Interesting Findings on Genetics of the Amazigh (Illustrative Dna)

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
1681262428842.png
1681262511773.png
1681262659795.png

These are some results.
I have concluded that generally speaking. It seems that Maghrebis have similar amounts of Levantine, i've spoken to maghrebis and they said the same. They all have considerable Canaanite ancestry as well. Around 12 percent. Some get minor Arabian peninsular ancestry but generally at a lower level than the levantine one.

-A Maghrebi *Moroccan* asking why he gets high Canaanite ancestry.
They are still majority native of course. With minor levant and italian/iberian

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
The ancestry is old though, not recent. Generally around Roman Times, concerning the levant ancestry

View attachment 266196View attachment 266197View attachment 266198
These are some results.
I have concluded that generally speaking. It seems that Maghrebis have similar amounts of Levantine, i've spoken to maghrebis and they said the same. They all have considerable Canaanite ancestry as well. Around 12 percent. Some get minor Arabian peninsular ancestry but generally at a lower level than the levantine one.

high Levantine/Canaanite is probably due to Phoenicians empire that was started from Morden tunisia to all the way Sicily.
here is the peak map emoire

335C5A35-E794-4E51-B675-F9665EE4D406.jpeg

But yes they had amazigh under their empire and I’ve heard even amazigh played a role in their empire so Levantine dna kinda make sense.

Also the Arabs Ofc we know why

Maghrebis are the closest to Egyptians and Levantines in general
I’ve heard the closest to Egyptians are Arabian normad and palastine . I’ve seen the result for Egyptians but not maghrebis.

Maghrebis probably are closer to European and Middle Eastern then sub Saharan African lol

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
I thought amazight was a arabised lost qabil of saamale
Not even close. Amazigh have retained the culture. The arabs of the maghreb are arabized and lost their amazigh culture. Second Maghrebis are closer to europeans than they are to somalis. They have distant relations, but the amazigh also have distant relations with arabs. I don't know how you got that. The Amazigh are said to have come from a migration 12k thousand years ago from western asia. Somalis have said to existed since 4000 years ago and later on inhabited the horn but that took years. Amazigh were already established after going across
I’ve heard the closest to Egyptians are Arabian normad and palastine . I’ve seen the result for Egyptians but not maghrebis.

Maghrebis probably are closer to European and Middle Eastern then sub Saharan African lol
Correct. Though berbers and egyptians are related to east africans due to very ancient eurasian ancestry

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
high Levantine/Canaanite is probably due to Phoenicians empire that was started from Morden tunisia to all the way Sicily.
here is the peak map emoire

View attachment 266213

But yes they had amazigh under their empire and I’ve heard even amazigh played a role in their empire so Levantine dna kinda make sense.

Also the Arabs Ofc we know why
The armies were made of amazigh who were punicized. The elites were actually punic, so that was too little. Although jews and what not migrated to the maghreb. No one really knows the exact cause of that levantine ancestry

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
Second how does saamale come into this? Amazigh were in north africa far longer than somalis inhabited the horn

The armies were made of amazigh who were punicized. The elites were actually punic, so that was too little. Although jews and what not migrated to the maghreb. No one really knows the exact cause of that levantine ancestry
interesting I thought it was massive Punic migration from palastine/Lebanon to North Africa . But what if I say Canaanite/Phoenicians already mixed in with amazigh before the Punic empire ?
I mean remember the canaanite aka the hyksos was already in North Africa ruling ancient Egypt before the Egyptians threw them out . I think some probably went to amazigh and mixed with them so it’s a long period of time
Since Hyksos ruling Egypt to Greek ruling Egypt (Phoenician was moving different places under Greek empire ) to Punic empire .

There is no genetic proof, amazigh are not arabized. You have to understand, amazigh are the ones who retained their culture. Arabs are not, arabs are the ones who are arabized amazigh.
I don’t think you need genetic proof to prove if a certain ethnic was arabised.

Amazigh are not the only arabised group
Pretty much the whole Levantine country and Iraq .
now
Amazigh , palatine , Lebanon , Syria , Iraq etc cultures have many similarities as well speaking Arabic with their own twist from each ethic group .
why do you think majority of clothing , dancing etc are literally the same as Egypt and other middle Arab countries

Garaad diinle

 
View attachment 266196View attachment 266197View attachment 266198
These are some results.

Is this your results?

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
interesting I thought it was massive Punic migration from palastine/Lebanon to North Africa . But what if I say Canaanite/Phoenicians already mixed in with amazigh before the Punic empire ?
I mean remember the canaanite aka the hyksos was already in North Africa ruling ancient Egypt before the Egyptians threw them out . I think some probably went to amazigh and mixed with them so it’s a long period of time
Since Hyksos ruling Egypt to Greek ruling Egypt (Phoenician was moving different places under Greek empire ) to Punic empire .

I don’t think you need genetic proof to prove if a certain ethnic was arabised.

Amazigh are not the only arabised group
Pretty much the whole Levantine country and Iraq .
now
Amazigh , palatine , Lebanon , Syria , Iraq etc cultures have many similarities as well speaking Arabic with their own twist from each ethic group .
why do you think majority of clothing , dancing etc are literally the same as Egypt and other middle Arab countries
There is a difference between Amazigh and Arabized Amazigh was my point. An amazigh is one who speaks tamazight and retains the native culture and arabized amazigh is one who identifies as arab and speaks it

Garaad diinle

 
No, a maghrebi person I know.
I'm not familiar with this company and results may vary depending on which company you use for example here we used ancestry and got 20% north african which is obviously not true or at least it's an ancient admixture. The best company to use especially for people from africa would be 23&me. If you wanna do a more in depth test you can always go for nebula. Did you do one of these test? I'm curious to see your results.

Last edited: