Is it possible to be a nationalist/patriot and marry someone from a different country than yours?

Is it possible to be a nationalist/patriot and marry someone from a different country than yours?

• Yes; marrying an ajnabi doesn't mean you should love your ethnic country more or less

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • No; loving your ethnic country goes hand in hand with loving and marrying within it

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • I don't know / topic is a grey area and not a yes or no

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
In that case all women should leave Somalia and let you all be khaniises seeing as you hate to see a woman love her country
During World War 2, French woman during the occupation used to sleep with Nazi soldiers and officers. The same people who butchered their fathers, brothers, uncles.

It’s very rare for a woman to be a nationalist, nearly impossible.

During World War 2, French woman during the occupation used to sleep with Nazi soldiers and officers. The same people who butchered their fathers, brothers, uncles.

It’s very rare for a woman to be a nationalist, nearly impossible.

As dumb as your point is, it explains why Somalia's been in turmoil for decades. If there are men in power who believe, like you, that a woman cannot love her country and put its own interests first, then there is no wonder the male dominated govt has been unsuccessful. After all, there is a direct correlation between the amount of women in government positions and the general affluence and prosperity of a nation. :mybusiness:

To be a Somali national is to have a Qabil.
As for women that is impossible if they marry ajanabi.
As for Somali Men their kids will always be Somali.

Women: if they marry a foreigner their kids become automatically a foreigner. Lineage is passed through the father.

Man: if they marry outside, their kids will probably never learn culture, language and values of the somalis and you have a kids which are somalis only by name.

Exception: if a man marries a woman who lives in Somalia, is muslim, knows the culture and the language very well i.e. is assimilated, then there is no problem you could easily be a wadani. I have an uncle who did this. His wife is a harari woman, i always thought she is somali.

To be a Somali national is to have a Qabil.
As for women that is impossible if they marry ajanabi.
As for Somali Men their kids will always be Somali.

Please tell me what good Qabil has done Somalia in modern times. One single thing that has pushed it in the direction of prosperity and peace. There is something seriously wrong with a country and its people if an individual's lineage is of upmost importance and put at the forefront in all situations. A normal person assesses the usefulness of something and abandons it if it proves to be useless or even disastrous, whilst Somalis have the negative effects of Qabil all around them and still hold value to it

I will never understand the somali obsession with lineage, given the lack of benefits it provides today.

Please tell me what good Qabil has done Somalia in modern times. One single thing that has pushed it in the direction of prosperity and peace. There is something seriously wrong with a country and its people if an individual's lineage is of upmost importance and put at the forefront in all situations. A normal person assess the usefulness of something and abandons it if it proves to be useless or even disastrous, whilst Somalis have the negative effects of Qabil all around them and still hold value to it

I will never understand the somali obsession with lineage, given the lack of benefits it provides today.
It says in the Quran. Call them by their Fathers.
Qabil isn't a bad thing. Its something to be proud of.
Qabilism is bad.

You cant abandon your lineage or you will become a bastard

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
Please tell me what good Qabil has done Somalia in modern times. One single thing that has pushed it in the direction of prosperity and peace. There is something seriously wrong with a country and its people if an individual's lineage is of upmost importance and put at the forefront in all situations. A normal person assesses the usefulness of something and abandons it if it proves to be useless or even disastrous, whilst Somalis have the negative effects of Qabil all around them and still hold value to it

Qabil is important to establish who is Somali or not, the reason why somalia is in the state that it’s in today is sellouts that are considered leaders and European intervention people get agitated, frustrated and eventually turn on each other, plus your supposed to call a man by his fathers name as it states in the Quran.

Not following that then all you will get is confusion and fighting because people don’t know who is who.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't or can't intermarry between different countries, but if you're supposedly so pro-(your country), why would you marry someone from another one? Loving a man/woman from your own country should be part and parcel with loving your country, because demographics are essentially what makes a country a country, no? You can obviously still love your country if you choose to marry someone from a different country, but should you still hold mild nationalist or chauvinistic views whilst marrying a foreigner, and to some extent, raising foreign kids?
I'm asking this cause of the tweet posted below, where this girl's Somali mum hates her Ethiopian husbands country and expresses clear disdain against it. Maybe it's a joke but knowing Somalis the mum is probably serious. Just a topic for potential discussion so no hate please if you choose to reply, and treat instances as hypothetical.

(I didn't search around so idk if this topic or tweet has been mentioned before, so link if it has)

What a woman! Her marriage to the Ethiopian husband did not deminish her pride in being Somali. He must have asked this knowing her reaction and for fun I think.

Marriage is predestined. And Ethiopians aren't that different from us as long as they are Muslims. They are the closest to us in Africa. For Somali males, it is not a big deal to marry into another ethnicity. For females, marrying a nonsomali creates challenges to her connection to her ethnicity. She will be the only Somali in the relationship and her kids will never be considered somalis. Moms don't count for Somali ethnicity. Patriachy in blood and matriarchy in family management is the Somali system.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter

That’s because you don’t understand the male mindset. We are as much our ancestors as we are ourselves. Women don’t care about their forebears which is why women don’t care about nationalism generally. You see this in cadaans too, them going on about their forebears, larping as Vikings every weekend or whatever but you don’t see the same obsession in women. I bet they wish they could trace their actual lineage and not some weak version through ancestry.com

The Rasool and his people did the same so there’s a religious aspect to it as well. It’s interesting as well that DNA confirms the existence of a lineage that is male specific and exclusively male inherited.

Tukraq

VIP
I wanna decrease our average forehead size so my answer is yes :wow1:
Most people have big foreheads, it’s how they grow out their hair and style it
fringehaircollection-24.jpg

korean-asian-men-blunt-fringe.jpg

These guys have big foreheads but know how to conceal it unlike many abdis:bell:
Geeljires can do it too though
D0bXcXTU0AATnWF.jpg

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
That’s because you don’t understand the male mindset. We are as much our ancestors as we are ourselves. Women don’t care about their forebears which is why women don’t care about nationalism generally. You see this in cadaans too, them going on about their forebears, larping as Vikings every weekend or whatever but you don’t see the same obsession in women. I bet they wish they could trace their actual lineage and not some weak version through ancestry.com

The Rasool and his people did the same so there’s a religious aspect to it as well. It’s interesting as well that DNA confirms the existence of a lineage that is male specific and exclusively male inherited.

Great point. Women in general dont care about their ancestors and dont attach much significance to lineage and nation

Status
Not open for further replies.