Indonesia bans forced Religious Attires In Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!
Not everyone in Indonesia is Islamic, plus the government recognises 6 official religions:

1. Islam being the biggest.
2. Christianity.
3. Hinduism being third.
4. Buddhism being fourth.
5. And Confucianism being 5th

And other minor religions get practiced too, plus it depends on where someone comes from in terms of islands, for example:
Aceh is mostly Islamic while Sumatra and Bali have different religions within its population.

But the population has a different thought about Atheism, being apart of any religion is okay- but you’ll get discriminated for being an Atheist and won’t be considered to be “Indonesian” since you don’t follow any religion like your peers

Yes!
Not everyone in Indonesia is Islamic, plus the government recognises 6 official religions:

2. Christianity.
3. Hinduism being third.

And other minor religions get practiced too, plus it depends on where someone comes from in terms of islands, for example:
Aceh is mostly Islamic while Sumatra and Java have different religions within its population.

But the population has a different thought about Atheism, being apart of any religion is okay- but you’ll get discriminated for being an Atheist and won’t be considered to be “Indonesian” since you don’t follow any religion like your peers
What do you mean explain what’s going on for me in Indonesia plz?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

“Indonesian law requires its citizens to have a KTP that identifies them with one of the six religions, but they are able to leave that section blank.[7] Indonesia does not recognise agnosticism or atheism, and blasphemy is illegal.[15]

blasphemy: you can’t speak or offend any god or sacred things in the official religions in Indonesia (A Christian can’t speak bad of “Allah” in Islam, a Muslim can’t offend a Buddhism and a Buddhist can’t talk down about the religious practices of a Hindu)

Yes!

2. Christianity.
3. Hinduism being third.

Aceh is mostly Islamic while Sumatra and Java have different religions within its population.

Thats not the same issue. The student who was christian was attending an islamic school. She shouldn't go there if she doesn't want to assimilate.

Thats not the same issue. The student who was christian was attending an islamic school. She shouldn't go there if she doesn't want to assimilate.
The population consists of 87% Muslims, plus Islamic schools are way much cheaper then normal public schools in Indonesia:

the normal public schools aren’t cheap, and a lot of the Indonesian population isn’t rich or stable enough either to send their children to normal public or catholic schools.

edit: plus poor Christian families send their children to Islamic schools more likely because “Catholic” schools are expensive, and they can’t afford that.

the government allows it and most non-Islamic Indonesians attend Islamic schools because its cheap

The population consists of 87% Muslims, plus Islamic schools are way much cheaper then normal public schools in Indonesia:

I know about the non-muslim populations and her wearing a scarf is a none-issue to. She is learn about islam and is growing up in such an environment. What happens if the daughter decides to convert ? :russ:

Will her parents tolerate her freedom of religion then.

I know about the non-muslim populations and her wearing a scarf is a none-issue to. She is learn about islam and is growing up in such an environment. What happens if the daughter decides to convert ? :russ:

Will her parents tolerate her freedom of religion then.
Yeah most of the time they do, except if she comes from a Protestant family then not lol. But people don’t care anyways since their children (daughters and sons) are getting education any way and can still grow up as normal children

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I’m not saying all Indonesians but every single Indonesian I met, while in Indonesia, was awful. They need to worry less about religious attire and more about being decent people.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
I thought Indonesia was a secular country already what’s this?
the people are pro-islam.

i remember when people in Jakarta protested against against the Christian minister. The entire area was packed. :stressed:

No I have no intentions of practicing Christianity anymore. There are aspects I agree with Islam’s and other aspects I don’t agree with at all. I’m currently following my life path and eventually see what life’s bringing for me and find smt that aligns with my beliefs

Are you Christian, Muslim or neither?

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
You say this but cry when France tries to ban hijab in their country. Many Muslims in America send their kids to Christian schools and they aren’t forced to take off their scarves and assimilate. Forcing your religious attire on people of another faith is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.