I'm taking 23andMe after 1 year of fulaynimo

Yes its much better for clan genealogy and clan research. You'll get a TMRCA estimate along with your subclade.
So basically big Y gets straight to the point unlike 23andMe, plus you get to see your TMRCA which is good for connecting with clan members and confirm sub clan and clan relations.

I'm taking 23andMe after 1 year of looking at DNA tests and clansmen arguing when they got different haplogroups. I only seen one guy on Somalispot claiming to be the same sub clan as me and that he got E-V32, I never seen his results tho so I disregarded it. I thought my sub clan was safe since all members I've seen got T-L208 haplogroup, but few weeks ago my friend from my sub clan got his results back as E-V32. It was pretty shocking to see. Apparently there was a Rahanweyn guy hating on bantus but got a bantu haplogroup.
:faysalwtf:

Now I'm not as sure I will get haplogroup T and will not say it in advance. I wanted to ask if anyone knows when prices goes down, my friend also told me if your grandparents were Somali then you can get it for free. What is the quickest and cheapest way to take a 23andMe test?
Did you already order from the link @Hamdule posted here if not make sure you select somalia for every parent. They refuse you if you put another country in there like Ethiopia even though Somali territories like somali galbeed Internationally come under Ethiopia. I know you. I know you don’t care about anything past Ev32 or T but if you were really interested in knowing your lineage past 2 thousand years up to 1300 which is around the time clans like isaaq, sacad mused garxajis Came to be then you should do the nebula $149. It truces you Haplgoriup with deeper subclades.
If I get 40% Somali do I have to turn in my Somali card? I wanna get it done but I don’t want it to be some crazy shit.
23andme you won’t get any of that 40% crap you will get 100% somali unless you already know you have some foreign mix from your great grandparent. If your family have been somali-somali- past 300-400 years it will show you as somali 100%.

I don't see the point. I know I'm Ciise Maxamuud, MJ. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to find more of my clansmen on some Y-DNA site and if they all have the same haplogroup, then that's probably what I am.

I'm fairly confident that at this point, most Somalis don't need to do DNA tests.

I don't see the point. I know I'm Ciise Maxamuud, MJ. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to find more of my clansmen on some Y-DNA site and if they all have the same haplogroup, then that's probably what I am.

I'm fairly confident that at this point, most Somalis don't need to do DNA tests.
You never know if your recent lineage is adopted.

That may be true for your clan but many other clans haven't really done full genome tests much.

Is Ismail Arreh big as Ishak Arre?
Both are big but Ismail Arreh is much larger and more widespread than Ishaaq Arreh, but I haven't seen any Ismail Arreh with E-V32 even tho our extremely large size. I haven't seen any Ishaaq Arreh with E-V32 either, only my Musa Arreh friend got E-V32.

Did you already order from the link @Hamdule posted here if not make sure you select somalia for every parent. They refuse you if you put another country in there like Ethiopia even though Somali territories like somali galbeed Internationally come under Ethiopia. I know you. I know you don’t care about anything past Ev32 or T but if you were really interested in knowing your lineage past 2 thousand years up to 1300 which is around the time clans like isaaq, sacad mused garxajis Came to be then you should do the nebula $149. It truces you Haplgoriup with deeper subclades.

23andme you won’t get any of that 40% crap you will get 100% somali unless you already know you have some foreign mix from your great grandparent. If your family have been somali-somali- past 300-400 years it will show you as somali 100%.
Do I know you? :rudywhatever: Got me thinking.

Both are big but Ismail Arreh is much larger and more widespread than Ishaaq Arreh, but I haven't seen any Ismail Arreh with E-V32 even tho our extremely large size. I haven't seen any Ishaaq Arreh with E-V32 either, only my Musa Arreh friend got E-V32.
I've already seen an Ismail Arreh, (Muse Ismail, if I remember correctly) with T-L208 on 23andme so it's pointless to do it too. It's better to get the full genome testing for breakdown and upload raw data on yfull to see if you share TMRCA with other T Habar Yunis on there.

mahamdov

Nabaddoonka Somaaliyeed "
There is other muuse care get T-l208 which muuse care was your friend ?

I've already seen an Ismail Arreh, (Muse Ismail, if I remember correctly) with T-L208 on 23andme so it's pointless to do it too. It's better to get the full genome testing for breakdown and upload raw data on yfull to see if you share TMRCA with other T Habar Yunis on there.
What's your clan?

mahamdov

Nabaddoonka Somaaliyeed "
I don't know my friends Musa Arreh sub clan but I can ask him and tell you after. What did you mean by "There is other muuse care get T-l208"?
Look at this he is muuse care
I think some muuse care migrated to Mudug in the past And they are dhaml care sub clan
Some Somalis may have joined them there
Or they themselves claimed to be hy at some point
20230427_122203.jpg

Trending