IGAD welcomes the return to dialogue

a7dfd12dded2e1b1889de54c889123af.gif

Well this whole AU/IGAD mediation plan went off the rails :mjlol:
What do you think this means

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Do you think the farmaajo extenstion is going to go through even if it's condemned

There is not really an extension, the current Parliament remains until an election happens, its just that we have moved away from indirect style elections and back to normal voting since Halane talks broke down between states/FGS

There is not really an extension, the current Parliament remains until an election happens, its just that we have moved away from indirect style elections and back to normal voting since Halane talks broke down between states/FGS

hhhh No where does it say the President will stay until another President gets replaced.

The Parliament has to stay until another parliament replaces them. This ensures they get their benefits and salaries until new lawmakers arrive. They also are in caretaker status and can’t vote on anything. They are only allowed to elect a caretaker pres or new speaker if a constitution crisis occurs. They can’t assign extensions tho.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
hhhh No where does it say the President will stay until another President gets replaced.

Swan mentions "incumbents remain until successors are elected", in response to the guy who asked if the President remains passed Feb 8th.

Swan mentions "incumbents remain until successors are elected", in response to the guy who asked if the President remains passed Feb 8th.
What do you think is going to happen to kenya when verdict comes down for Somalia do you think the debt they have right now they might default

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
What do you think is going to happen to kenya when verdict comes down for Somalia do you think the debt they have right now they might default

The case verdict being positive doesn't really mean enforcement since ICJ does not have an army/police, that will be the next fight incase Kenya decides to reject the outcome as terrible as that might look diplomatically for them.

Incumbent as in the Parliament and the PM.

Sheikh he explicitly says "President Farmaajo", just watch the vid it doesn't really give leeway for alternative interpretation.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP

I heard Gedo residents want to leave the AU Vote no btw. As always African solutions for African problems
after this I reckon most of Somalis would want to leave the AU, horta I don't get the obsession with Gedo, I know you are using it as a code word for a clan, however lets be frank here, we experience bantu expansion first hand yes, but majority of Somalis support the government and are sickened by your celebration right now, that is not exclusive to "gedo residents"

after this I reckon most of Somalis would want to leave the AU, horta I don't get the obsession with Gedo, I know you are using it as a code word for a clan, however lets be frank here, we experience bantu expansion first hand yes, but majority of Somalis support the government and are sickened by your celebration right now, that is not exclusive to "gedo residents"

If I wanted clan I would have used Cabuudwaq to be specific or just say MX.

Brother, what Farmaajo is doing is illegal and no one will accept it.

Let the next Government finish 1p1v it doesn’t have to be Farmaajo.

Of course I will celebrate to the guy who ruined my federal state. I want his political career to be ruined too.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
If I wanted clan I would have used Cabuudwaq to be specific or just say MX.

Brother, what Farmaajo is doing is illegal and no one will accept it.

Let the next Government finish 1p1v it doesn’t have to be Farmaajo.

Of course I will celebrate to the guy who ruined my federal state. I want his political career to be ruined too.
Bro no problem we have different political views and support different candidates in the election, but lets not celebrate this news.

illegal is not correct wording, not ideal is more accurate and of course playing off of that make sense for any opposition.

dont take my banter personally.