning to kill you and on the other CIA/international powers that want to keep Somalia as it is plotting for your assassination.

That is why I wont bother but watch from afar

You can and I would like to do this and actually fix the ***** country but you will have to trade something BIG.

That is your life in the west, job and safety; Your blissfull and free existence as you will be in turmoil and have a shitty life trying to actually fix Somalia.

One one hand you have your own Somalis planning to kill you and on the other CIA/international powers that want to keep Somalia as it is plotting for your assassination.

That is why I wont bother but watch from afar

You can just relocate the capital and you're a lot safer than in Mogadishu

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
Can you explain why not without splitting a lot of blood?
Just look at what's happening to AS, you either go through the right channels to open dialogue with the government, which probably wouldn't go anywhere or you take up arms. Once you commit to the latter, blood would definitely be spilt. Not to mention qabiil finding its way through to the conflict.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
No point in bothering even if they're successful it's 100% certain that there'll be opposition and that opposition will kill the leader eventually

Only real clean way to do so is if youre part of the military and are in a high ranking position. Even then you may not have any real legitimacy if no one recognizes your government and dont have the backing of most of the population.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Coup would give civil war flashbacks to Somalis. We can't risk going back to that chaotic period. Let's just build on what we have and if not let's go our separate ways.

Coup would give civil war flashbacks to Somalis. We can't risk going back to that chaotic period. Let's just build on what we have and if not let's go our separate ways.

Every country went through hell, Somalis are no different. Russia, china, south Korea and many other countries had brutal civil wars and they still managed to coup successfully without another war breaking out

Every country went through hell, Somalis are no different. Russia, china, south Korea and many other countries had brutal civil wars and they still managed to coup successfully without another war breaking out
Things change when the people have had enough The sad truth is I don't think we hit rock bottom yet.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You can, but not in an afternoon. You actually need weapons and people willing to fight for you. At least in the thousands. After that you also need recognition.

It would be very hard for us, but probably a lot easier for a general who controls men or someone already in a high position.

It’s impossible for someone with no power to just overthrow a government like that, even if it’s the somali government.

No point, it will just create confusion at this point. You have to wait until this government has some legitimacy

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
You stage a coup in a country where there’s one President not one with 8 Presidents, fragmented independent regional government and where the one in the capital is protected by 22k foreign armies.

You stage a coup in a country where there’s one President not one with 8 Presidents, fragmented independent regional government and where the one in the capital is protected by 2k foreign armies.
Exactly, if you stage a coup in somalia all you’ll do is steal farmajo’s sweat stained mattress.

Then you’ll spend your nights hearing Ugandans talking ooga booga outside your bedroom and the occasional bomb hitting villa somalia’s Perimeter. :deadosama:

Trending