I'm taking 23andMe after 1 year of fulaynimo

I'm taking 23andMe after 1 year of looking at DNA tests and clansmen arguing when they got different haplogroups. I only seen one guy on Somalispot claiming to be the same sub clan as me and that he got E-V32, I never seen his results tho so I disregarded it. I thought my sub clan was safe since all members I've seen got T-L208 haplogroup, but few weeks ago my friend from my sub clan got his results back as E-V32. It was pretty shocking to see. Apparently there was a Rahanweyn guy hating on bantus but got a bantu haplogroup.
:faysalwtf:

Now I'm not as sure I will get haplogroup T and will not say it in advance. I wanted to ask if anyone knows when prices goes down, my friend also told me if your grandparents were Somali then you can get it for free. What is the quickest and cheapest way to take a 23andMe test?

Hamdule

J Haplogroup Enthusiast
Really? Alhamdulilah, I've heard maybe it was around 6 weeks. I'm not trying to worry for 6 weeks. Btw are you haplogroup J, you have in your profile and I may have seen you comment about it.
yeah it was 13 days that it took after they received the kit.

Yes i am J haplogroup, reer J-Y178104:rejoice:

The American government after millions of Somalis sending their DNA
200w.gif

I'm taking 23andMe after 1 year of looking at DNA tests and clansmen arguing when they got different haplogroups. I only seen one guy on Somalispot claiming to be the same sub clan as me and that he got E-V32, I never seen his results tho so I disregarded it. I thought my sub clan was safe since all members I've seen got T-L208 haplogroup, but few weeks ago my friend from my sub clan got his results back as E-V32. It was pretty shocking to see. Apparently there was a Rahanweyn guy hating on bantus but got a bantu haplogroup.

Now I'm not as sure I will get haplogroup T and will not say it in advance. I wanted to ask if anyone knows when prices goes down, my friend also told me if your grandparents were Somali then you can get it for free. What is the quickest and cheapest way to take a 23andMe test?
If I get 40% Somali do I have to turn in my Somali card? I wanna get it done but I don’t want it to be some crazy shit.

The American government after millions of Somalis sending their DNA View attachment 268725
I'm not from America do they still get my DNA? Or is it bc 23andMe headquarters is in California?
If I get 40% Somali do I have to turn in my Somali card? I wanna get it done but I don’t want it to be some crazy shit.
40% is almost half Somali, your still heavily partially Somali but I know a lot of people would want to take your Somali card.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Don't recommend it to be honest i thought i would get full Somali but turns out i have 70% West African DNA

I'm not from America do they still get my DNA? Or is it bc 23andMe headquarters is in California?
23&me is american ,but either way it doesn't matter & you'll end up in their database.

The FBI will have a field day in the future. They don't even need the criminals DNA, some distant relative's DNA will be enough. :wow1:

What's your subclan?

Bro dont waste money on a 23andme test. Enough somalis did this test from numerous tribes. Esp Isaaq tribes are well accounted for in these tests, all you'll get is 100% autosomal somali and T-L208 paternal haplogroup. Its much better to invest in a Big Y test because it has alot more value than a simple commercial test like 23andme

Bro dont waste money on a 23andme test. Enough somalis did this test from numerous tribes. Esp Isaaq tribes are well accounted for in these tests, all you'll get is 100% autosomal somali and T-L208 paternal haplogroup. Its much better to invest in a Big Y test because it has alot more value than a simple commercial test like 23andme
Agree. 23&me is useless for clan research purposes

Will big Y show both my haplogroup and sub clade?

Trending

Latest posts