IMPORTANT: new archaeological finds in Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the majority of Northern Somalia was probably Dir before. Why are there large ancient towns? Who built them? Where did Tumaal/Gabooye come from? Perhaps they were the survivors of the settled people and were enslaved? Nomads always look down upon settled people, hard workers and farmers.
I doubt it was Dir before(unless you count Isaaq as Dir). The Daroods in those areas built them, they were the sultans there. I don't know about Tumaal/Gabooye, what's their qabiil? I doubt they are, and your theory has too many holes. The Saab are in southern Somalia, the most fertile area. Not to put them down, but with that they should be building empires. They didn't though. Very unlikely that they were in the North.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I doubt it was Dir before(unless you count Isaaq as Dir). The Daroods in those areas built them, they were the sultans there. I don't know about Tumaal/Gabooye, what's their qabiil? I doubt they are, and your theory has too many holes. The Saab are in southern Somalia, the most fertile area. Not to put them down, but with that they should be building empires. They didn't though. Very unlikely that they were in the North.
In Ceerigabo there is a large population of Magaadle who are Dir.

No, I sincerely doubt that Darood/Isaaq/Hawiye built any of those areas. My grandfather told me that they didn't even build the wells in Sool, they were built before they even came to the areas. Near Laascaanood, there is a massive ancient town with like 200 houses. Who built them? Geeljires? :cryinglaughsmiley:

In Ceerigabo there is a large population of Magaadle who are Dir.

No, I sincerely doubt that Darood/Isaaq/Hawiye built any of those areas. My grandfather told me that they didn't even build the wells in Sool, they were built before they even came to the areas. Near Laascaanood, there is a massive ancient town with like 200 houses. Who built them? Geeljires? :cryinglaughsmiley:
Who built the early Meccan and surrounding civilisations in Saudi Arabia? Greeks?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Who built the early Meccan and surrounding civilisations in Saudi Arabia? Greeks?
You don't seem to understand me. I've never said that non Somalis built these ancient town, but that the nomadic Somalis DIDN'T. I believe that there was a settled, urban and farming Somali population that was defeated by the nomadic Somalis. We have the Tumaal who are looked down upon, yet they are skilled blacksmiths, makers of equipment, mechanics...people valued in all civilized societies on earth. The only reasonable explanation is that they were part of the defeated Somali society and the extremist nomadic Somali clans destroyed their civilization. Historically, nomads desist and look down upon settled people, farmers, and hard workers. That's why they are looked down upon. Maybe they worshiped Waaq whilst the nomads were Muslim? Who knows.

Last edited:
You don't seem to understand me. I've never said that non Somalis built these ancient town, but that the nomadic Somalis DIDN'T. I believe that there was a settled, urban and farming Somali population that was defeated by the nomadic Somalis. We have the Tumaal who are looked down upon, yet they are skilled blacksmiths, makers of equipment, mechanics...people valued in all civilized societies on earth. The only reasonable explanation is that they were part of the defeated Somali society and the extremist nomadic Somali clans destroyed their civilization. Historically, nomads desist and look down upon settled people, farmers, and hard workers. That's why they are looked down upon. Maybe they worshiped Waaq whilst the nomads were Muslim? Who knows.
Interesting. I'd say it's possible, but still unlikely. Why? Because these nomads found the only civilisation in Somalia since the 10th century.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Interesting. I'd say it's possible, but still unlikely. Why? Because these nomads found the only civilisation in Somalia since the 10th century.
d063aa4c267277894143eb1e177fe626--cave-painting-somali.jpg

Cow paintings in Somaliland. What happened?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
:what1:Rock art isn't civilisation. And people still herd cattle there right?
Cows in Somaliland? Hell no.

The real civilization of Somalis was before the 10th century. Historically, we've always lived in Somalia so why does our clan system only go up to the 12-13th century? I believe the current clan system is due to the defeat, conquest and enslavement of the more cultured and urbanized Somali populations by a confederation of nomads that are the ancestors of Samaale. Fascinating really.

The Tumaal etc built Somalia, Punt etc. :qri8gs7:

Cows in Somaliland? Hell no.

The real civilization of Somalis was before the 10th century. Historically, we've always lived in Somalia so why does our clan system only go up to the 12-13th century? I believe the current clan system is due to the defeat, conquest and enslavement of the more cultured and urbanized Somali populations by a confederation of nomads that are the ancestors of Samaale.
Boon-Cattle.jpg

Sometimes_people_are_forced_to_share_food_with_cows.jpeg

somalia-water-borehole-livestock-cows-camels-900.jpg

All from Somaliland sxb.

Our clan system goes beyond the 10th century doesn't it? Except Isaaq and Darood anyway. I don't know what they did before the 10th century, but I do know that they were originally nomadic. These nomads found their civilisations didn't they? The Arabs were nomadic, they too found civilisation. It's quite common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts