Indigenous leaders to UN: Make cultural appropriation ILLEGAL WORLDWIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
The caadans will be angry.

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:96096

Blog-post-before-after-lip-enhancement-augmentation-injection-facial-filler-kissing-hyaluronic-acid.001.jpeg

fakebooty.jpg

katy-perry-ama-25nov13-01.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
That's irrational. I can understand being sensitive to it, but so-called "cultural appropriation" is a practically a given within the context of increasingly globalized world.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Watch as the cadaans use the same argument they always bring up: "SO LIKE WHY CAN YOU GUYS WEAR JEANS BUT I CAN'T WEAR A NATIVE HEADRESS AT COACHELLA????"

Like I didn't know jeans held a spiritual importance for white people :chrisfreshhah:

Only heard of cultural appropriation on the internet; must be a new world thing.

Our cadaans have actual culture to celebrate here.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Only heard of cultural appropriation on the internet; must be a new world thing.

Like what? Kilts? Only Somali men look good in skirts. White people have no culture to lean on. The sad part is White American, White UKlanders, White Australians, White Canadians, White New Zealanders have absolutely thrown away their culture to be a part of a 'homogenous' melting pot of whiteness. They have no remnants of their indigenous languages, they have no remnants of their native foods, cultures etc. Anyways that's going to be me in 20 years so I can't bad mouth them too much.

Like what? Kilts? Only Somali men look good in skirts. White people have no culture to lean on. The sad part is White American, White UKlanders, White Australians, White Canadians, White New Zealanders have absolutely thrown away their culture to be a part of a 'homogenous' melting pot of whiteness. They have no remnants of their indigenous languages, they have no remnants of their native foods, cultures etc. Anyways that's going to be me in 20 years so I can't bad mouth them too much.
Culture is something the weak have when your people control the world your culture becomes the norm

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo

American cadaans relied on slaves for cooking,sewing,etc so ironically they lost their culture too. Only thing they have left is their love for guns and bacon :lolbron:

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
Does this mean black women have to stop wearing weaves? Or does it only apply to whites?

To be fair, it's bc they're told their hair is ugly. It isn't meant to steal or profit off of straight 1a-3c hair, esp when kinky hair has a negative connotation behind it. Straight white hair is the "ideal", so black women get shit on when they go natural or if they get a weave.

Well, not my problem. I'm too busy dodging the "isn't the hijab hot during the summer" talk from coworkers :damn:

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
To be fair, it's bc they're told their hair is ugly. It isn't meant to steal or profit off of straight 1a-3c hair, esp when kinky hair has a negative connotation behind it. Straight white hair is the "ideal", so black women get shit on when they go natural or if they get a weave.

Well, not my problem. I'm too busy dodging the "isn't the hijab hot during the summer" talk from coworkers :damn:

This!

Eurocentric ideals of beauty have invaded spaces where it should not be present. Weaves and hair straightening are just some of the many aspects of that. AA women are usually the brunt of that, sometimes AA men will insult their dark skin or thick hair, calling them "nappy headed" as an insult.

And let's be real, this is present in Somalia too, whether it be calling dark skin Somalis "dhuxul" or calling thick hair "timo Madow," with Madow obviously holding a negative connotation, or, of course, abusing Diana. In fact, by calling AA women's usage of weaves "cultural appropriation," by that logic Somali women's usage of Diana could fall under that same category.

If it weren't for my hijab I'd get some much shit for my hair, especially due to the hairstyles I enjoy so much. I love wearing my hair in cornrows, my hooyo had braided them for me since I was a little girl
670C9E66-6F84-494C-90F1-70138E33B4A6-5813-000006DD7023AE98.gif

On a side note, if you think that question is bad, wait til you've been asked if you shower with a hijab on
:russ:

This!

Eurocentric ideals of beauty have invaded spaces where it should not be present. Weaves and hair straightening are just some of the many aspects of that. AA women are usually the brunt of that, sometimes AA men will insult their dark skin or thick hair, calling them "nappy headed" as an insult.

And let's be real, this is present in Somalia too, whether it be calling dark skin Somalis "dhuxul" or calling thick hair "timo Madow," with Madow obviously holding a negative connotation, or, of course, abusing Diana. In fact, by calling AA women's usage of weaves "cultural appropriation," by that logic Somali women's usage of Diana could fall under that same category.

If it weren't for my hijab I'd get some much shit for my hair, especially due to the hairstyles I enjoy so much. I love wearing my hair in cornrows, my hooyo had braided them for me since I was a little girl View attachment 20978

On a side note, if you think that question is bad, wait til you've been asked if you shower with a hijab on
This!

If it weren't for my hijab I'd get some much shit for my hair, especially due to the hairstyles I enjoy so much. I love wearing my hair in cornrows, my hooyo had braided them for me since I was a little girl View attachment 20978

Are u full Somali? Usually dark skinned Somalis have the softest hair.

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
This!

Chemically relaxed but damaged hair and a lighter but very damaged and susceptible skin... makes me wanna cry wallahi when I hear about how the girls feel pressured into changing themselves.

LOOOL I was asked if I had cancer or going bald and wore the scarf to hide it :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.