Investing in somalia can be very profitable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investing in Somalia is only viable if you have connections in government or established businesses. The risks are too high if you are talking about serious investments, laws and regulation aren't acknowledged in many cases.

Investing in Somalia is only viable if you have connections in government or established businesses. The risks are too high if you are talking about serious investments, laws and regulation aren't acknowledged in many cases.

Hmmmmm....what is the worse case scenario then? If i go in solo to a country with a new government with their hands full.

Yes but land or property ownership for the most part in Somalia exists if you have the confirmation letter with the stamp of your purchase and ownership that's all you need and no one can do anything.

Just last week a my uncle told me he had someone kicked out of his house who stole his property apparently the guy moved in his house during the war and lived their ever since but my uncle lost his letter of ownership he got his letter again presented it to the folks in xamar and they came to the house and told him to get jogging......many other cases like these

Yes but land or property ownership for the most part in Somalia exists if you have the confirmation letter with the stamp of your purchase and ownership that's all you need and no one can do anything.

Just last week a my uncle told me he had someone kicked out of his house who stole his property apparently the guy moved in his house during the war and lived their ever since but my uncle lost his letter of ownership he got his letter again presented it to the folks in xamar and they came to the house and told him to get jogging......many other cases like these

I.mean couldn't have he got him to pay rent or something in the meantime make some.money out of him I've always wondered why no one does that

I agree, land is probably on of the few things that you can invest in without worrying too much(if you have the right papers). Many people who fly back home can see for themselves that business in Somalia is not at a good enough standard.

What you mean not good enough standard
There are many things you would have to see for yourself. For example, lets say you decide to open a business like a restaurant or construction company. Perhaps millions of young men don't have jobs in Somalia, if you were to offer them something that isn't a desk job or a variant of that, the chance his likely that they will not take it. Which means you would have to employ a bantu or oromo to do the job.

They all study to become politicians and economist in shitty universities in the worlds worst failed democratic state and poorest country.

You would have to see for yourself. Lets say you decide to open a business like a restaurant or construction company. Perhaps millions of young men don't have jobs in Somalia, if you were to offer them something that isn't a desk job or a variant of that, the chance his likely that they will not take it. Which means you would have to employ a bantu or oromo to do the job.

They all study to become politicians and economist in shitty universities in the worlds worst failed democratic state and poorest country.

Oh..then they arent hungry enough don't worry about them lol. Im sure there are those who are hungry and will do anything to feed their families. I think it would be better to look for them.

Oh..then they arent hungry enough don't worry about them lol. Im sure there are those who are hungry and will do anything to feed their families. I think it would be better to look for them.
Yh, lol we will have to wait until our parents generation stops sending money back home to see real improvement from within. Sure there are plenty who will work hard but are sometimes tough to find.

KULTA

f*ck you im from Mudug
When you are buying land /house you must videotape everything wallee that would be the ultimate proof

Videotape every single process

This isn't the type of investment Somalia needs -- land/property purchases, hotels, restaurants etc. Why can't diaspora Somali's move beyond investing in rent seeking businesses?

What we need are export-oriented businesses that bring in desperately needed foreign currency into the country, not extracting/reallocating wealth already inside the country. But I won't be too harsh as there are reasons for this -- no electricity, at least reliable and affordable energy. Somali government needs to make energy priority #1, even beyond security imo.

Somalia is the only country in the world without a single power plant.......think about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts