Is 100k enough to start a million dollar business in Somalia?

IS it worth investing in Somalia?

• yes

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • no

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • wait till peace comes

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
If you have a cement idea, and you see the gaps in the Somali market, you will know that 100k can be enough to start up to the extent where it can be profitable. Somalia needs Diaspora business and good money can come in if you invest.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Waar beenta jooji 40k ku yeen...
Agriculture would be a great investment but starting a farm and selling your produce isn't smart as your taking away livelihood from poor farmers who struggle to do this with limited resources. Best idea would be to go into agriculture but in the business of training on know how and techniques like greenhouses, equipment selling products that can help small farmers and allowing everyone to benefit specially masaakiin. Not to take your western lacag and compete with regular folk.

You don't understand business and I told you no lies there. My father employed many workers to his farm which helped the locals since his farm is located outside of Arabsiyo. He divided each land and created sections to grow a different type of fruits and vegetables so by logic that's a lot of money. He also recently started a honey business. No one is competing with anyone because Hargeisa originally bought fruits and vegetables from Ethiopia but now times have changed and Somaliland want to be self-sufficient.

There is already a movement in Somaliland giving farmers tools and knowledge on how to raise their crops. Fyi, my father didn't use western lacag. He inherited his fathers land and expanded his business. Now it's running successfully, alhamdulillah.

You don't understand business and I told you no lies there. My father employed many workers to his farm which helped the locals since his farm is located outside of Arabsiyo. He divided each land and created sections to grow a different type of fruits and vegetables so by logic that's a lot of money. He also recently started a honey business. No one is competing with anyone because Hargeisa originally bought fruits and vegetables from Ethiopia but now times have changed and Somaliland want to be self-sufficient.

There is already a movement in Somaliland giving farmers tools and knowledge on how to raise their crops. Fyi, my father didn't use western lacag. He inherited his fathers land and expanded his business. Now it's running successfully, alhamdulillah.

what's his margin of profits?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
How many hectares does he farm?

Whst does he grow and what are the best sellers?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Honestly, every crop back home except for Mango, Melon and popeye are in high demand. For the country to be self-sufficient there needs to be way more farmers and you guys can take advantage of that.

what's his margin of profits?

Last edited:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP

Honestly, every crop in back home except for Mango, Melon and popeye are in high demand. For the country to be self-sufficient there needs to be way more farmers and you guys can take advantage of that.

Well done you your father. We need more role models like him and to be more self sufficient and support our home grown products.

My plans are just getting started. In sha allah i get to that stage in 10 yrs time.

:salute:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Waar beenta jooji 40k ku yeen...
Agriculture would be a great investment but starting a farm and selling your produce isn't smart as your taking away livelihood from poor farmers who struggle to do this with limited resources. Best idea would be to go into agriculture but in the business of training on know how and techniques like greenhouses, equipment selling products that can help small farmers and allowing everyone to benefit specially masaakiin. Not to take your western lacag and compete with regular folk.
Stop being ignorant brother. If you have contacts and family back home like i do in SL, then you will know that agriculture is a much needed sector that we are going to fill up in the next decade. Many family members have told me that farmers who practice modern techniques have earned millions, nearly 40k+ a month.

It's time to stop looking down on this trade and get our lazy cousins back home to help out, like i'm doing. It's up to you if you are not willing to work hard to expand your business but don't put others off.

Work hard and anything is possible back home with out good laws and family/clan support. Focus on uplifting yourself and you will thank for it later.

:)

Fair enough! I support any idea as long the local people can benefit through employment or knowledge. I was curious about greenhouses and how that can work well in somalia given the water shortages and extreme sun definitely great way to farm there.

Stop being ignorant brother. If you have contacts and family back home like i do in SL, then you will know that agriculture is a much needed sector that we are going to fill up in the next decade. Many family members have told me that farmers who practice modern techniques have earned millions, nearly 40k+ a month.

It's time to stop looking down on this trade and get our lazy cousins back home to help out, like i'm doing. It's up to you if you are not willing to work hard to expand your business but don't put others off.

Work hard and anything is possible back home with out good laws and family/clan support. Focus on uplifting yourself and you will thank for it later.

:)

Might start looking for land in qardho and take you up on that!