Is it only me, or is Somaliland starting to resemble North Korea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe

First that woman who was jailed for 3 years for making pro unity poems, and now this? Did they get rid of Siad Barre because of his oppressive regime, or because they wanted a crack at it themselves? :shookgabre:

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Democracies are not always pretty.. The democracy and the rights of the people are still in development..

Most likely in the future being arrested and jailed over such statements won't be possible until then everyone should be careful how they express themselves publicly.

North Korea is a dictatorship there are very big differences and some aspects might align but overall big difference.

EDIT: I am not saying that he deserved it.. Don't try and twist this..

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Democracies are not always pretty.. The democracy and the rights of the people are still in development..

Most likely in the future being arrested and jailed over such statements won't be possible until then I would watch what I say..

North Korea is a dictatorship there are very big differences and some aspects might align but overall big difference.

Sxb, "offending the honor of the president". Just switch out President for "Dear Leader" and you have North Korea. It's OK to criticize your own.

Most likely in the future being arrested and jailed over such statements won't be possible until then I would watch what I say..

When they finally realize a state is doing better than theirs in every aspect this is how they turn out.

giphy.gif

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Sxb, "offending the honor of the president". Just switch out President for "Dear Leader" and you have North Korea. It's OK to criticize your own.
One big difference he was elected democratically correct? So in theory if everyone votes for a society and legal system that is similar to North Korea they would still be democratic.

In Somaliland's case the democracy and judicial system is still developing and with time issues such as this will not and should not exist..

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
One big difference he was elected democratically correct? So in theory if everyone votes for a society and legal system that is similar to North Korea they would still be democratic.

In Somaliland's case the democracy and judicial system is still developing and with time issues such as this will not and should not exist..

More likely, these issues will solidify in the future. You give these leaders a taste of authoritarianism and they will never let go. Which is why people should be against it from the very beginning.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP

Most likely in the future being arrested and jailed over such statements won't be possible until then everyone should be careful how they express themselves publicly.

EDIT: I am not saying that he deserved it.. Don't try and twist this..
By saying everyone should be careful and complacent you are supporting it.

my uncle tried to join the Somaliland government and he came back saying those corrupt politicians give a shit about the awdal reign

:ileycry:

Are you sleeping? Gadabursi has some of the best governmental positions in Somaliland. Reer Awdal are eating good along with Somaliland. Not to mention the fact that majority of Gadabursi are pro-Somalilanders and had a great president of Gadabursi background that leaded Somaliland for 8 years.

The only people that says Gadabursi are Isaaq slaves aren't Isaaq but enemies of Somaliland because they can't believe Isaaq and Gadabursi work together which built Somaliland.

Status
Not open for further replies.