Investment question to reer Hargeisa and Mogadishu, so please so gala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Don't advise him to just buy plots of land filthy squatters.

It's you guys who are pushing up costs for people who want to develop the city.

Spend your money on bitcoin or some other cursed thing.:shookgabre:

There are no laws. If a property dispute develops, the victor will be the person who can cause enough violence or bribe enough illiterate judges, particularly in Mog. Also, the prices there are widely inflated. Dursasalem, located on the far outskirts of the city, is trying to sell houses for 200k USD. That's ridiculous, you can buy houses in America for that price. Why would anybody pay six figures to live in a city with next to no public infrastructure, little security, pollution, and an on-going civil war? When peace comes, Mog property prices will actually go DOWN instead of up as many assume because a lot of areas currently totally unsuitable for living will become available, flooding the market with cheap areas. Sentimental crap and investing naivety are causing people to invest in land schemes that only benefit a few cunning speculators.
So sad i feel like a victim in my own land. Looks like i'll only be buying land in my parents clan regions. This is what keeps us behind as the wealthiest somalis from different clans will feel uneasy about buying land in other clan regions and helping to develop that land, thus the land will stay undeveloped and will flood like hargeysa.

Thank you so much brother for asking such a good question.. I'm so glad that other members responded.. thanks to them too.

Actually, my family really wants to invest over there but we don't have much information.

1. Which region is the best for investment?
2. What kind of business can be done in Somalia?

Thank you in advance!!!

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Ceelasha Biyaha and Garasbaaleey will hit record.

I would advise to invest land there.

As for Waqooyi, iam koonfurian. Will leave that to the waqoogian sspotters.

In Mogadishu area there’s prime real estate for sale. My parents recently bought plots of land in the Jazeera and areas on the road to Afgooye. Since the city is rapidly expanding and population boom it’s perfect for those wanting to rent out to locals and such.

Guys how is daresalem city project in Mogadishu doing, is it still expanding and are there also similar projects in Hargeisa like that of daresalem city??

What are the potentials in Mogadishu and Hargeisa, what opportunities of land investments are there for us?

Dar Salaam is a great enclave for middle class locals and returning diapsora. It’s pretty self efficient with a school, mosque, supermarket, and playground. It’s funded by Hormuud telecommunications and has Western style amenities.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Thank you so much brother for asking such a good question.. I'm so glad that other members responded.. thanks to them too.

Actually, my family really wants to invest over there but we don't have much information.

1. Which region is the best for investment?
2. What kind of business can be done in Somalia?

Thank you in advance!!!

For investment both business and residential stick with Somaliland. As shipping stuff from Dubai is much easier plus there is some "sense" of order when you get your land deed it is respected plus safety and security.

Hargeisa is crowded but it's where everyone's at, it's only gonna get bigger but if you gonna stays something go for the small coastal towns and build something that'll attract people there

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Just for everyone's general information on taxes in Somaliland (I'm not spinning an agenda)

COMPANY TAX
Company tax is based on computed tax profits as follows:
• Resident companies: 10%
• Non-resident companies: 16.3%
CAPITAL GAINS TAX
Capital gains are subject to tax at a rate of 10% of the net gain.
BRANCH PROFITS TAX
Branch of a foreign entity pays tax at the rate of 16.3%.
VALUE ADDED TAX (VAT)
The VAT rate is 5%.
EMPLOYMENT TAX
Employment income is taxed at 6% of the gross annual income
LOCAL TAXES
The following local taxes are levied in the republic of Somaliland:
VEHICLE ROAD TAX
Vehicle road tax rate 0.5% of the value of the vehicle
LAND RATES
Land rates are based on the percentage of the site value.
RENTAL INCOME TAXES
10% of the rental income
SINGLE BUSINESS PERMIT
Depending on the type of business, this permit costs a minimum of USD 200 to a maximum of USD
B. DETERMINATION OF TAXABLE INCOME
CAPITAL ALLOWANCES
• Land 0%
• Buildings 5%
• Machinery 10%
• Computers 33%
• Equipment 20%
• Trucks 20%
C. PERSONAL TAX
• Tax is charged at a rate of 6% on the gross income

I feel like you'd be priced out if you were to invest in property in Xamar or Hargeisa unless it's the suburbs or areas controlled by AS.
Try coastal cities like Kismayo, Merka, Hobyo, Berbera, and Bosaso I feel like they'll grow fast in the years to come. It's best to do it in your ancestral lands that way your qabil can protect your investment.
I'm eyeing Kismayo, it's in a prime location close to fertile lands. :wowsweat:

I feel like you'd be priced out if you were to invest in property in Xamar or Hargeisa unless it's the suburbs or areas controlled by AS.
Try coastal cities like Kismayo, Merka, Hobyo, Berbera, and Bosaso I feel like they'll grow fast in the years to come. It's best to do it in your ancestral lands that way your qabil can protect your investment.
I'm eyeing Kismayo, it's in a prime location close to fertile lands. :wowsweat:

I thought you were Hagar Gidir? :ayaanswag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending