Is 100k enough to start a million dollar business in Somalia?

IS it worth investing in Somalia?

• yes

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • no

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • wait till peace comes

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

BUSC BUSC

BEESHA-BARAKEYSAN
I have been thinking a lot lately about expanding my horizons and maybe investing back home. I have also been reading up on the many obstacles faced by entrepreneurs in the hostile nation and how the rewards are immense if everything aligns properly. So how hard is it to create a business in Somalia ?

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
the question was million dollar business though, and I'm wondering where she's getting that valuation from with just 100k put in, I doubt it tbh to high of an estimated roi
Must've changed after my comment :manny:
Point still stands tho. You can scale 100k to million easily

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Invest in agriculture. Right now agriculture is in huge demands and most of our food products are from foreign exports. My father owns a massive farm in Gabiley and sells his products to Hargeisa markets which is a city over a million people and is bound to have huge consumers. He makes 40k dollars per month, it's totally worth it.

Last edited:
Invest in agriculture. Right now agriculture is in huge demands and most of our food products are foreign exports. My father owns a massive farm in Gabiley and sells his products to Hargeisa markets which is a city over a million people and is bound to have huge consumers. He makes 40k dollars per month, it's totally worth it.
Do you know of any way to buy land for farming digitally in Somalia?

Any websites?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Do you know of any way to buy land for farming digitally in Somalia?

Any websites?

I don't know anything about websites but Somalis have a powerful network. Contact your family to contact their people to see if they know anyone that owns a good land. You then get their contacts and buy land of them.

I don't know anything about contacting people but if you do find good land. I wish you the best of luck. :nvjpqts:

It's time for Somali people to be self-sufficient back home.

I don't know anything about websites but Somalis have a powerful network. Contact your family to contact their people to see if they know anyone that owns a good land. You get then get their contacts and buy their land.

I don't know anything about contacting people but if you do find good land. I wish you the best of luck. :nvjpqts:

It's time for people to be self-sufficient back home.
I'll do that, its always profitable to invest in developing countries.

BUSC BUSC

BEESHA-BARAKEYSAN
Invest in agriculture. Right now agriculture is in huge demands and most of our food products are from foreign exports. My father owns a massive farm in Gabiley and sells his products to Hargeisa markets which is a city over a million people and is bound to have huge consumers. He makes 40k dollars per month, it's totally worth it.
I am more interested in aviation since that is my field. Hopefully I will create a successfully run regional airline in Jubaland with its own cadet program.

How many hectares does he farm?

Whst does he grow and what are the best sellers?

Waar beenta jooji 40k ku yeen...
Agriculture would be a great investment but starting a farm and selling your produce isn't smart as your taking away livelihood from poor farmers who struggle to do this with limited resources. Best idea would be to go into agriculture but in the business of training on know how and techniques like greenhouses, equipment selling products that can help small farmers and allowing everyone to benefit specially masaakiin. Not to take your western lacag and compete with regular folk.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Somalia is a business Haven. 100k will take you very far...