Im so awkward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muji

VIP
Loool, don’t get me wrong. She was those really sheltered miskeen kind of girls with a strict curfew. She messaged me saying she had fun and would love to do it again. I noped the f*ck outta there.

Lol this what is known as doublespeak.

He tells the op to not to fix her social anxiety problem because it makes her seem chaste and is appealing.

Then he tells us he walked out on a date because of this.

You Somali men are the worst. Mentally retarded animals.

I used to be in debate and speech and I was a champ. In the most humble way; I am articulate and opinionated. All of my friends are surprised when they see me behave the way I do because its like an out of body experience. Every person I have ever formed a non romantic relationship with, would never believe that I'm the same person who is shivering around not being able to be strong.
That's the part that is the most stressful; people simply don't understand just because you can communicate well, it doesn't mean you will be calm and collected in every situation.
My closest friends are catching on and they seem a bit concerned. They have been playing match maker for a while now, but nothing seems to be working out.
I'm better over text than I am in real life because there are no emotions associated with a screen.
I don't think I have crippling anxiety because the only time I act like this is if I AM PURSUING someone. Fear of rejection seems more like it.
Honestly this made me want to move away too because I can go somewhere I wont easily find somali people and just focus on my studies until I am actually ready for marriage.

Ohh I see, I’m doing the same here improving myself and focusing on me because none of this matter to me now lool I think the same to you to

He tells the op to not to fix her social anxiety problem because it makes her seem chaste and is appealing.

I think you misunderstood me. Being shy around guys you like AT FIRST can be endearing, you can at least work with it. She can warm up to you provided you’re patient. With my situation however, the girl had social anxiety to the point she couldn’t even speak properly to the opposite sex. The former I can handle, the latter I can’t.

Muji

VIP
I think you misunderstood me. Being shy around guys you like AT FIRST can be endearing, you can at least work with it. She can warm up to you provided you’re patient. With my situation however, the girl had social anxiety to the point she couldn’t even speak properly to the opposite sex. The former I can handle, the latter I can’t.

Oh shut up you idiot. There is no correlation between personality and chastity. Go and google the five big personality types and more specifically extraversion and neuroticism.

Stop giving advice about anxiety issues through the disgusting lense of a Somali man obsessed with virginity and chastity. You Somali men make me sick.

I used to be in debate and speech and I was a champ. In the most humble way; I am articulate and opinionated. All of my friends are surprised when they see me behave the way I do because its like an out of body experience. Every person I have ever formed a non romantic relationship with, would never believe that I'm the same person who is shivering around not being able to be strong.
That's the part that is the most stressful; people simply don't understand just because you can communicate well, it doesn't mean you will be calm and collected in every situation.
My closest friends are catching on and they seem a bit concerned. They have been playing match maker for a while now, but nothing seems to be working out.
I'm better over text than I am in real life because there are no emotions associated with a screen.
I don't think I have crippling anxiety because the only time I act like this is if I AM PURSUING someone. Fear of rejection seems more like it.
Honestly this made me want to move away too because I can go somewhere I wont easily find somali people and just focus on my studies until I am actually ready for marriage.

It’s okay. Even guys when starting out are pretty nervous with chicks. In due time you’ll get used to it so don’t worry too much about it.

Oh shut up you idiot. There is no correlation between personality and chastity. Go and google the five big personality types and more specifically extraversion and neuroticism.

Stop giving advice about anxiety issues through the disgusting lense of a Somali man obsessed with virginity and chastity. You Somali men make me sick.

If I approach a girl and she’s not nervous, then I’ll assume she’s experienced in dating and/or had a promiscuous past. If she’s nervous, then I’ll assume she’s new to dating.

I'm not shy at all but when I tell you I'm awkward around men I like. Boii you ain't even ready!
My conversations: trash
My flow: weak
My jokes: cringe
My face: red
My nails: digging into my skin
My eyes: fixed on the floor or fan
My cheeks: burnt
The words that come out sound so stupid and not like me. I can feel myself go home and yell at myself for saying those things.
I just wish there was a different way to go about this. Like publishing an autobiography and approaching whoever's story you found interesting. Everyone would already know everything about each other so you don't have to struggle making conversation. THE WORST kind of dates are when you are set up with a double date and the other couple is there to see if their work will flourish. I was sooooo far gone. NEVER AGAIN!

Serious question: how do I get rid of my awkwardness ?
Grab him by the balls and tell him you like him. You'll both feel at ease in no time.

Knowles right Now
You Somali Men Make me Sick!!!

I'm not shy at all but when I tell you I'm awkward around men I like. Boii you ain't even ready!
The words that come out sound so stupid and not like me. I can feel myself go home and yell at myself for saying those things.
I just wish there was a different way to go about this. Like publishing an autobiography and approaching whoever's story you found interesting. Everyone would already know everything about each other so you don't have to struggle making conversation. THE WORST kind of dates are when you are set up with a double date and the other couple is there to see if their work will flourish. I was sooooo far gone. NEVER AGAIN!

Keep putting yourself in that situation. The more experience of it you get, the better.

True, he should have given her a couple more dates at least to see if her she was less awkward.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity

I'm only like this when I talk to cute Somali guys :mjlol::mjlol: instead of getting quiet I speak too much. Then I cringe about it later lol

Not with any other guys :cosbyhmm: idek why

I'm only like this when I talk to cute Somali guys :mjlol::mjlol: instead of getting quiet I speak too much. Then I cringe about it later lol

Not with any other guys :cosbyhmm: idek why
It's because you are nervous, do you twirl your hair btw? I find that when a girl likes me she twirls her hair a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending