Is it me or are Somali kids getting built and taller in the diaspora?

I was just walking and was reminded of something that has been on my mind when I saw 3 Somali school kids that are almost the size of me!

Back when I was new to the west & in school, me and all the boys were scrawny and short.

Most of us were also new to the country and were born back home etc

I guess it has something to do with the diet because this shit is wild

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I was just walking and was reminded of something that has been on my mind when I saw 3 Somali school kids that are almost the size of me!

Back when I was new to the west & in school, me and all the boys were scrawny and short.

Most of us were also new to the country and were born back home etc

I guess it has something to do with the diet because this shit is wild
Somali males on average are 6ft tall. Hitting to the gym and eating well also contributes to a healthier and more balanced lifestyle.

:ufdup:

Absolutely, without a doubt. I'm 192cm and regularly seeing young Somali boys in their teens (14 - 17) already at eye level range, out of all my family - brothers and cousins - not one is under 6ft. Nowadays seeing Somalis under 5'11 is like encountering a unicorn, very rare for this new generation.

I noticed this too. My brothers are taller then me. One is very big too the other one is skinny ish. A friends lil bros are like that too.

But i was born in qixii maybe that had something to do with it

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I've noticed this trend among the younger generation, mashallah. They're even much smarter, have better akhlaaq, and are less prone to crime compared to the previous generation.

If Somalia was a stable country and provided essential nutrition for its citizens for better growth and immunity. I believe with no shadow of a doubt that they would surpass the Netherlands in terms of height.

Before when the Europeans were not known for their height. This is what they about our ancestors who in their time were stronger, taller, and healthier than Somalis living today.

The men.

1638788032463.png

The women.

1638788040741.png

I've noticed this trend among the younger generation, mashallah. They're even much smarter, have better akhlaaq, and are less prone to crime compared to the previous generation.

If Somalia was a stable country and provided essential nutrition for its citizens for better growth and immunity. I believe with no shadow of a doubt that they would surpass the Netherlands in terms of height.

Before when the Europeans were not known for their height. This is what they about our ancestors who in their time were stronger, taller, and healthier than Somalis living today.

The men.

View attachment 208444

The women.

View attachment 208445

Somali women are not very tall from what I see, most are between 5'3 - 5'7. With Somalis our height is dimorphic, not uncommon to see a short xalimo with tall brothers. My ayeeyo is 5'2 and all the men on her side of the family including her sons are 6'3+

Somali women are not very tall from what I see, most are between 5'3 - 5'7. With Somalis our height is dimorphic, not uncommon to see a short xalimo with tall brothers. My ayeeyo is 5'2 and all the men on her side of the family including her sons are 6'3+
I was wondering why I was short and the dudes are all tall.lol

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
OGs would beg to differ
Yet to see an OG girl under 5’6
:liberaltears:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Yeah my male cousins average around 6’3(190 cm) ish, the shortest male in my family is 6’1(185 cm) and the tallest is 6’8 (203 cm). For females, the shortest is 5’7(171 cm) and the tallest is 6’1 (185 cm), I would say the average is around 5’9 (175 cm), but we’ve never calculated that unlike the boys. If you can’t tell, they are all OGs
:diddyass:

My mom is 5'2" and my brothers are 6'3" and 6'4"

It's interesting how my mom height didn't affect them.

OGs would beg to differ
Yet to see an OG girl under 5’6
:liberaltears:

My ayeeyo is OG, straight Balcad stock. :icon lol:

OG girls average on the upper side of 5'6-7, and a few I've met were under 5'5. If you're a xalimo above 5'8, you are very exceptional.