i'm a young guy who is planning to get Marriage in a year or 2

If I married a somali woman it would have to be issaq that's just my preference. some people are accusing me of being a qabilist just because I have a preference for woman in my own clan.....

Having a preference for only Isaaqs would make sense if we had a different language, origin, culture or look compared to other Somalis. But we don't.

It is qabilism, because you implied in other threads that you would rather marry an ajnabi lady over a non Isaaq woman. That is definitely fuelled by qabilsm. You're not fooling anyone.

Having a preference for only Isaaqs would make sense if we had a different language, origin, culture or look compared to other Somalis. But we don't.

It is qabilism, because you implied in other threads that you would rather marry an ajnabi lady over a non Isaaq woman. That is definitely fuelled by qabilsm. You're not fooling anyone.

I think I could relate better with an issaq inlaw in all honesty. im from a family that is a strong advocate of SL.

Saying stuff like, 'I would rather marry an ajnabi over a non isaaq' is definitely tribalism.
Is it affecting u or other tribes? Nope. If he wants an Isaaq then that's that. Are u saying one can't marry a woman because he prefers to marry from his own clan?

I think I could relate better with an issaq inlaw in all honesty. im from a family that is a strong advocate of SL.

A. Gadabursis are landers. Many are all so a strong advocate and intermarry with Isaaqs.

Also, warsengalis and Dhulbantes are also landers.
Also, some Dir tribes that live in the area and support a separate Somaliland.

Also, not all non-isaaq Somalis care about politics anyway.

Many other Somalis like reer Djibouti for instance wouldn't/ couldn't careless about Somalia/Somaliland politics, and therefore would not go against your separatist views, as they too are a separate Somali nation.

It is evident that your preference isn't really fueled by 'politics', but more tribalism. We Isaaqs are not the only landers.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
First mistake, limiting yourself to one kind of Somali, why should you care what part of Somalia she is from? Or her qabil? Your priorities are messed up , find someone that matches what you are looking for first.

Saying stuff like, 'I would rather marry an ajnabi over a non isaaq' is definitely tribalism.
Abaayo that's a clear red-flag if he said that. But imagine getting divorced because of petty politics. He should rather stick to his tribe, if he is not willing to compromise in marriage. There are people who are rational in their arguments when it comes to Somali politics and others go apeshit over the slightest of things. :mjdontkno:

Ok, then you are contradicting yourself to a degree. I thought you said it's not about politics? Or would you marry an Isaaq who is pro union? :what1:
Be honest bro

A. Gadabursis are landers. Many are all so a strong advocate and intermarry with Isaaqs.

Also, warsengalis and Dhulbantes are also landers.
Also, some Dir tribes that live in the area and support a separate Somaliland.

Also, not all non-isaaq Somalis care about politics anyway.

Many other Somalis like reer Djibouti for instance wouldn't/ couldn't careless about Somalia/Somaliland politics, and therefore would not go against your separatist views, as they too are a separate Somali nation.

It is evident that your preference isn't really fueled by 'politics', but more tribalism. We Isaaqs are not the only landers.

I know there are different clans in SL. But, I just genuinely prefer issaq women even though they might be landers or from djbouti. Naagta issaq wan jecela

I technically I would be financial capable if I lived in Burco, Hargeysa, Erigavo, Brebera or sheikh.
You are obviously hopeless if you even play around with the idea of living in that 5th world draconian shithole.

Forget about qabil and focus on your personal economic , mental and physical self. Once independent marry when you need to not when you want to.

Whatever you do , dont fall into tbe trap og uselessness. Dont become ultra religious , qabilist , sexual etc.

Is it affecting u or other tribes? Nope. If he wants an Isaaq then that's that. Are u saying one can't marry a woman because he prefers to marry from his own clan?

Your point doesn't make sense. Its equivalent to me saying, I would rather marry a white man over a non Isaaq Somali guy. Now that is ridiculous.

Yes, you can want and prefer your own qabil, but surely the next best thing would be a Somali from another tribe who at least shares the same values and language, rather than a whole different ethnicity?

Even the most tribalist adeero and habayar would at least prefer a fellow Somali rather than some next race.

It isn't effecting me in any shape or form, i just find his opinion strange. Nothing wrong with having preferences. Most people prefer to marry within their tribe, i get it but not to the extent that they would rather be with a non Somali over their fellow Somalis, just because they are from a different tribe.

That type of thinking derives from a place in which they think other Somalis are less than. He just admit it, instead of masking it as mere politics, because as I pointed out, Isaaqs are not the only ones from the region or the only ones who believe in Somaliland.

Abaayo that's a clear red-flag if he said that. But imagine getting divorced because of petty politics. He should rather stick to his tribe, if he is not willing to compromise in marriage. There are people who are rational in their arguments when it comes to Somali politics and others go apeshit over the slightest of things. :mjdontkno:

Ok, then you are contradicting yourself to a degree. I thought you said it's not about politics? Or would you marry an Isaaq who is pro union? :what1:
Be honest bro

Madness, i'm an Isaaq who is kinda pro-union and I have lander friends who are as well.

I have a feeling that he would marry a pro-union Isaaq girl over a staunch lander Sameroon.

I can see right through it. Nothing to do with politics.

Madness, i'm an Isaaq who is kinda pro-union and I have lander friends who are as well.

I have a feeling that he would marry a pro-union Isaaq girl over a staunch lander Sameroon.

I can see right through it. Nothing to do with politics.
True, could very well be the case. There are benefits in marrying within your tribe, if you plan to live in a tuulo back home. Outside of that it's really up to his preference, although the difference in appearence between Somalis are marginal to non-existent. He could have said that he prefers a certain dialect (admittedly a really dumb argument but in terms of physical traits that's the extent of difference between Somalis).
My only gripe with his thinking is that he takes the qabilist route too far and would rather forgo marrying a Somali woman altogethter if she is not from his tribe.

True, could very well be the case. There are benefits in marrying within your tribe, if you plan to live in a tuulo back home. Outside of that it's really up to his preference, although the difference in appearence between Somalis are marginal to non-existent. He could have said that he prefers a certain dialect (admittedly a really dumb argument but speaking physically that's the extent of difference between Somalis).
My only gripe with his thinking is that he takes the qabilist route too far and would rather forgo marrying a Somali woman altogethter if she is not from his tribe.

Yep, same. That is my only problem and why I find his arguments insane.
I have some tribalist family members, but even they would rather their child marry a Somali from another qabil over an ajnabi.

I find qabilism stupid, but the only reason why I felt like commenting is because his level of tribalism is on a 100. He makes the crazy qablist adeeros look level headed. Despite their hatred of other tribes, at least they prefer other Somalis to ajnabis.

Also, if he truly cared about compatibility and similarity. He wouldn't choose a non Somali over a non Isaaq Somali.

Last edited:
How is he a qabilist? He just prefers to meet women from that region. lol

@Waaqo of Punt

I come from a family who married from the same sub-sub clan for many, many generations except one great grandfather whom one of his wives was from the same umbrella of the clan. my father broke that chain again and married from another sub sub clan. I loathe qabiilism, but marriage is a choice and I’ve no problem who others marry. It’s their inalienable rights.

Trending