I'm Thinking of Joining Sufism.

These modern day sufis practice innovation. You must not go extreme but rather find a balance.

Imam al-Shafi`i said:
"(Be both) a faqih and a sufi: do not be only one of them, Verily, by Allah’s truth, I am advising you sincerely."

If you leave politics from Islam then you will have a beautiful spiritual experience. If you don’t care about what others are doing and just focus on worship then it’s good.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Salam aleiykum guys,

Earlier this year, I got into affirmations and yoga. I may be an ascetic at heart since I've always been drawn to this kind of lifestyle. Plus it actually had a positive impact and made me more calm. I'd visited an ashram if it wasn't for fear of shirk..

Anyway, I'm listening to Hamza Yusuf and I love how most of his lectures focus more on spirituality (lots of dhikr), finding meaning in nature, seeking knowledge rather societal issues like marrying 4 wives and the sorts. Don't get me wrong, I think these topics are important but are not applicable to me at this point of my life. I think joining sufism will allow me to have the spiritual experience I am seeking without falling into one of the major sin in Islam.

Interested in honest feedback on whether I should join sufism and what to expect. Thank you 🙏
Mashallah sister you made the right decision, Wahabissm is devoid of spirituality while Sufism shall unlock your heart to the wonders of Imaan.

mrlog

VIP
You might be right. Going into trance is a surreal experience. Feels like you get high without the drugs subhanallah.

I'm scared of accidentally joining cults.
I also don't want to mess with dead people and spirits. My heart yearns for a connection to its creator but it's like everything around me is designed to keep me away from Him (s.w)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
my guy
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Salam aleiykum guys,

Earlier this year, I got into affirmations and yoga. I may be an ascetic at heart since I've always been drawn to this kind of lifestyle. Plus it actually had a positive impact and made me more calm. I'd visited an ashram if it wasn't for fear of shirk..

Anyway, I'm listening to Hamza Yusuf and I love how most of his lectures focus more on spirituality (lots of dhikr), finding meaning in nature, seeking knowledge rather societal issues like marrying 4 wives and the sorts. Don't get me wrong, I think these topics are important but are not applicable to me at this point of my life. I think joining sufism will allow me to have the spiritual experience I am seeking without falling into one of the major sin in Islam.

Interested in honest feedback on whether I should join sufism and what to expect. Thank you 🙏
Then you should be prepared attending regular dance session such this one over here

:trumpsmirk:

al-Mu'tamid المعتمد

عِشْ مَا شِئْتَ فَإِنَّكَ مَيِّتٌ
MIX IT

sufi and sunni is the way of enlightenment .

dhikr all day by saying quranic verses and 5 daily prayers , this will give you inner peace .

real sufis dont dance or twirl we just pray and do dhikr dhikr=saying prayers .
How does that make you a Sufi? It is what normal Muslims are supposed to do. It is dangerous to label oneself with something even the Prophet or the Sahaba did not label themselves with.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Pray how the prophet prayed live how the prophet did and commanded.

I dont know you but it seems like from your post you became Sufi for the vibes, I would not advise that :nvjpqts:

Islam is an all encompassing, comprehensive religion that deals with every part of life, that includes societal issues and 4 wives (through the Islamic laws and principles, not social media activity and noise), guiding us to deal with it responsibly. We don't take aspects of Islam and discard the rest, so remember to follow the middle-road. Islam is about, commitments, legal matters, as well as spiritual matters. If you only want to maximize the Sufi aspects because you want to proximate the Yoga wishy-washy stuff, then certainly, I think the need itself is questionable. There are many youths influenced by self-serving trends of New Age-esque wanting to bask in the ephemeral lie of the ego, and confuse trance states with 'truth'. Don't mistake that with Islam. The deen is a higher order; it asks us to believe in the Oneness of The Creator, to follow Allah's words in the Quran, the Prophet (PBUH) teachings and doings, and his companions.

There is also the concept of spirituality in these times that is mistaken. Surely, the best of humans, who was the Prophet, had humanly maximized whatever we need to seek. So paying attention to how he lived his life, would yield better outcomes instead of people claiming to be spiritual without showing proof of any Islamic commitment that even comes close to his. In this day and age, you will hear people claim "spiritual" but not religious. You see, they feel they have become more enlightened, and think themselves above praying to their God.

Islam gives good spiritual nourishment through all its aspects, down through the very basic actions.

Last edited:

Trending