Intellectuals so galla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf do I even do with this question.

Extension is 1/4l whilst the particle is spinning round, so it's not compressed (natural length is l).
So pythagaros to find the the side adjacent to the angle (a) of the path the ball is spinning around from the horizontal.

To find Young's modulus you need the crossecrossec area of the string, which is not given so I assumed it's 1 (question earlier was similar but ball was not spinning around).

Ways Ive tried answering it which are wrong:

1)take mass to be acting dead centre of the origin.

2) find acceleration and use to find force, using said force in Young modulus's formula.

3)assume force is acting at the 180- angle to the horizontal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190409-215828__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190409-215828__01.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:

Extension is 1/4l whilst the particle is spinning round, so it's not compressed (natural length is l).
So pythagaros to find the the side adjacent to the angle (a) of the path the ball is spinning around from the horizontal.

To find Young's modulus you need the crossecrossec area of the string, which is not given so I assumed it's 1 (question earlier was similar but ball was not spinning around).

2) find acceleration and use to find force, using said force in Young modulus's formula.

Both have not netted the answer shown.

>Inb4 lmao Google it

Been doing that since the beginning not semester this teacher uses hella old books/makes up his own questions.

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.

3)assume force is acting at the 180- angle to the horizontal
What do you study sxb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts