In a world full of negativity

Status
Not open for further replies.
From insulting Somali girls physical appearance to sad deaths within the community , it seems as if 90% of the threads posted on here are negative . So in this thread , share something positive that you like .

Are you part of something like this in your school / college/ university?

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
am glad somalis made their own student union instead of joining blm or afrocentric union i find those groups to be quite negetive in targgeting white people as opressors, its great they are quite open and positive to create a somali student union to represent the somali community and to make thier parents proud i for one am proud :samwelcome:

There's a somali society at my university, but it's mehh... Its mostly just organising social activities for somali students but its pretty disorganised

I’m in university and the vast majority of Somalis here are girls. There’s only like two boys on the whole campus so if we do make a society, it’ll have to be called Somali Women’s Society :meleshame:

The other day my dad drove me to uni and was shocked at how the didn’t see a single somali boy, most of East London is like this :farmajoyaab:

am glad somalis made their own student union instead of joining blm or afrocentric union i find those groups to be quite negetive in targgeting white people as opressors, its great they are quite open and positive to create a somali student union to represent the somali community and to make thier parents proud i for one am proud :samwelcome:

geeljire

We had an Islamic union run by Arabs, but we established an African Students Union (very few Somalis) and it was a success. We even had a well known Somali Band called Dur Dur play several times in our festivals.

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
I’m in university and the vast majority of Somalis here are girls. There’s only like two boys on the whole campus so if we do make a society, it’ll have to be called Somali Women’s Society :meleshame:

The other day my dad drove me to uni and was shocked at how the didn’t see a single somali boy, most of East London is like this :farmajoyaab:

East London is mostly like that, most of my family members are from East London as we used to live there back in the days. Most of my family members (boys) are either in jail or gangs. I got a nephew from Forest Gate whos the son of my eldest brother and my cousin from Newham they are family they consider themselves as “opps”. Opposition basically from a rival gang. Yet they are family, most of East London is like that.

Last edited:
I'm low key upset they're American and not British. I'm starting to believe in the anti-UK slander

How much longer can I ignore the signs

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
geeljire

We had an Islamic union run by Arabs, but we established an African Students Union (very few Somalis) and it was a success. We even had a well known Somali Band called Dur Dur play several times in our festivals.
i think somalis should stay away from those and establish our own unions clearly we are unique to ourselves and we should be supporting ourselves first before helping others, but anyway am glad that it was a success

From insulting Somali girls physical appearance to sad deaths within the community , it seems as if 90% of the threads posted on here are negative . So in this thread , share something positive that you like .

Are you part of something like this in your school / college/ university?

Somalis in university well that's a first lool

OMG this is so nice to see! In my uni there's hardly any muslims, hardly any black students and no somalis (i think, since i haven't seen any yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts