I'm 26, she's 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you equating 10 year olds with a fully developed and mentally mature 17-year-old girl from Kenya.Look yh there is absolutely nothing wrong with him marrying the girl if she is mentally mature and physically developed.Would you have a problem if perhaps say she was 18.In my opinion, anything over around 16 is marriageable however, it is still relative to the age of the partner.Furthermore some states in the so called modern/sophisticated US allows girls of ages 12,13 and 14 to get married.
If you're almost 30 and you marry someone who is only 18 I think that's bad. Atleast wait a few years and don't trap someone who is just starting life.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Given that life expectancy has increased in the industrialized world, 17 is young. Just because she can cook and clean whilst acting "older" doesn't make her so. A girl marrying at that age is robbing her of youth. Considering that her peers are probably single. She could also be saddled with children, potentially limiting her educational attainment. I feel sorry for people in the developing world. If they could, they would marry later.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
If you're almost 30 and you marry someone who is only 18 I think that's bad. Atleast wait a few years and don't trap someone who is just starting life.
You have a clear western mentality, i've personally encountered girls from Kenya and from what i have gathered, there is no such thing as "life"inKenyaa.Girls over there are usually from poor backgrounds, have little to no education and see getting married to an older fairly rich man as a ticket to acquiring "life".Either that or they risk their lives and the theft of their organs in pursuit of life in europe.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Given that life expectancy has increased in the industrialized world, 17 is young. Just because she can cook and clean whilst acting "older" doesn't make her so. A girl marrying at that age is robbing her of youth. Considering that her peers are probably single. She could also be saddled with children, potentially limiting her educational attainment. I feel sorry for people in the developing world. If they could, they would marry later.
Think of the context, the girl is from kenya, do you know how expensive it is to acquire higher level education in that godforsaken nation.Marriage is a smart choice for her, especially if it raises her economic status.

Think of the context, the girl is from kenya, do you know how expensive it is to acquire higher level education in that godforsaken nation.Marriage is a smart choice for her, especially if it raises her economic status.
The guy said she'll be going to uni.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Question - is he willing to at least bank roll the girl and get her through school? What is he providing? My mother married in her early 20s and my father was well into his 30s. The difference was she was in University in the US. And my father paid for her tuition. Why? He already went through grad school abroad and was established. He saw it as an asset to have an educated wife. I don't blame my hooyo for taking that offer. My father was a handsome, educated and cultured man of Beesha T1a. Say Mash'Allah. :win:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Question - is he willing to at least bank roll the girl and get her through school? What is he providing? My mother married in her early 20s and my father was well into his 30s. The difference was she was in University in the US. And my father paid for her tuition. Why? He already went through grad school abroad and was established. He saw it as an asset to have an educated wife. I don't blame my hooyo for taking that offer. My father was a handsome, educated and cultured man of Beesha T1a. Say Mash'Allah. :win:
A cultured man of langaab decent :russ:deh

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
A cultured man of langaab decent :russ:deh

:trumpsmirk:You mean J1 is the langaab of Somalis, a haplogroup you claimed to belong to until it was disproven. :drakelaugh:
T1a has Djibouti on lock, half of Somaliland, and a substantial part of the Somali side of Ethiopia (let's not forget the South). :ulyin:

Samaroon Siciid doesn't border you, though. And you had to look up things on abtirsi.com like a sheegato. It's a bad resource. Ask us for intel. Not James Dahl from somnet.:gucciwhat:

Last edited:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
:trumpsmirk:You mean J1 is the langaab of Somalis, a haplogroup you claimed to belong to until it was disproven. :drakelaugh:
T1a has Djibouti on lock, half of Somaliland, and a substantial part of the Somali side of Ethiopia (let's not forget the South). :ulyin:

Samaroon Siciid doesn't border you, though. And you had to look up things on abtirsi.com like a sheegato, last time I checked. It's a bad resource, just so you know. Just ask the source if you want intel. Not James Dahl from somnet.:gucciwhat:
In other words langaab in every gobol,you do know that you guys only represent 7% of somalis,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
In other words langaab in every gobol,you do know that you guys only represent 7% of somalis,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Until you can give me a legitimate census you're giving me suugo statistics. :hillarybiz: @Rooble will surely school you in a "muh qabil" fest. I can't be bothered.

You gave me another reason to marry a good Samaroon guy. Neutral like Switzerland and they make good fathers.:trumpsmirk:And I wouldn't have existed without one. Imagine how bored you'd be Transparent, speaking at length about your Rubenesque women with no one to challenge your beauty standards or school you on the health consequences associated with morbid obesity.

Last edited:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP

Young girl is referring to not previously divorced. And the man was young himself.

What makes it worse is I give it 2 years til he's bored of her looks and her virginity, then they'll have another 3 years of a horrible marriage then the talaqs. She'll be divorced with 4 kids and no education and not even 30. Yikes.

In Africa there are 16-17 year old Somali girls that are divorcees that have had their life destroyed. There only hope is for another loser to take pity on them.

Life is really sad for the average Somali woman back home. :axvmm9o:

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
It isn't about before or after 18. Whatever decision two teens make is THEIRS equally. In my opinion to marry an 18 year old would still be bad. Most 17/18 year olds don't have enough experience to know what they want. Even though they think they do they'll say yes one minute and later change their mind. Just think of when you were around that age did you make great decisions? Someone much older is able to take advantage of someone who is still growing and who hasn't discovered themselves.
Okay, I see now. Thanks for your perceptive.

hey folks, the girl is here in canada, she was born 'n bred here. the girl is hafiz and is headed to uni, so she dont want boyfriend ish. she wanna settle down and live halal. we gonna get married but delay having kids till she finish her studies in about 4yrs. me gonna be having lots of fun. dream come true.

There is a big difference, a 17 year old back home is like the typical 26 year old diaspora women in terms of mental maturity, particularly those raised in villages, they tend to all get married between the ages 14-17. Tough environments make people age/mature very quickly as opposed to entitled pampered societies that we live in, were even at 27, people can't cook basic food.

Therefore, a diaspora 17 is still a pubescent teen in mentality and maturity, I am surprised you could even hold a conversation with such an immature women.

I remember at the age of 23 going to Somalia to visit a village, and an 16 year old girl was telling me that I was too young after my father pulled a joke that we would be a good match, even I was brainwashed to think she was too young because I judged by western standards/metrics placing value in numbers rather then character/intelligence/maturity etc.

I thought she was joking until I heard she married a 40 year old man months later, just like her older sister did at her age. The same women in the entitled pampered diaspora would have called you a paedophile at 23 never mind at 40, these people are worlds apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending