Is it just me or a lot of somali parents rely too much on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Physical punishment?
Without any kind of supplementation, just beat their kids when they do bad in school for example, but do very little to actually help them do better academically.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
It’s quick and easy. Talking to the child about its behaviour and telling them to go to the corner or their room is not something that happened much in their childhood. It’s not that strange... I don’t believe in hitting children either, because there are many other options to discipline children.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
Why are you guys acting like we never had lectures from our parents. What we did wrong needed consequences.

Of course my parents used to talk to me, but I don’t agree with the fact that hitting is the only option.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Physical punishment?
Without any kind of supplementation, just beat their kids when they do bad in school for example, but do very little to actually help them do better academically.
Some parents do some dont

I dont think physical punishment works next time around the parents he Will act like an angel later when in public or school he gonna act up

I dont think physical punishment works next time around the parents he Will act like an angel later when in public or school he gonna act up
As a kid physical violence isn't good and doesn't help one moment later your back to doing what u we're hit for thank goodness I don't face it

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
As a kid physical violence isn't good and doesn't help one moment later your back to doing what u we're hit for thank goodness I don't face it

Exactly teach your kid how to behave and tell them what you expect from them

Beating wont do any good

Why are you guys acting like we never had lectures from our parents. What we did wrong needed consequences.
Even lecturing doesn't help children, but thats a topic for another day. Right now I'm talking about those moms who hit their kids without any other effort to correct their behavior. They let their kids run amok otherwise. So weird!

Right. Most kids do not have enough foreplanning to think, ok I was beaten for bringing home bad grades, maybe I should turn off the TV and do my homework. That process takes a lot more commitment than a one time beating, like enrolling them in after school tutoring, or some kind of continual effort. Instead of "why did you fail math" they should be asking "what can we do to make sure you don't next time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending