Is it possible to be a nationalist/patriot and marry someone from a different country than yours?

Is it possible to be a nationalist/patriot and marry someone from a different country than yours?

• Yes; marrying an ajnabi doesn't mean you should love your ethnic country more or less

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • No; loving your ethnic country goes hand in hand with loving and marrying within it

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • I don't know / topic is a grey area and not a yes or no

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that people shouldn't or can't intermarry between different countries, but if you're supposedly so pro-(your country), why would you marry someone from another one? Loving a man/woman from your own country should be part and parcel with loving your country, because demographics are essentially what makes a country a country, no? You can obviously still love your country if you choose to marry someone from a different country, but should you still hold mild nationalist or chauvinistic views whilst marrying a foreigner, and to some extent, raising foreign kids?
I'm asking this cause of the tweet posted below, where this girl's Somali mum hates her Ethiopian husbands country and expresses clear disdain against it. Maybe it's a joke but knowing Somalis the mum is probably serious. Just a topic for potential discussion so no hate please if you choose to reply, and treat instances as hypothetical.

(I didn't search around so idk if this topic or tweet has been mentioned before, so link if it has)

I'm not saying that people shouldn't or can't intermarry between different countries, but if you're supposedly so pro-(your country), why would you marry someone from another one? Loving a man/woman from your own country should be part and parcel with loving your country, because demographics are essentially what makes a country a country, no? You can obviously still love your country if you choose to marry someone from a different country, but should you still hold mild nationalist or chauvinistic views whilst marrying a foreigner, and to some extent, raising foreign kids?
I'm asking this cause of the tweet posted below, where this girl's Somali mum hates her Ethiopian husbands country and expresses clear disdain against it. Maybe it's a joke but knowing Somalis the mum is probably serious. Just a topic for potential discussion so no hate please if you choose to reply, and treat instances as hypothetical.

(I didn't search around so idk if this topic or tweet has been mentioned before, so link if it has)

Her mum is confused. How you gonna let someone sleep with you but hate their people so much.
:what1:

In my opinion, marrying someone from your country backs up your claim of being a nationalist more so than marrying an ajnab.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Yes it is. You can love yourself and be proud of it while being with someone who's not from it. Nationalism is not xenophobia.

Yes it is. You can love yourself and be proud of it while being with someone who's not from it. Nationalism is not xenophobia.

Didn't say it was, so don't drop xenophobia when it has no place in the discussion I'm trying to have.

' Nationalist
:. a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations. '

I think the definition of a nationalist proves my question is still valid,

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
It’s not possible for a woman to be a nationalist. It goes against their biology.
I’m the most nationalistic person in the history of, like nationalism.
upload_2019-3-15_13-23-45.jpeg

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
First off, nationalism is not the same as patriotism; nationalism almost always goes hand-in-hand with xenophobia, however patriotism does not. Just because you love your country doesn't mean you can't marry someone outside of it. However, remember that white nationalists always go for Asian chicks because they feel like Asian women can be more easily "dominated"--so if you truly love and respect your husband/wife, you won't care enough to be xenophobic.

Last edited:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Didn't say it was, so don't drop xenophobia when it has no place in the discussion I'm trying to have.

' Nationalist :. a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations. '

upload_2019-3-15_14-33-0.png

:wow1::wow1::wow1::wow1:

hmmmmmmm , guess I used my own argument against myself lol. But nationalism can be a spectrum and some (or most) nationalists don't wish for the death of other countries. You could even argue that most countries (whether they like to admit or not) believe in putting their own country above other nations, and theres nothing inherently racist or facist about that.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP

' Nationalist
:. a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations. '

I'm right.
Just because you're nationalist, it doesn't mean you're a xenophobe.
I'm not an ethnonationalist. So i would date every girl that i find attractive.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
hmmmmmmm , guess I used my own argument against myself lol. But nationalism can be a spectrum and some (or most) nationalists don't wish for the death of other countries. You could even argue that most countries (whether they like to admit or not) believe in putting their own country above other nations, and theres nothing inherently racist or facist about that.

:mybusiness:
upload_2019-3-15_15-6-6.png

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
her dad is oromo its not really the same as marrying xabashi its like hating turkey and marrying a kurdish

True, many half Oromo and half-Somali households are very pro-Somali in nature. I knew one half-Oromo girl who told me that she hated acknowledging her Ethiopian side and there was nothing she wished more than to be fully Somali. Also, I knew that girl for like whole two years and had no idea that she was only half Somali.

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
No, how can you be for your people and be with a women/man that’s not? Raising foreign children that don’t look like the people your for????

Especially if your Somali, unlike other cultures that don’t actually have a clan system we’re they trace there lineage back to prove who is actually of there people or not, Somalis do.F960E05C-6C06-423F-B55C-704D86831A35.png

True, many half Oromo and half-Somali households are very pro-Somali in nature. I knew one half-Oromo girl who told me that she hated acknowledging her Ethiopian side and there was nothing she wished more than to be fully Somali. Also, I knew that girl for like whole two years and had no idea that she was only half Somali.

... meanwhile, currently in an alternate universe. (they look somali but not fully sure)
Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 19.10.00.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts