Im so awkward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not shy at all but when I tell you I'm awkward around men I like. Boii you ain't even ready!
My conversations: trash
My flow: weak
My jokes: cringe
My face: red
My nails: digging into my skin
My eyes: fixed on the floor or fan
My cheeks: burnt
The words that come out sound so stupid and not like me. I can feel myself go home and yell at myself for saying those things.
I just wish there was a different way to go about this. Like publishing an autobiography and approaching whoever's story you found interesting. Everyone would already know everything about each other so you don't have to struggle making conversation. THE WORST kind of dates are when you are set up with a double date and the other couple is there to see if their work will flourish. I was sooooo far gone. NEVER AGAIN!

Serious question: how do I get rid of my awkwardness ?

Sameee but I think it's common. A couple of months ago I was meeting up with my friend and her sister, apparently her male cousin who was visiting them from the UK was coming with us. She didn't tell me. I was being sooo awkward, basically was avoiding all eye contact and pretended he wasn't there lol. He was very social and an easy going person so after a while I felt more comfortable but I think any other guy would've been weirded out by me.

Sameee but I think it's common. A couple of months ago I was meeting up with my friend and her sister, apparently her male cousin who was visiting them from the UK was coming with us. She didn't tell me. I was being sooo awkward, basically was avoiding all eye contact and pretended he wasn't there lol. He was very social and an easy going person so after a while I felt more comfortable but I think any other guy would've been weirded out by me.

Sharaf :samwelcome:

I'm not shy at all but when I tell you I'm awkward around men I like. Boii you ain't even ready!
My conversations: trash
My flow: weak
My jokes: cringe
My face: red
My nails: digging into my skin
My eyes: fixed on the floor or fan
My cheeks: burnt
The words that come out sound so stupid and not like me. I can feel myself go home and yell at myself for saying those things.
I just wish there was a different way to go about this. Like publishing an autobiography and approaching whoever's story you found interesting. Everyone would already know everything about each other so you don't have to struggle making conversation. THE WORST kind of dates are when you are set up with a double date and the other couple is there to see if their work will flourish. I was sooooo far gone. NEVER AGAIN!

Serious question: how do I get rid of my awkwardness ?

Stop overthinking and stop caring about what ppl think.
Don't censor yourself when having convos, don't be afraid to show others who you are, and just let it flow without trying to force it. At the same time, think about what you're going to say and whether it's beneficial/useful to say or if its unnecessary tmi.

Don't force jokes, just let them come naturally into your convo.

It seems your trying to please the people you're talking to.

Also practice!, practice conversing with people. Put yourself in uncomfortable situations so you can grow as a person and just talk to strangers. Try it with people in customer service jobs, they're paid to be nice to you.

I've been around shy girls, the worst thing for the guy is to make the conversation bland, if you keep her talking and joke around, she will open up eventually.

There is an event happening this weekend, do you guys think I should ask him out? Or is that too weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending