In 'hacked' emails, UAE Amb. in DC "seen pushing for the U.S. to close down its military base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I misread your earlier post.

What I still don't understand with Qatar being portrayed as "in bed with the Islamists and terror camps" is that:
1) America (under the Obama admin) was supportive of the Muslim Brother hood as well.
2) Somalia has positive relations with Turkey (under the Erdogan admin) so why would that happen if Erdogan supports Islamism (and thus, indirectly, Al Shabab)?? (A lot of Somalis here even believe that Turkey should be our number 1 ally...but Qatar is the bad guy?).
3) If UAE is for "moderate progressive arab world", why is it so pro-Saudi Arabia??? Saudi wahabbism is more cancerous than anything Qatar has ever done.
I
I forgot to mention that the US doesn't support anyone right now rather it has three main objectives
  1. Maintaining It's relationship with isreal
  2. Securing a nuclear deal with Iran
  3. Maintaining a functional state in Iraq

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Sorry, I misread your earlier post.

What I still don't understand with Qatar being portrayed as "in bed with the Islamists and terror camps" is that:
1) America (under the Obama admin) was supportive of the Muslim Brother hood as well.
2) Somalia has positive relations with Turkey (under the Erdogan admin) so why would that happen if Erdogan supports Islamism (and thus, indirectly, Al Shabab)?? (A lot of Somalis here even believe that Turkey should be our number 1 ally...but Qatar is the bad guy?).
3) If UAE is for "moderate progressive arab world", why is it so pro-Saudi Arabia??? Saudi wahabbism is more cancerous than anything Qatar has ever done.

:mindblown: But if there's anything i gathered is that even though the Khawraji/Wahabbi idealogy originates from Saudi, It's Qatar that fuels it. There's a reason they're the only country who gives amnesty to every extremist from every group.

I'm so confused, ME politics is so all over the place lol.
Why is UAE against the Muslim Brotherhood? And didn't @Hemaal say that Qatar supported the coup in Turkey? (Yet both Turkey and Qatar are allied in sponsoring the Muslim Brotherhood...??). Are you familiar with the final objective of these countries? Can they be categorized into groups?

So far, it seems as if UAE is just a puppet for spreading Saudi interests ..and Qatar is leaning more towards Iran solely because it opposes Saudi domination of the ME. (Although Qatar is Sunni right?)
Where does America and the West lie in all of this?

arnt we alll

imrs.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending