Interesting article: South Africa’s Decline Is Worst Among Nations Not at War, Model Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm

VIP
South Africa’s performance on a range of social, economic and governance measures deteriorated more in the past 12 years than any other nation not at war, according to Eunomix Business & Economics Ltd.

The decline is likely to continue as the country wrestles with the consequences of nine years of worsening corruption and policy paralysis under former President Jacob Zuma, the Johannesburg-based political-risk advisory company said. The fragility of the economy may also limit the tenure of his successor Cyril Ramaphosa, who faces his first national election on May 8, it said.

“There is the strongest likelihood of him being a one-term president,” Claude Baissac, the head of a Eunomix, said in an interview. “He is starting with a very weak economy, the weakest of any president since Mandela. He is also starting with a fairly weak hand from a political standpoint.”

An index of security, governance, prosperity and welfare indicators shows South Africa slumped to 88th out of 178 nations in 2018 from 31st in 2006, according to an analysis of the country’s prospects by Eunomix. The company advises some of the biggest mining companies operating in the country.

Venezuela, Colombia
South Africa’s decline in ranking is only been superseded by conflict-riven countries such as Mali, Ukraine and Venezuela and its peers now include Colombia, Jamaica, Latvia and the Philippines, compared with Portugal and Slovenia in 2008.

Other advisory groups, such as FTI Consulting, are more positive on South Africa’s prospects.

“South Africa has made significant progress on improving the well-being of its population, with poverty declining by over 10 percent in the last 10 years alone,” FTI said in a report. “However, 14 million people are still living below the level at which they can afford basic food supplies.”

Eunomix disagrees, saying the likelihood of arresting the decline is limited by the unsustainable structure of South Africa’s economy, in which economic power is largely held by an elite that wields little political influence, a product of its apartheid history and its status as one of the world’s most unequal societies. The ability of politicians to make the unpopular decisions needed to boost growth is hampered by this imbalance.

“Economic policy serves narrow interests, thus generating insufficient and unfairly allocated growth,” Eunomix said. “Populism, rather than developmentalism is an easy temptation, with the economy a tug-of-war between mutually distrustful groups.”

Political Weakness
While Ramaphosa spent his first 14 months in power pledging a crackdown on corruption, an end to policy uncertainty and a drive to reform loss-making state-owned companies, his political weakness will hinder or thwart progress, the company said. Ramaphosa won the leadership of the ruling African National Congress in December 2017 in a contest with Zuma’s ex-wife, a political ally of his, by a narrow margin, and the party remains riven by factionalism.

Orthodox economics adopted during the rule of former President Thabo Mbeki, who was in power from 1999 until 2008, have been abandoned in favor of more populist policies. They include a drive to adopt land expropriation without compensation, free tertiary education and more stringent black economic empowerment requirements for mining companies.

“South Africa’s state performance peaked in 2007, that year its economy and governance were at their best. Since then the state has experienced continuous decline in all core indicators of performance,” Eunomix said. “The developmental state project has failed. South Africa is now a fragile state, expected to continue to weaken.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...cline-worst-of-nations-not-at-war-model-shows

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Probably because of all the cadaans in America cursing them for that whole thing with kicking off the cadaan farmers from their own lands.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
We tend to say “cadaan man is supremacist” but how can we ignore the evidence ?

You have 2 great examples

South Africa and Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe was the bread basket when a minority cadaan ruled it. A madoow took over and drove it into the ground

South Africa was so advanced under cadaan rule that it was an island in the middle of a cursed continent. Apartheid was dismantled and governance was handed over to madoows. Now take a good look at it. Their credit rating plummeted like MAX 8 plane.

Therefore I ask you, is the madoow man genetically inferior to others. I say YES! Just look at Africa.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Shameful. Without whites the negro nation cannot prosper.

We tend to say “cadaan man is supremacist” but how can we ignore the evidence ?

You have 2 great examples

South Africa and Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe was the bread basket when a minority cadaan ruled it. A madoow took over and drove it into the ground

South Africa was so advanced under cadaan rule that it was an island in the middle of a cursed continent. Apartheid was dismantled and governance was handed over to madoows. Now take a good look at it. Their credit rating plummeted like MAX 8 plane.

Therefore I ask you, is the madoow man genetically inferior to others. I say YES! Just look at Africa.

wold you prefer to live here over South Africa?

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
wold you prefer to live here over South Africa?

OH MY GOD! Oh my god! OH MY GOD!

Dude I watched this yesterday.

After watching it Somalia seemed like Singapore to me.

This bald dude is absolutely great. He says it like it is.
Every country he went to he showed their true nature.

I’ve been following him for months now and I can’t tell if he’s a Indian British or Cadaan

Btw I featured him here when he was in India

This bald dude is way too hilarious LOL
:drakelaugh:

I’ve been following him for months now and I can’t tell if he’s a Indian British or Cadaan

his subscriptions took off crazy because of his personality and style of vlogging. He is respectful of the people unlike the Harold guy who got him into vlogging.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP

Menace at it again with his exaggeration, Moldova looks 100 times better than Somalia, it’s shitty compared to rest of Europe but comparing it to Somalia it’s an insult.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Probably because of all the cadaans in America cursing them for that whole thing with kicking off the cadaan farmers from their own lands.
They are also being cursed by the rest of the continent for their barbarism.

I can't wait for this joke of a country to collapse. Only then can they understand that apartheid with white rule is the only way.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I am glad to see the rest of the world is catching up with my opinion that White race is at the top food chain for humanity. Respect the hierarchy order.

There is a plausible explanation as to why neanderthals are on top now...wasn't too long ago (in the larger scheme of things) that they were eating each other in caves whilst civilization existed elsewhere. Then they gun powder (from the asians) and that in conjunction with their savage waring caveman nature and the disgusting diseases that they carried are what allowed them to conquer the world and suckle from the breast of the resources of every damn country on earth for the last few hundred years. Right now without african France will fall back into neanderthal existence. I guarantee you than in the next couple of hundreds of years the whites will no longer dominate mother earth. Either the asians or the africans....not you lamagoodle arab/white wannabes...but the real and smart africans will rule the world.

There is a plausible explanation as to why neanderthals are on top now...wasn't too long ago (in the larger scheme of things) that they were eating each other in caves whilst civilization existed elsewhere. Then they gun powder (from the asians) and that in conjunction with their savage waring caveman nature and the disgusting diseases that they carried are what allowed them to conquer the world and suckle from the breast of the resources of every damn country on earth for the last few hundred years. Right now without african France will fall back into neanderthal existence. I guarantee you than in the next couple of hundreds of years the whites will no longer dominate mother earth. Either the asians or the africans....not you lamagoodle arab/white wannabes...but the real and smart africans will rule the world.

Why is this person pretending like Asians don’t carry Neanderthal variants since you think they're your next overlords. :draketf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending