Is is true that somali women marry to divorce and be free?

I heard some Somali women get married but later get divorced because they just wanted to be independent. Now they get their own house and they can live alone or with their kids and no one will say anything because she’s no longer “gabar”. So it isn’t ceeb

Crazy and far fetched or element of truth? Discuss...

I heard some Somali women get married but later get divorced because they just wanted to be independent. Now they get their own house and they can live alone or with their kids and no one will say anything because she’s no longer “gabar”. So it isn’t ceeb

I wouldnt be surprised. Becasue they are pressured so much and judged. It is hard being a women in this world.

I wouldnt be surprised. Becasue they are pressured so much and judged. It is hard being a women in this world.
I think the same. Mostly it’s the women who grew up with a lot of pressure on them, (cook, clean for them family, take care of younger siblings) that you see with high divorce rates. It’s like they enjoy being single and you know why. They feel a sense of freedom

I think the same. Mostly it’s the women who grew up with a lot of pressure on them, (cook, clean for them family, take care of younger siblings) that you see with high divorce rates. It’s like they enjoy being single and you know why. They feel a sense of freedom
Add to nature's pressure ticktock lol they run to any guy and get ít over with.

Add to nature's pressure ticktock lol they run to any guy and get ít over with.
fertilized-eggs-blog-25.jpg

If she shares a room with 2 or 3 other sisters in a 3 bedroom apartment with 8 or more people, it’s understandable that marriage is her only ticket to freedom. Most Somalis in the diaspora live on top of one another like sardines. If I was a chick in that kind of a situation, I will invent a fake love, entrap and marry any loser to be free and live like a normal human being. You could always divorce him and end up with a fully furnished apartment. Furthermore, since you’re no longer a virgin, you can join the dating game. I think it’s a smart move.

If she shares a room with 2 or 3 other sisters in a 3 bedroom apartment with 8 or more people, it’s understandable that marriage is her only ticket to freedom. Most Somalis in the diaspora live on top of one another like sardines. If I was a chick in that kind of a situation, I will invent a fake love, entrap and marry any loser to be free and live like a normal human being. You could always divorce him and end up with a fully furnished apartment. Furthermore, since you’re no longer a virgin, you can join the dating game. I think it’s a smart move.
Interesting point on that last part. In general I would say that there is less rigidity in terms that of male/female interactions for unmarried virgins compared to married/divorcées.

It’s not right to use any human being like that (marry a guy to divorce him or knowing that it could happen but being ok with it) and it’s messier if kids are involved... besides those reasons it doesn’t sound like a bad concept.

Last edited:
Evil lol i honestly dont know how people use and manipulate each other like that.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Yep. Gotta take care of the Virginity burden

VixR

Veritas
They’re too scared to do what they want, so they do it roundaboutly, reaching their goal through accepted means.

I think that will change though.

VixR

Veritas
For better or worse, there’ll be a generation who don’t care what their folks think anymore. That’s already happening.

They won’t married as a means to leave the house, they’ll just leave the house.

Typical Somali parents are horrible at parenting lol.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
For better or worse, there’ll be a generation who don’t care what their folks think anymore. That’s already happening.

They won’t married as a means to leave the house, they’ll just leave the house.

Typical Somali parents are horrible at parenting lol.

My dear u seem very off today. R u okey?

I'm sorry, but that is straight up retarded. I doubt even a small minority entertains the thought. There are much more significant ways than to lie yourself into a marriage, potentially have children and ruin your future.

VixR

Veritas
My dear u seem very off today. R u okey?
You’re clairvoyant, edo. My schedule is off. I had a Down’s syndrome patient for the first time who apparently has the mind of a 18 month old.

And I murdered a mouse yesterday, and just found out by text that there’s another one in the house, so I’m not sleeping in my bed tonight.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
You’re clairvoyant, edo. My schedule is off. I had a Down’s syndrome patient for the first time who apparently has the mind of a 18 month old.

And I murdered a mouse yesterday, and just found out by text that there’s another one in the house, so I’m not sleeping in my bed tonight.

Okey...
10412.jpg

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I'm sorry, but that is straight up retarded. I doubt even a small minority entertains the thought. There are much more significant ways than to lie yourself into a marriage, potentially have children and ruin your future.

7140.jpg

That last bit is so true. Once divorced they can try anything and will for short period of time. Then they realize the guys just wanted to screw them and look for second marriage. But this is becoming less and less common. In the future people will just marry less like everywhere and she ess kids. But have more partners.

Trending

Latest posts