Interesting development! gender roles in the somali family unit dismantled by a particular family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, I was invited by my friend to his residence for afur. I had seen something very unusual in a Somali household. My friend is the youngest of 6 children, him being the only male among his siblings. All of his sisters still live at home with their parents.

As usual, the women were preparing the afur. It was all hands on deck, all the women were busy cooking away in the kitchen. They usually make a surplus of food, delivering the left overs to the masjid.

Afur time came, and my plate was delivered to me in his room. We finished eating, I cleaned up after myself and handed our plates to his mom. I told him to hurry along as I was eager to hit the gym early.

He told me to give him 30 minutes. His mom instructed him to clean up after afur. I then seen him cleaning the dishes in the kitchen, and boy was that a massive pile of plates and utensils.

I was shocked to be honest, a man among many females performing the duty usually assigned to women. Two of his sisters could have made themselves useful and helped out as they were hardly involved cooking.

A lesson to all to us Farahs', help your mother and sister clean up after afur if they're short handed. If not, do as I do after every afur :westbrookswag:kkkk..........
2bu2xw.gif

Last edited:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Y’all niggas don’t help clean the dishes?

Usually I help with cooking but when I don’t cook I usually clean the dishes. It’s a Norm. You must’ve a real dick

Usually I help with cooking but when I don’t cook I usually clean the dishes. It’s a Norm. You must’ve a real dick

My only objective is to kill the plate in front of me:shaq:. So you're a cook huh? What Somali dishes can you prepare?

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
if boys cant take care of themselves how will they become a reliable man? Whether you admit it or not mothers struggle, it's nice to help out.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
My only objective is to kill the plate in front of me:shaq:. So you're a cook huh? What Somali dishes can you prepare?
I’m decent. I been making some sambusa, my rice skills are okay. I practiced on that for the past couple of months. Not as good as my mom though.

I need to work on my suugo, the ones my mom makes with basto is amazing.

I’m good with cangeero too.

How are your cooking skills

I’m decent. I been making some sambusa, my rice skills are okay. I practiced on that for the past couple of months. Not as good as my mom though.

I need to work on my suugo, the ones my mom makes with basto is amazing.

I’m good with cangeero too.

How are your cooking skills

I can make pretty good malawax. My baasto is decent. That's about it lol

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!

Last night, I was invited by my friend to his residence for afur. I had seen something very unusual in a Somali household. My friend is the youngest of 6 children, him being the only male among his siblings. All of his sisters still live at home with their parents.

As usual, the women were preparing the afur. It was all hands on deck, all the women were busy cooking away in the kitchen. They usually make a surplus of food, delivering the left overs to the masjid.

Afur time came, and my plate was delivered to me in his room. We finished eating, I cleaned up after myself and handed our plates to his mom. I told him to hurry along as I was eager to hit the gym early.

He told me to give him 30 minutes. His mom instructed him to clean up after afur. I then seen him cleaning the dishes in the kitchen, and boy was that a massive pile of plates and utensils.

I was shocked to be honest, a man among many females performing the duty usually assigned to women. Two of his sisters could have made themselves useful and helped out as they were hardly involved cooking.

A lesson to all to us Farahs', help your mother and sister clean up after afur if they're short handed. If not, do as I do after every afur :westbrookswag:kkkk..........
View attachment 47233

Smh! The feminization and emasculation of men is real. Not only are they agreeing on doing the dishes, but they themselves think its a part of man/boys duty too.

so yall havent been cleaning the dishes all ramadan?:gucciwhat: do you at least clear the table? yall have been treated like mini boqors at home all this time illee. it explains why yall feel so entitled.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Smh! The feminization and emasculation of men is real. Not only are they agreeing on doing the dishes, but they themselves think its a part of man/boys duty too.
@Wei once we start receiving this mehr people like him will start to become jealous. He will start to regret not learning how to cook.

He is really useless. Who will marry him?

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
@Comewithrealness @Jerome in the house I told my friend to man up, and have one of his sisters clean up. This war on masculinity and the feminization of men in the West must not reach Somali households. I'll have a word with his mom next time:birdman:
You better enhance your cooking skills.

Gordon Ramsey one of the manliest white men in existence cooks.

What is with all this rambling about feminization of men. Can a nigga not cook?

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!

A man can cook, but not for his wife.
How could you call yourself a man, making afur, while your wife is laying on the couch.
Are you going to change the diapers too?

Are you an Ethnic Somali or a half breed? I'm beginning to question your lack of knowledge on Somali gender roles and general Somali cultural values.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Are you an Ethnic Somali or a half breed? I'm beginning to question your lack of knowledge on Somali gender roles and general Somali cultural values.
I’m pure Somali.

I know about these culture values. My mom and aunties always use to bash Somali men.

A good out come is that I learned how to cook.

Honeslty I can’t see myself being useless like some people.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
A man can cook, but not for his wife.
How could you call yourself a man, making afur, while your wife is laying on the couch.
Are you going to change the diapers too?
Eh it depends.

Not gonna lie sometimes I really enjoy it. Cooking is fun if you actually know what your doing and are doing it for a purpose. I made a lasagna for the community food bank once. I did consider making iftar for some of the local masjids once but the slots are always taken.

I have been considering taking some culinary courses at a local community college. I just want to enhance my cooking skills.

Now for my wife. Well I will be married to the chick. I generally do like to cook. Cooking for her in the family wouldn’t be an issue.

I honeslty didn’t think this would be an issue for you people.

I have never come across a more useless breed of ‘men’. What are you guys even good for?:susp:

I thank Allah a million fold for allowing me to be born in the civilised world with civilised men. If I were stuck with you lot I would choose to die alone in a heartbeat.:susp:

Status
Not open for further replies.