Interracial marriage among Somali community

HK227Gn.jpg

You really gonna say you don't see it? The difference in facial features is as stark as between that Italian and Chinese fella if not starker. And genetically it is simply a fact that the differences are comparable. Only western influenced people who see anyone "black" in Africa as essentially the same would lump us with Senegalese folks.
All I’m sayin is that Somali guy marrying that Jarrèr guy sister is not interracial marriage lol

Most African Americans look different to the west African as well.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
All I’m sayin is that Somali guy marrying that Jarrèr guy sister is not interracial marriage lol

Most African Americans look different to the west African as well.

And that's just your opinion, walaal. I would see it very much as comparable to marrying an cadaan or indhoyar. Comparably foreign. And a lot of Somalis would see it this way too. Especially those not heavily influenced by the west.

Somalis don’t even think Ethiopians are the same people as them, so of course they’d never think that of other Africans.

That's just calaacal. Somalis were historically well aware of their closeness to other Horners. They even displayed it in their attitude toward slaves. A child produced with an Oromo or Xabash slave woman was usually accepted as equal to a man's fully Somali children and could inherit whereas mixing with a Madow slave woman was out of the question from the outset.

come on... let's be honest. the vast majority of women, from what can be observed, marry within their own race or ethnicity, so this concern about ''oh we're losing our women!'' is silly, to say the least. inter-racial marriages seem to be rare, in comparison to people marrying within their culture/race/ethnicity/etc.

And that's just your opinion, walaal. I would see it very much as comparable to marrying an cadaan or indhoyar. Comparably foreign. And a lot of Somalis would see it this way too. Especially those not heavily influenced by the west.

That's just calaacal. Somalis were historically well aware of their closeness to other Horners. They even displayed it in their attitude toward slaves. A child produced with an Oromo or Xabash slave woman was usually accepted as equal to a man's fully Somali children and could inherit whereas mixing with a Madow slave woman was out of the question from the outset.

I think it's just an American thing with @Louis Vuitton Don , they're all just seen as one black American group over there, it's not the same for us in other countries.

My mum was speaking to an old Somali woman about a stabbing in our area recently, the woman asked if the victim was Somali or if he was madow... they clearly don't see us as the same.

Since interracial relationships within the Somali community is rare, I don't see the logic in caring about it. If it was widespread and due to poor representation on the media, like Asian men, then yeah it'd a problem. But that's not really the case. So I don't care, and I don't think most men should give a damn either.