Investment question to reer Hargeisa and Mogadishu, so please so gala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaajiXumbo

Always Venture, Always Win
Guys I have an investment decisions to make, but before I do I was hoping to gather plenty of research, I was hoping to ask those individuals who bought lands in either Hargeisa or Mogadishu whether I should buy/invest in a 1 expenisve land (15,000$) that is Prima (meaning is located in a high way) or so many (over 10) very cheap land (700$-1000$).

So guys do I buy/invest in 1 expenisve land with a potential, or just cheap lands that are located at the outskirts of the city.

So guys with land investing experience please add your input, as it really matters to me;
@Bohol @XamarCade @draco @wawenka

Thanks in advance guys:nvjpqts::nvjpqts::nvjpqts:

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
Guys I have an investment decisions to make, but before I do I was hoping to gather plenty of research, I was hoping to ask those individuals who bought lands in either Hargeisa or Mogadishu whether I should buy/invest in a 1 expenisve land (15,000$) that is Prima (meaning is located in a high way) or so many (over 10) very cheap land (700$-1000$).

So guys do I buy/invest in 1 expenisve land with a potential, or just cheap lands that are located at the outskirts of the city.

So guys with land investing experience please add your input, as it really matters to me;

Buy cheap land in the outskirts. In Garowe there is Huge gains just within one year. But the thing is you need somebody out there to look out for your land beacuse its a hustle out there you need to pay somebody 100 usd a month to supervise

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I became friends with a guy back in 2005. He was fresh of the boat, straight out of a refugee camp.

At that time I was about chasing chicks and having fun and this guy ( he was young, early 20s then) didn't care for none of that. He worked worked worked and went to esl classes at the community college.

Then around tax return time he would spend almost all of his money on buying lands. He would grab huge chunk of land close to the Hargeisa airport for as little as $200 then. I vividly remember saying to him "why are you flushing your money down the drain in a backwards Africa. Dude just enjoy your money here".

Today the guy's lands are worth $1.5 million. Dude bought a nice house in the suburbs of Ohio form selling one plot. :snoop::snoop:Guy has 2 sweet cars, brand new :ohlord::ohlord:

I spit on my face for being so shallow then.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
The cheap plots would be useless unless there is a strong probability that it'll be connected to some basic infastructure in the near future.

Otherwise you'll have to provide power, sewage and water somehow in order to sell it for. Decent price.

A good alternative plan is to join a group of similar investors and buy plots of land near each other.

Together you can lobby the local government to build a road to your plot as well as the other stuff.

At very least you could put together funds to make the area more valuable yourselves.

Investing alone isn't economical without support from others the region you bought could easily be used as a dump site in the future.

XaajiXumbo

Buy it wholesale on the outskirts. Then sell it for a lot of profit in a couple of years.

Im coming to realise that buying in bulk is most beneficial for the long term investment then just buying one expensive land in the hopes of building it then renting it out.

XaajiXumbo

Guys how is daresalem city project in Mogadishu doing, is it still expanding and are there also similar projects in Hargeisa like that of daresalem city??

What are the potentials in Mogadishu and Hargeisa, what opportunities of land investments are there for us?

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
Im coming to realise that buying in bulk is most beneficial for the long term investment then just buying one expensive land in the hopes of building it then renting it out.
Its nothing called long term if you are intrested in making money is shorterm you sell and buy new land every other year

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
Guys how is daresalem city project in Mogadishu doing, is it still expanding and are there also similar projects in Hargeisa like that of daresalem city??

What are the potentials in Mogadishu and Hargeisa, what opportunities of land investments are there for us?
I am Goin Somali about two weeks In sha Allah

It's better to buy plots of land on the outskirts of the city, it's much cheaper, Daressalam is still growing rapidly, it'll always be a good investment their especially if ur raising a family.

XaajiXumbo

It's better to buy plots of land on the outskirts of the city, it's much cheaper, Daressalam is still growing rapidly, it'll always be a good investment their especially if ur raising a family.

Thanks for the feedback bro, and about daresalaam is it really expanding??

And about that afgoye and balcad road construction the sfg government announced which road will it be used to connect those two cities, will it be ex control balcad or daresalaam road???

Buy it wholesale on the outskirts. Then sell it for a lot of profit in a couple of years.
I heard of a new place outside Xamar. The houses are very cheap. Xamar is expected to expand, so within 10 years the place's house prices are probably gonna go up.

Thanks for the feedback bro, and about daresalaam is it really expanding??

And about that afgoye and balcad road construction the sfg government announced which road will it be used to connect those two cities, will it be ex control balcad or daresalaam road???
Darussalam is always expanding, even the house prices have gone up due to demand outpacing supply.

2nd question I have no clue bro.

How much does 100 acres of farm land cost in north somalia and south?

XaajiXumbo

Darussalam is always expanding, even the house prices have gone up due to demand outpacing supply.

2nd question I have no clue bro.

Cheers bro, mashallah mogadishu and hargeisa are experiencing a construction boom unseen before, i just hope that it's not yet late for us newbies to enter this investment game.

How much does 100 acres of farm land cost in north somalia and south?

I don't know hence why I'm here, but im sure @XamarCade and @Bohol would know respectively about Mogadishu and Hargeisa land prices, so let's ask them.

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
I heard of a new place outside Xamar. The houses are very cheap. Xamar is expected to expand, so within 10 years the place's house prices are probably gonna go up.
Why would you buy a house for 70k when you can invest that money

Is it worth buying land now in Somalia? are there laws set up to protect home owners.

There are no laws. If a property dispute develops, the victor will be the person who can cause enough violence or bribe enough illiterate judges, particularly in Mog. Also, the prices there are widely inflated. Dursasalem, located on the far outskirts of the city, is trying to sell houses for 200k USD. That's ridiculous, you can buy houses in America for that price. Why would anybody pay six figures to live in a city with next to no public infrastructure, little security, pollution, and an on-going civil war? When peace comes, Mog property prices will actually go DOWN instead of up as many assume because a lot of areas currently totally unsuitable for living will become available, flooding the market with cheap areas. Sentimental crap and investing naivety are causing people to invest in land schemes that only benefit a few cunning speculators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts