I'm Anisa Hajimumin, Minister of Women's Development -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen.
It would be nice that you can stop by if you come to Garoe. You will only notice that people laugh at how much benefits I put in but gained on nothing. I owe nothing and will not do so because, I was sworn in on oath-I do not take that lightly. Plus I am confident that my only career won't be a politician, so financial losses aren't my thing.
Btw, follow me on Twiiter-I am very open about my leadership. I came here to make a difference not to steal.
Thanks

Hahaha ignore that fool, he's trolling you :lol:

Inshallah :nvjpqts:
P.S. I meant that it is expensive for a lot of students who come from a poor background.

For 4 long years including books? That is roughly $375 per semester.
Of course it is expensive for very poor student. On poverty, here it has different definitions-I saw poor woman who owns most of building in the city. She doesn't have cash in hand and that is not poverty. That is another topic that needs discussion by the way.

Odeg

Gedo
First of all thank you for being service to our people Anisa.

Secondly feminism is a western ideology and does sometimes don't stand eye to eye with Islam, have you had issues in this perspective in your work?

Minister,

How bad is corruption in Puntland? Is it something that worries you?

It is bad but the reality is, until we talk about it openly, we will not succeed in dealing with it. I encouraged the Good Governance director to establish anti-corruption strategy which worked. I can't wait for its implementation.

First of all thank you for being service to our people Anisa.

Secondly feminism is a western ideology and does sometimes don't stand eye to eye with Islam, have you had issues in this perspective in your work?

Thank you.
No I haven't. I am devout Muslim and while we scream "Islam" we hardly advocate for women's rights. FYI: Islam introduced feminism though many Muslims may not see that. It has to do because of their misconception on feminism.
The rights Islam have to women are the very privileges other women are seeking. Treating women like queens is what Islam teaches us-I bet you never saw such men exercising noble work like that-the same goes for other women too.
I suggest men particularly Somali-Muslim men to stop hunting after feminism but just, practice the religion and the apply the sunnah so we don't have to spend millions on protecting women that were concealed from your eye, hatred and hand all under Allah's verses. Amen!

Minister,

Do Puntlanders have more rights in Puntland than other Somalis not originally from Puntland but who live in Puntland? (i.e. Free primary education if Puntland has that not extended to non Puntland Somalis)

Federalism may not work for Somalis otherwise it is another way of dividing them. We are unlike the west. It is like the west advocating for having clan based elections-do you see that crazy analogy in that context? Going back in the Middle Ages-Germanic and Normandy tribes. The same applies to us.
Thanks

Last edited:
Since you are her friend, is Fatima from warya post muslim or atheist?

I never consider her status-it is the work she is doing that matters. Btw, we are so behind from other societies because instead of the logical reasoning of the people we deal with-we are pretty much focused on the personal level.
I never saw it live but I was once told a friend who always helped in mosques and brough food in Ramadan was gay. It seems we are much focused on our private lives than what the person can do.
I won't do my Lord's job but only that I am responsible for. Thanks

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Federalism may not work for Somalis otherwise it is another way of dividing them. We are unlike the west. It is like the west advocating for having clan based elections-do you the crazy analogy in that context? Going back in the Middle Ages-Germanic and Normandy tribes. The same applies to us.
Thanks

You're very much welcome

Minister,

Do Puntlanders have more rights in Puntland than other Somalis not originally from Puntland but who live in Puntland? (i.e. Free primary education if Puntland has that not extended to non Puntland Somalis)
No not really. Puntlanders by the way are not only Darod or Majerten as many would interpret. Thanks

I want to thank everyone that participated in the discussion constructively and I very much enjoyed it. I thank Somali Spot for hosting such platform. If you all on Twitter as I do not know, please let's follow each other-and let's all explore ways to empower our people despite locations and bring the best of our forefathers' wishes. Never give up on the will and wish of the people. If you wish to see and help the people-look down and see who is waiting in the lowest rack. That is when you get the real picture and whether you will on the train of the groups united for the greater good. Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending